gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I think this will be my next firearm purchase, unfortunately it will have to wait a little while since my tool bill is a bit excessive:

Sig Sauer P226

p226-elite-detail-L.jpg

Sig makes some nice guns. i posted the p238 i got a page back, and it's pretty solid for it's middle of the road price (about 650 i think). Night sights are always a plus too

hey im planning my first handgun purchase since i turned 21 a few months ago.. not sure what to get. i dont really care about self defense because my roomate owns a mossberg which i can use. i dont have much money so i was looking at these cool little .22 pistols that look like glocks, they are made by some austrian company called ISSC. they are only like 260 bucks and the ammo is even cheaper, or should i get a 9mm sigma instead which is also like 250 bucks. i really dont have much money, like 500 tops for gun and ammo and magazines. wish i had more cash but christmas season is stretchin my pockets like spandex on oprahs butt.

hey im planning my first handgun purchase since i turned 21 a few months ago.. not sure what to get. i dont really care about self defense because my roomate owns a mossberg which i can use. i dont have much money so i was looking at these cool little .22 pistols that look like glocks, they are made by some austrian company called ISSC. they are only like 260 bucks and the ammo is even cheaper, or should i get a 9mm sigma instead which is also like 250 bucks. i really dont have much money, like 500 tops for gun and ammo and magazines. wish i had more cash but christmas season is stretchin my pockets like spandex on oprahs butt.

You can get a used Glock 9mm for $300-400. Go ahead and get yourself something you can use to defend yourself AND shoot relatively cheap.

Go in the 9mm caliber handgun for your first, in the states they are cheap as dirt to begin with, not to mention 9mm ammo down there is like way cheap.

Part of getting a gun larger then a .22 is when you fire your gun you want to feel something, managable recoil, flame, and shooting a bullet larger then a booger are all pro's.

If you can only afford .22 now, wait and save, you will feel like a homo when you put 500 rounds through your .22 and you are bored with it. Put 500 down a 9mm or larger caliber and you will have a task in front of you as far as hitting your target's downrange in the head or in center mass.

my girlfriend has shot .50 cal down to .22 and she loves the 9mm. . . this is a small girl. . . so do yourself a favor and start at 9mm or 38spl.

Glock is a great first gun btw.

my 2 c

"My other question is how the "private sales" law works, and how regular transfers at a gun show work.. If the show is in MA and i'm from out of state, do I still have to ship to my states FFL? What if there is a licensed FFL holder from my state at the show?"

in general, if the LONG GUN (rifle, shotgun ) is legal in your place of residence and you are in a neighboring state, you can cash and carry and carry the gun home from a dealer. if you are buying a handgun from a neighboring state, even though said gun is legal in your state, you must have it shipped to an FFL. in theory this applies to all 50 states, however many FFL dealer's consider it a liability to sell outside of a neighboring state due to ATF harassment. remember these are the guys that can shut down an entire business because you didnt cross a T or wrote a 7 instead of a 1.

private sales, that is non dealer to non dealer transfers, are legal as long as the firearm is legal in the state and the sale is INTRAstate, not interstate. each state has its own requirements on private sales as far as record keeping, etc. some states allow semi autos to be sold privately, others require registration and FFL transfers, etc. it is 100% illegal to buy from a private seller in a different state, a firearm, any firearm, and transport it over state lines to your state. this is the most easily targeted offense by under cover ATF at gun shows. believe me, they are there. if anyone tries to sell you a private sale gun that is illegal or will continue the transaction if you show your out of state ID, (if required by law) drop the sale and GTFO, its 99% under cover fed. if you have balls make a scene accusing him of being a fed and report the incident to the LOCAL law enforcement at the show, as the most likely will be. if you have out of state tags at a gun show, you will be targeted. park very far away and dont break the law.

if your licensed FFL from your state is in MA, im not 100% positive, but im pretty sure you can purchase said weapon but you cannot take possession until you are at the brick and mortar store in your home state of said dealer.

haha. yes those are mine and a friends. trap spot. the cat did have food! the little fucker just ate a lot. everyone says that about that flick. as far as the shit goes, the last one was only around for a few days before it was sold. when it was dropped off the homie didn't even know what the fuck it was. I will ask and find out. but none the less, detroit is a pretty good city when it comes to aquiring retarded shit. I use to have a spot that had live grenades on the regular. this was years ago, but still. either way, just wanted to contirbute my little stash.