Team Sleep Problems Official Thread.

Prime Chaos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@KILZ FILLZmy FIL was a welder for the shipyard for like 40+ years. He said back in the 80s after partying all night they would climb into these big ass ballast tanks and go to sleep or like 4 or 5 hours at a time, wake up, do a little welding then go home.

My father was a ship fitter for a similar duration. He said that sleeping on the job was one of the few infractions that could get you terminated. To adapt he learned how to sleep standing up, which can be really weird when you are like waiting for a bus or something and realize that the person you are waiting with is standing next to you asleep.

That guy can sleep almost anywhere with no notice and little to no preportaion, just boom, sleeping.

Anybody ever deal with sleep apnea? My wife has been encouraging me to get checked out but I think she is tripping.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

@mortonhaha that’s wild. I think my first reaction to some one sleeping while standing up would be “yo, this guy is dead, probably!”

On the sleep apnea tip, it’s pretty easy to tell if you have it or not because you literally stop breathing while you are asleep and then jerk back to life when you need more air. My dad has it and I apparently have it as well. When my dad got his c-pap machine and used it for the first time, he popped out of bed in the morning doing the can can and said he’s never had sleep that restful in his life. I think my wife was telling me that there is an at home test you can do to let you know how often you quit breathing and for the duration of time you quit breathing. Then the company sends you a c-pap or what ever other machine you need. This way you don’t have to go anywhere to have a sleep study done on you. I’ll be looking into this option soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 4:30 AM, morton said:

Anybody ever deal with sleep apnea? My wife has been encouraging me to get checked out but I think she is tripping.

It runs in my family and a lot of them use CPAP machines at night. If I drink heavy for extended periods I will wake myself up from not breathing and it fucking sucks. At its worst,  I would wake myself at 4am and then as soon as I would fall asleep I would wake myself up gasping for air and repeat that for a few hours until the sun comes up. Sleeping on my side seemed to slightly help.  Definitely had more than a few miserable freaky nights. When I stop drinking for extended periods it seems to go away or become not noticeable.

• Truth 1

I can’t sleep on my back. Guaranteed to wake up every 20 minutes.

I didn’t realize how bad this not sleeping thing was until my phone let me know that my usage was up 70% from the last week. I was clocking like 8 hrs a day on my phone. Five or 6 of them were games in the middle of the night while trying to fall back asleep.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I can’t sleep on my back. Guaranteed to wake up every 20 minutes.

I didn’t realize how bad this not sleeping thing was until my phone let me know that my usage was up 70% from the last week. I was clocking like 8 hrs a day on my phone. Five or 6 of them were games in the middle of the night while trying to fall back asleep.

My shits been up for a while now. Was actually trying to find that screen time thread lol. I don’t play games or watch ig reels and shit like that but I just look at stuff for hours on end like shit I want to buy lol. 

• Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i have terrible sleep at times...one thing i have found recently is that listening to podcasts, and more specifically this story-telling youtube channel i found(w/ the screen facing down so the light doesn't bother me..) really help me drift off to sleep easier. before i know it i am waking up and forgot that i had even been laying there hours ago listening to whatever story i dozed off to.

I do this also. Play audio books from YouTube very quietly throughout the night. My screen time hours are ridiculous….10-12 hours a day because it plays all night.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...