gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i think the next pistol i need is a .22 for cheap range shooting. i've kinda been checking out stuff from the browning buckmaster series and the sig mosquito. anyone have either of those, or suggest something else?

You should check out the different Ruger mkII or mkIIIs. Generally accurate and reliable. There is also a ton of aftermarket stuff for them.

Also the GSG 1911 .22. It's kind of new, but have heard mostly good things about them. Might end up with one of those myself. 80% of the parts are interchangeable with .45 1911s. Good shit.

You should check out the different Ruger mkII or mkIIIs. Generally accurate and reliable. There is also a ton of aftermarket stuff for them.

Also the GSG 1911 .22. It's kind of new, but have heard mostly good things about them. Might end up with one of those myself. 80% of the parts are interchangeable with .45 1911s. Good shit.

^^ this

My next toy is going to be this gun with an interchangeable .45 - 22 kit..

I always thought the Sig Mosquito and other high end .22 pistols are really overkill. Its like, you've got this NICE ass pistol, but......its in .22 LR. For about the same dough, you could have a very reliable and proven tactical pistol in 9mm, .40, etc. Im not going to say its name though :p I would spend my money (alot less) on something like a Browning Buckmark or Ruger .22 pistol. Something like that which is specifically a .22 from the start.

I have read about a lot of reliability problems with Sig Misquitos. If I remember correctly, earlier models were much more prone to having problems (mainly jamming and failure to feed, I believe).

I guess even the newer ones, which have some of the kinks worked out, are really picky about ammo and seem to only work reliably with one or two brands of ammo.

I always thought the Sig Mosquito and other high end .22 pistols are really overkill. Its like, you've got this NICE ass pistol, but......its in .22 LR. For about the same dough, you could have a very reliable and proven tactical pistol in 9mm, .40, etc. Im not going to say its name though :p I would spend my money (alot less) on something like a Browning Buckmark or Ruger .22 pistol. Something like that which is specifically a .22 from the start.

I think the same thing, but I would get one that I could swap out to shoot .22 and .40

i looked at the requirements for blackwater and even when i finish with the SEALs i still need more training to get hired for the position i want

i've known a couple people who transition from regular army (not sf of any sort) to work w/ xe.

don't stress about listed requirements as your interview is as important.

For whatever reason I assume that people who know about guns may know something about archery. I want to buy my kid a bow and arrow for their tenth birthday. Any recommendations? Looking to keep it pretty cheap and this is for shooting at targets out behind the apartment complex, not killing elk or police.

I would just go to a sporting goods store and buy a beginners bow set deal from there, probably not a compound bow as those require some strength to operate, and then buy a couple bales of hay to put targets on, if the kid takes to it buy them a compound bow later or something

ruger 10/22's are cheap in the states..

the guy lives in seattle, there is tons of bush/woods to drive to and do some shooting in. I mean bow and arrow's were fun for like 5 mins when I was a kid...then I switched to air guns, then real guns.

would have been way better to go right to real guns.

But there have to be decent bow sets from every outdoor store down in the states would there not?