gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a Browning Hi-Power in 9 mm, It is basically an improved version of the 1911 classic 45.

here in canada its expensive to shoot large caliber ... Ive owned sig's, glocks and ruger but my browning is an excellent shooter and not too expensive.

Shotguns are good fun, and shooting whilst drunk is also amazing. I have a pretty pimpy ruger sr 22 which looks like an ar 15, that is cheap as fuck to shoot and kills piles of small animals.

"dont even worry about anything else. rock river and larue is all you need to know."

What about colt, noveske, knights armament, lmt etc. etc...? larue stuff is great, but i think rock river is pretty much on par with bushmaster, cmmg, and dpms. Not tryin to argue, just sayin.

colt is over priced.

knights is great... their SR-25 is sweet. expensive but nice.

lmt... heard of some problems

i think dpms is fairly junky although i have played around with one of their panther .308's. this was of course before anyone else was making a cheaper 'ar 10.' now i see them as pretty much obsolete junk. you can now get a rock river .308 that takes mags that cost under 10 bucks for cheaper than the dpms that has 50$ mags.

bushmaster is comparable to rock river... but its basically the ford vs chevy debate. honda vs toyota. snap on vs mac. democrat vs republican. same thing.

i will say that dealing with pete @ legal transfers/ar15sales.com makes the deal so much quicker and smoother than if you had to order a bushy. the only way i would get another bushmaster is if it was in a private sale. then i'd choose that over going to a dealer for another rock river. or maybe if a local dealer had a bushy instead of the rock river and i just wanted an AR real bad.

if looking to drop some coin, wait a long time and step up to .308... the larue OBR is awesome.

a real m110 knights is out of reach for most people unless they have super deep pockets.

Colt is slightly over priced, but not that crazy. I think $1,100 isn't crazy for an AR. KAC-now that is closer to being over priced. The SR-15 is like $3,000! That ambi lower is fucking sweet though.

Check this new LMT .308 out. MRP and quick change barrel just like the 5.56 version they've had out for a while. Of course it's not cheap.

http://www.defensereview.com/lmt-308-modular-weapon-system-lm308mwse-monolithic-rail-platform-mrp-semi-auto-7-62mm-nato-tactical-ar-riflecarbine/

is it legit? have u used it or kno some 1 that has?

If you were referring to the site I linked, yes it's legit. I've ordered from them as well as a few of my friends. You can order any of the AR parts directly to your house, except for the lower receivers or complete rifles. They ship fast too!

• 1 month later...

word, didnt even notice that image was a .45, i googled searched it and threw up the first flick.

ya it wasnt the most accurate. but i was also shooting from 60 ft most of the time.. the first clip was at like 35ft but from there on out it was 60. made a few good shots with it though. the shells fly around like a mother fucker, one of them landed smack in my shoe and burned the shit outta me. i shot a glock9 years ago and enjoyed that one much better, im pretty sure it wasnt subcompact though..

that colt took the cake for the day though, that bitch was fun.

I have a Browning Hi-Power in 9 mm, It is basically an improved version of the 1911 classic 45.

its expensive to shoot large caliber ... Ive owned sig's, glocks and ruger but my browning is an excellent shooter and not too expensive.

Shotguns are good fun, and shooting whilst drunk is also amazing. I have a pretty pimpy ruger sr 22 which looks like an ar 15, that is cheap as fuck to shoot and kills piles of small animals.

truth.

^nice, i want to get a 642, it seems like it would fit a front pants pocket pretty nicely. how do you carry it?
i carry mine in my front pocket. i am no marksman by

any means but i can put all five in a 10-12 inch circle at 10-12 yards

that is perfect because a persons chest is a little bigger than that :D

I also have a Romanian WASR-10 AK rifle. I make it eat the dirt cheap Russian ammo, shit is cheaper to shoot than my Glock 17. I bought and installed the Mojo Microclick rear peep sight for it, but the fucker fitted too tight and after each shot it would move upwards a little from the recoil and not come back down. Anyone else heard of this issue? I filed the ears of the sight where it goes into the sight base holes, and it fits better and moves slightly more freely. I am afraid to file off too much material. Have yet to see how it acts at the range.