gun thread

Im saying, Taurus isn't completely terrible. There are far worse firearms. We're not talking about Hi-Point for fuck's sake. If you want to save money, I would suggest buying something more proven that is used. I believe that a used Sig or Glock would be a better choice than a new Taurus, but that's me. Its not my money. If I spend my money on something Im going to possibly use to save my life in a bad situation I am not going to try and save a couple hundred bucks. Its like the guys who went out and bought Springfield XD's, they are always trying to justify their purchase by convincing people about them and then get into pissing matches with people (usually over the internet). They're just not as proven. I would trust my 20 year old Glock just as much as I would trust a brand new Glock.

i would lump taurus in with hi points: firearms that come from companies with horrible QC and which would not be well suited to any kind of defensive role

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
explain theory behind this statement please...

im interested.

People who work for blackwater (now XE) are the best of the best from every military in the world. a weapon designed and endorsed by them means that it is reliable and dependable. if it has a problem they wouldnt put their logo on it... plus the Sig p226 is the official sidearm of the US Navy SEALs

I almost got a Sig p220 combat, but ended up with a HK USP tactical instead. I feel like I made the right choice, but the only bad stuff I've heard about new Sigs was about the mosquito, not the full size models.

What's the problem?

Ever since the former Kimber CEO took over at Sig USA the quality of stuff they produce has gone down, I've heard of a lot of broken parts (especially extractors) at low round counts. If I were to get a Sig it would have to say Germany on the side of it

Like anything in life, when your product moves to the hands of new manufacturers in a new plant in a foreign country you are going to get a huge list of problems. Speaking of SIG, my german SIG was awesome, great gun to shoot, and I always wanted one no mechanical failures to speak of.

The handgun I have now, the Browning Hi-power is made in Belgium, however the ones made in the stats are no where near as good apparently. Your talking a resale loss of over 500 bucks from American made to Belgium made.

I want my Glock back I think, that gun was great and I wish I did not sell it. On the list to get is an HK of some variant, and also a hand-made Dlask arms 1911.

http://www.dlaskarms.com/

I haven't read much in this thread about ammunition. What do you guys prefer to carry, what do you guys like to shoot at the range? For my Glock 17 I shoot any brass cased FMJ, usually in 115 grain because it is the easiest and cheapest to find. A 100 round box of loose 115 gr. Winchester for under $20 at Walmart makes for a fun night at the indoor range I go to. Currently I have a couple boxes of Federal 124 gr. FMJ that I have yet to run. For carry I use 124 gr. Federal Hydra Shok standard pressure loading ammo. For the life of me I cannot find the +P version Hydra Shok, I don't know why. The Hydra Shok has a kind of extension in the middle of the hollow tip to help eliminate clogging of the bullet by clothing so that it can expand. For my AK I just run it with dirt cheap steel case Russian ammo.

Kimber Eclipse Targret II 1911-any fmj brass case. 230 gr.

HK USP Tactical .45-have it loaded with some reloads from a buddy using 230 gr.hornady XTPs, also have some winchester supreme sxt, and Federal hydra-shok. Mostly use whatever the cheapest brass case fmj is for the range though.

Bushmaster AR15A2 HBAR-(1in9 twist) Mostly Black Hills 68 or 69 gr. bthp

FrankenAR15 carbine- (1in7 twist) Does best with Hornady 75 gr. or Black Hills 77 gr., but I've been shooting a lot of Prvi Partizan 75 gr. and it's not too bad. Keep a decent stash of M855 for both ARs too.

Glock 23-anything

Remington 700P .308-Black Hills 168 or 175 gr., but it hasn't had an optic for almost a year, so I'm waiting to try out some other stuff too.

'Bout to need some subsonic .22 LRs for when I get this suppressor...

• 2 weeks later...

there is no way i would ever buy a taurus to use as a personal protection gun

IF i had to i would get a taurus wheelgun, they seem pretty solid

oh yea the dumbest mistake i have ever made was selling my west german p220 (.45acp)

i regret that shit every time i think about guns

People who work for blackwater (now XE) are the best of the best from every military in the world. a weapon designed and endorsed by them means that it is reliable and dependable. if it has a problem they wouldnt put their logo on it... plus the Sig p226 is the official sidearm of the US Navy SEALs

i dont doubt that the pistol is rocking, but its pretty much contractor propaganda these days to say that blackwater dudes are the best of the best from around the world. it was originally the idea, but due to the high demand they are no longer hiring just 'the best' anymore.