gun thread

@misteraven no disagreement, but I don't think a home defense weapon should be reaching too far out. I'm not a fan of people in urban areas setting up ARs for home defense...

I'm a believer in round consistency. I stick to the same thing, regardless of what is on sale. It's one thing for a range day when you're really just looking to blast through some rounds, but I like to count on my weapons performing in the exact way I've trained each time. Basically creating predictability when it is called for. 

That isn't to say don't train with a variety of rounds and find what you are looking for, just know what is going to happen with what you're loading. 

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
21 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

@misteraven no disagreement, but I don't think a home defense weapon should be reaching too far out. I'm not a fan of people in urban areas setting up ARs for home defense...

I'm a believer in round consistency. I stick to the same thing, regardless of what is on sale. It's one thing for a range day when you're really just looking to blast through some rounds, but I like to count on my weapons performing in the exact way I've trained each time. Basically creating predictability when it is called for. 

That isn't to say don't train with a variety of rounds and find what you are looking for, just know what is going to happen with what you're loading. 

Fair enough. I was considering it as more of a flexible tool. Home defense as well as sport and hunting. It’s a great fun and has many applications. Might as well not leave it collecting dust waiting for the boogaloo. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

How can you obtain ammo in a time like now?

Shotgun ammo is easier to get than most stuff. You'll need to just hit spots man. Waste of time and money to order online unless its an absolute last resort but if you bought what we discussed you're in okay shape. If you rip through that much ammo cause shits popping off, then you're fucked already.

Take a drive and hit the big box sporting good stores and I'll bet you'll find ammo. Especially the match grade and high end stuff. Saw plenty of ammo at Walmart earlier today so has to be places your way as well. IF not, ask when the next shipment comes in and get there early.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

+1 to this, if I am just dumping rounds at the range its whatever.. and I get putting a bunch through to get used to the weapon and that's totally a good thing to do. But when it comes to defense, train and load a round that you are comfortable with and is predictable.  I also always stick to one round for the magazines that  I use for carry / defense. 

@Dirty_habiTan order that size will last you a long fucking time. The fun of a scattergun wears off incredibly quickly when shooting paper at the range. Unless you are planning on shooting clays or taking some classes, 250 shells is more than enough. 

if you go with the mounted picatinny option for your light, a lot of folk like 1 in diameter FENIX lights with the pressure button for your thumb on the ass of the flashlight. If you get a 1 in dia flashlight you can use a 1 in dia scope mount for your system. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JesusMachine said:

somebody help me pick my first handgun...

debating on:

HK vp9 sk

Sig P365

Sig P320

Need more info... What’s the intended usage? Will it be an EDC?

In reality you should shoot them and choose. You wouldn’t buy a car without seeing how it drives. Same with guns. At least hold and see which feels best in your hand. 

• Truth 1

On 4/15/2020 at 6:00 PM, mr.yuck said:

I would say the P320 would be the most versatile of the 3 pistols. From what I inderstand that firearm is like voltron and can swap out a few different barrels and frames to accommodate various calibers.

yeah that's pretty dope.

• 3 weeks later...