anthony bourdain appreciation thread

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bourdain is my hero.

one of my single biggest inspirations as a chef, not necessarily food style/ethic, but as far as attitude towards the industry and where you can go/what you can do with it.

much love.

check out his book "the nasty bits." it came out last year, awesome read, i think even if you've never worked in kitchens you'd appreciate his writing style and stories. some of it is of course wholly esoteric and only cooks are laughing.

as far as him being a dick

i met him once. he is. but every chef worth a shit is...

i didn't think it was an out-of-line dickheadery. just that of a guy who knows exactly how shit should be done.

i just missed out on getting tickets to a cbc radio inteview with him for 'the nasty bits'.

actually, i found it, and you can listen to it here: http://www.cbc.ca/bc/bookclub/anthonybourdain.html

*hahaha, On writing books: "Its just like talking shit, but I write it down!"

i'd come off like a dick to people wo dont me, cause im fucking rad.

exactly. dude is rad and so am i. and thats exactly why i dont get offended when people are like that too. its just something that i think is standard in the industry. people dont have time for bullshit. if you dont have a tough skin you'll get chewed up and spit out.

I like Alton Brown he rides a beemer...

24971IMG_6044A.jpg

Food Channel fans already know who Alton Brown is, and will be pleased to know the Mister Wizard of food returns to the open road aboard a BMW motorcycle in search of America's best roads and road food in a second installment of Feasting on Asphalt.