Ever been ripped off on Ebay?

bahleediddy

As in, item not sent, item not what described, item broke, etc...

As of yet I haven't. Well, I kind of sporatically bought a camera with out giving it much research, not asking the seller questions, etc. The listing didn't have the brand name of the camera(it could have been only 1 of 3 brands) and it went for a ridiculously low price. The photo's weren't website stock photo's though. hmmm....

Well if you have, is it difficult to get your money back, talk to ebay, return the item?

I'm gonna be super psyched if this works out, but hella bummed if I just got scammed.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My friend's brother didn't really do his homework. Bought a BMW off of Ebay from some Russian dude claiming to be in the military for 30 grand. The dude said he was away from home so often because of his job that he never used it and just kept it in one of those big shipping containers. They emailed back and forth a little before the auction ended, my friend's brother wired 30 grand through Paypal and never saw the car. Whoops.

the closest i got to getting jacked was for a "scarface framed poster with cohiba cigar" think trick daddy cribs.

it arrived in a week but the cigar was damaged the wrapper was peeling and the cigar came off the mount. emailed them and they sent me a brand new a week later.

never asked to send the new one back.

so i got 2. all i had to do was cut the backing insert a new cigar.

sweet.

MAN I just had an adventure from ebay...

So i sold a cell on there to guy in canada and he kept telling me the payment wouldn't go through he said it would say seller cannot receive payments .. I was thinking he wanted out of it. So i called and they said noting is wrong with my account so i told him he said it still wasn't working and i said he should call about his account, he did. He said it was on our end so We called back and they said no it was his blah blah blah....

Well right after we noticed the payment went to an old paypal email account that had been close like a year ago and wasn't even on ebay!!!!!! Lady said that happens every now and then..

got my payment

Yeah I bought a track bike once.

Everything was what it should have been except for the hubs.

Nice but not up to par.

Bikes are always a gamble though. Even when you do homeworks.

Now I keep it to Craigs List so I can go see the item. And if you know

your shit you can end up paying less not bidding for more. Cash in hand

is tough for people to pass up.

I just bought some shit on ebay...everything is looking good so far.

And hopefully it will stay that way.

But yeah i've been buying shit on ebay for a long ass time and haven't had any problems yet. Just always nervous after i send the money until i get my item haha

i've been dicked a couple of times on LPs which turn out to be bootlegs and not the original as described - the glory of heavy metal is the bootleg usually ends up being worth 10x more than the original a few years later.

paypal works in favour of the buyer most of the time, think you only have about 40 days to lodge the claim tho.

had a bonehead buy LPs from me once and falsely claim they never arrived then try to get his money back, thing is he was stupid enough to blab about it in a pub and word got back to me (cheers to the melbourne metalions!), came to a friendly settlement, drop the claim or i'll drop him down a flight of stairs...streethrashin justice ftw.

My friend's brother didn't really do his homework. Bought a BMW off of Ebay from some Russian dude claiming to be in the military for 30 grand. The dude said he was away from home so often because of his job that he never used it and just kept it in one of those big shipping containers. They emailed back and forth a little before the auction ended, my friend's brother wired 30 grand through Paypal and never saw the car. Whoops.

Wow, just wow. I could never buy a car that I have never seen in person. Once I bought a used motor on Ebay and never got it. Had to involve the authorities in the city where it was located. Got the Paypal buyer protection money back. Then about a year later I got the rest of the money back from the seller. The seller had someone else in charge of his Ebay account and the person he had in charge of it was some criminal scumbag. Or so he told me. Either way, I will never buy another motor from an independent seller unless I plan on picking it up.

I buy shit off Ebay every once in awhile, no problems. I bought my old Explorer off there even, but I went and picked that up in person.

The one issue I've ever had was someone hacking my Paypal account and buying some $100 T-Mobile cards with it, but I got the money back from that pretty quickly

ebay is scam city!!! you cant trust those fucks. cameras or any sort of electronics should be bought at a store where you know shit is real and you get a warranty. you cant be a jew when it comes to buying electronics and so forth cause you'll get burnt.

fuck buying old krylon cans off of ebay...i bought 6 cans of chrome yellow some prick sent me 2 full cans and the rest were like half empty.

FUCK EBAY

ps i feel sorry for the chumps who buy shoes off of ebay, might aswell go to chinatown and scoop some up.