Team Sleep Problems Official Thread.

Prime Chaos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haven't slept more then 45 minutes at a time, since..... december 15th....

been doin that kramer shit, sleeping 45 minutes, up 6-10 hours, sleeping another 45.

it seems anytime, i get a minute over 45 something happens, like a god damn door will slam, waaambulance or cops roll by with sirens, or someone i don't want to call me... calls me.. need to learn to put my phone on silent.

edit- this doesn't apply for when i get wasted, usually then i can sleep at least 3 hours.

i'm a light sleeper because i don't get into my REM sleep.... once i've been sleeping longer then an hour, i'm usually a solid rock and it takes a good amount of noise to wake me up...

but when i'm only 20 minutes into sleeping... and a trail of sirens comes flying down the street, or a door slams (people in this house slam doors so much, and hulk slam them all the time it's fucking annoying)... i get woken up easy, and it's always that... wake up.. and you know you're not going to be able to fall back a sleep wide awake feeling.

i fucking hate that feeling, it's been happening to me everyday... i'll be tired as a mother fucker... go to sleep... bam... hour and a half later.. i roll over.. and wham bam wide awake. :angry:

i don't wanna wake up much easier!

but, i can co-sign some of that... i feel that i get some of the best sleep when it's like 3-7 p.m.. and everyone in the apartment is moving around, cooking, coming home from work etc... and i leave my door open and just lay down with whatever i have on and try to sleep... i end up falling asleep... waking up to the occasional door slam, but fall right back asleep for another couple hours...

edit- 7,000 posts, whooopty fahkin doo.

sleep is harder with poison oak

been hell since the new year. fucking great luck i have getting that shit first day 2011. thought it was gonna be a good year. just off to a bad start i s'pose. first night not a drop of sleep. on and off lightly napping once the suns up. second night fucking treacherously worse. third night, little better. fuck i dont even know what day it is.

i don't wanna wake up much easier!

but, i can co-sign some of that... i feel that i get some of the best sleep when it's like 3-7 p.m.. and everyone in the apartment is moving around, cooking, coming home from work etc... and i leave my door open and just lay down with whatever i have on and try to sleep... i end up falling asleep... waking up to the occasional door slam, but fall right back asleep for another couple hours...

edit- 7,000 posts, whooopty fahkin doo.

i use that trick for when i'm goin to bed at 5, and i got class at 9. not good for trying to get them 13 hours of beauty sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe this should be in team recovering alpo, i don't know. i haven't slept more than 3 hours consecutive in the the last 4 days. i'm trying to quit drinking but that has always been my excuse. " i can't sleep unless i pass out"

self fulfilling prophesy?

i've got past crank, crack, pills, weed but can't seem to get past drinking because i can't sleep

rageguy.gif

*edit. i am going to start drawing. haven't done that in a while. if i am going to have to learn all over again, may as well start there.

what if you replaced booze for weed? a bowl or two before you went to bed

not an option. i am on probation and subject to random testing. besides that, weed makes me even more anxious than normal. i used to be able to smoke down like a rapper but not so much any more. meh. insomnia.

and it could always be worse. i could be having to go get a colonoscopy tomorrow. i feel for you brother. hope it works out /nh

• Like 1

it's crazy how far cancer treatment has come.

my dad, step dad and mom have all beat colon cancer.

my step dad and brother beat lung cancer.

my mom has skin cancer but all that means is that she has to get them cut off every few years

my brother in law and a sister in law had cancer in their lymph nodes and lived.

i'll send a savabrotha to the universe for you. peace.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

bump.

so, i work all night. 11p-7a on weekends. i work with teenagers at kind of a mental facility and they're all asleep.

while that means i should be using this internetting time to find a new job... i spend most of it on facebook, or world of warcraft (not anymore, got bored with it), or netflix instant... or 12oz.

i'm thinking about getting into 4chan and reddit, but i'm worried my social skills will decay even further and i'll turn into the lawnmower man.

any suggestions how to waste time? or normal, decent paying jobs a sociology major could get?

any other dumb websites i can chat with people on?

i'm fucking bored and had a few drinks before work so i'm trying not to crash.