gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
ruger 10/22's are cheap in the states..

the guy lives in seattle, there is tons of bush/woods to drive to and do some shooting in. I mean bow and arrow's were fun for like 5 mins when I was a kid...then I switched to air guns, then real guns.

would have been way better to go right to real guns.

But there have to be decent bow sets from every outdoor store down in the states would there not?

you can get a bow set up pretty cheap. in fact i've collected 3 super nice compound bows from friends/famiy that either lost interest in them or ran out of room to store the thing.

im sort of with you on the 'if you want to shoot just shoot instead of going with a bow' but if you live in an urban area one of the hardest and most inconvenient thing to do is find somewhere to shoot. you usually have to deal with stupid indoor ranges that suck where you can only punch paper. to get to a real range you have to devote alot of time and/or money into a gun club unless you are real lucky and if you dont know anyone already in the game its 3 times as hard. you can also try to shoot on public land but most of the time state parks ban target shooting, many if not most national forests frown on it if they havent out right banned it, and then you gotta deal with some hippy flipping out if they see you with a gun while they are out hiking while your shooting. not to mention you usually have to drive 1-2 hours out of the city to get to a shooting spot. and if you are a kid, and your parents work alot or have no interest in shooting, you are fucked. which is why a bow might be a good starting point and will allow atleast some sort of marksmanship practice

Fuck you guys have it easy....it is bullshit how the gun law's are here in Canada.

I do have a outdoor range where i can target shoot handguns, but I drive for 40 mins and im out in the bush and that is where I do a majority of my illustrations.

Bow's are fun, however as soon as I had shot them I wanted firearms.

i dont know about the XD but i know for sure a sig p226 or a glock 17 is a good choice

oh yeah cause the 10 year old can pop off a .22 outside an apartment...

they make subsonic ammunition that is about as loud as a compound bow when it releases. about the smae price as regular ammo too.

yeah... arent those polytech m14's with the forged receivers uber cheap up there??

yup, they can still import them there. I believe Chinese weapon imports were banned from the US in 91

edit: with the exception of historical replicas, like the norinco trench gun, which I heard is going to be banned by the ATF anyway due to it having a bayonet lug (ie a "non-sporting" firearm)

Just copped a 3rd gen Glock 19. Going to run it tomorrow night. I didn't used to think so, but there is a big difference in size between the compact and full size Glocks. On paper, it doesn't look like much but IRL its night and day. Much better for carrying.
fucking THIS

i have a g17 that i keep at home and my homie has a g19 that

he carries at home/work(no CHL). the 19 feels waaaaay better than

the 17. i havent shot it but i am sure it is pretty similar to the 17