Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 minutes ago, T4M* said:

Lmao 🤣

It's a Mexican thing. You use Tortillas to fill you up and as a utensil, no fork or hands required.

@One Man Banned

Yeah, I know how a tortilla works lolz.  But the crust is sort of like an Italian tortilla baked right into the pizza, so slice on a tortilla was a new one to me.  I passed a spot today that is a pizza/Mexican spot, maybe that's what goes on in there.

• LOL! 1

Kids last week wanted dominos 

We were all like "No Dominos is rubbish...support local business... blah blah blah and so on" but no they wouldn't be swayed.

So we got Dominos and lo and behold it was fucking dire..

How does dominos stay in business? Must be wholly dependent on the non fussy broke stoner business.

and it wasn't even that fucking cheap.

• Truth 1

7 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

Kids last week wanted dominos 

We were all like "No Dominos is rubbish...support local business... blah blah blah and so on" but no they wouldn't be swayed.

So we got Dominos and lo and behold it was fucking dire..

How does dominos stay in business? Must be wholly dependent on the non fussy broke stoner business.

and it wasn't even that fucking cheap.

I suspect the majority of their business comes from teens, college kids, and people who enjoy getting diarrhea.

Was talking about Dominos with someone today, was explaining how in Asia they have Asian toppings on pizza that match Asian tastes but that would not work in America.  So in AUS do you have the standard pizza toppings or are there any AUS specific toppings that you wouldn't find elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, T4M* said:

That would be a new one for me too, plus does an italian tortilla rise when baked? It could be just shaped.

@One Man Banned

Nah, I'm saying they're both basically bread, guess yeast would be the difference between the two.  Pizza has a crust so putting it in a tortilla seems redundant, never seen that before.

• Truth 1

30 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

So in AUS do you have the standard pizza toppings or are there any AUS specific toppings that you wouldn't find elsewhere?

pretty much the same would be some minor differences but nothing like the "Crocodile Dundee fair dinkum aussie special with vegemite" or nothing.

Maybe in some places might have barramundi on some thing but not normally.

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

pretty much the same would be some minor differences but nothing like the "Crocodile Dundee fair dinkum aussie special with vegemite" or nothing.

Lol at that.  I don't have a ton of AUS references and didn't want to go there, but after a quick look I see your people delivered, pun intended:

• LOL! 1

^😂 That’s different…not something I would order but probably good.

Where are all the purists who hate on pineapple on pizza when people are putting friend pickles on them 😂.

Edited by LUGR
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LUGR said:

^😂 That’s different…not something I would order but probably good.

Where are all the purists who hate on pineapple on pizza when people are putting friend pickles on them 😂.

Good enough, plus I get a discount on it.  I don't do that one often tho.

Would not put pickles on pizza in general, but I've had it on a Big Mac pizza and it worked, and I've had them or maybe it was relish on a bacon cheeseburger pizza, which also worked.

• Like 1

IMG_3624.thumb.JPG.4f41bb95062cd6f96baf6dc1677a76af.JPG

Don't know that @DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONERwould approve, but this was a Philly cheesesteak pizza with mushrooms and beer cheese sauce.

Also, my normally very behaved dog was maybe upset he stayed in the car while his sister played.  He jumped in the front seat, tore the corner off the box, pulled out two slices, ate the topping, left the crust.

IMG_3660.thumb.JPG.63b3a840645c639aeb1cf22089380a4e.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

..fair enough 🙂

I guess I just have a very old-fashioned idea of "pizza" 💁‍♂️

It's definitely nontraditional.  I've seen a few takes on it before but never tried any.  It wasn't bad, I also can't hate on beer cheese.  It's not a usual offering where I got it and not something I'd make a habit of.

• Like 1