check out some melburn threads

cheers

also let me know about this etch stuff

it eats glass does it???

how does it come in a spray can?

can you mix into them???

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

if you want to modify a marker then just use up whats in it or dump it out, whatever you decide. then go out and buy some ink like marsh or something, preferrably one that streaks well. fill up the marker and give' er shit. the best way to figure it out is to experiment. but stay away from etch bath, that shit is gay. if you want your shit to stay up then keep up with the buff. etch is dangerous and a waste of time, some kids make etch with amonia which could kill them if they breath it in. its not worth getting injured when you can just not be a pussy and stay up.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Thanks.. but how would I got about "flaring" the tip of the pilot? You say experiment but I don't even know what to try, and I don't have cash to replace it if I fuck it up.

Chumbawumba.

aight, here's the deal. personally, i like a brand new pilot with the nib super sharp, and flairing works great mainly for paint pens and pens where you can push the nib down to get more ink. but all you have to do to flare the tip is a) use it anywhere and everywhere for a few days until the thing naturally starts to wear and tear or B) scrape it across some cement or sandpaper.

Oh.. thats what I had to do with my Pentel 100w to break it in.. I didn't know it was called flaring the tip, though. Thanks alot man you've been nothing but a big help since I came here. I appreciate it alot. This should be the end of my questions for a while, but if anything comes up I'll be sure to PM you, homie. Anyways you got aim or something? We'll bullshit for a little while. Thanks alot again.

Chumbawumba.

Originally posted by Exmo

if you use magnum 44's

when it runs out of ink

get a drill and drill a small hole in the bottom of the marker. fill it with your favorite ink or mixture homeade ink

then silicon the little hole.

works perfect.

or use a pilot and save yourself the trouble...

seriously, ditch the magnum and get a pilot, you'll be happier.:crazy:

for a tiny mop that u can palm...

-if you got a pilot jumbo, unscrew it and take out that drip-stoppin' cotton

-next, take out the plastic shotgun shell-like tube

-now fill the tube 3 quarters wit your favorite ink and make a nib (sock or eraser)

-finally, look around the house for a suitable cap (i used the cap from a zig gluepen). don't worry if the cap is too big, u can wrap masking tape around the tube until the cap fits.

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400497529_002P.jpg'> http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400497529_001P.jpg'>

aight i got some shit the other day from an abandoned house down my block....60's&70's car paint man that shit is beutiful... crazy metalic blues,two real decent silvers, and a school bus yellow...problem is the lables were all fucked up and i cant find out what ta mix the shit w/ ta thin it out...someone save me the trouble of havin ta go ta some damn car store ta find out...i dont wanna waste any by expermentin cause i only got a little bit of all of them...shit looks like liquid gold tho....if i can figger it out ill post a flik so yall can watch me drippp...

ok i have a kiwi mop and i usually just put griffin ink in it, but what are yall talkin about take the pressure reliever thing out of it to make it drippy? cuz i dont see that and also how do u makeur own colors since

im gonna be putting griffin ink in there how do u make different colors and what do you all think if i put syrup in there and mix it with the griffin ink? make my tags more drippy and man the only that sucks with mops is that the foam part tears easily i hate it ,....................... fuck pilots and woodcrafts and all that shit all about the shoe polisher... u could easily order some tyte ass streakin markers from bombingscience.com

take off the nib on the kiwi and look on the plastic part of it, there should be a little green thing, that's the pressure regulator. with your thumb, press down on the spongey part of the nib and pull off the green part.

personally though, i keep it on. when you take it off it makes the kiwi alot easier to leak in your pockets, and you can still get drips with the thing in there.

marker

alrite so i tried making my own marker, i emptied out a chapstick container, waxed the bottom so it wouldnt leak, filled it up about 3/4ths of the way and then got an eraser for dry-erase blackboards cut out a piece for the nib, so i tried writing with it and the ink doesnt flow out too well at all and im trying to get really drippy tags but i dont really know what to do so if one of u guys did this before any help would b great. peace

Okay, I am going to help you kids out, because I'm just that type a guy.

Washable/Lavable

WINDOW

CHALK

its made by some company called CHUNKIE

It's white, and the cap is the color of the window paint.

Thats the shit for markers. Nice size line, durable nib. You push on it for drips, ease the pressure for a clean round line. The cap is screw on, so it's leak-safe. Perfect for etch, durable casing.

I've found it in K-Mart, Staples, and I'm sure most grocery stores have it, especially around Jul. 4th.

:king:

• 2 weeks later...

making a pilot drip....

what up?..i jus racked a box of pilot markers from work...i keeo hearing good things about them because they are refilable..etc...but to me they arent anbything more then a refillable magnum or any other fat marker....so im wonderin ...any one have any tips to make it drip??im guessing adding a mor watery ink would help..but anything else?..i was thinking maybee slicing up the nib.............

first off..the almighty pilot puts most other markers (especially magnums) to shame just in the fact that the ink is very permanent. Now if you are wanting to make one drip this is how I would go about the situation. take a small pen and stick it throught he center of the nib all the way into the ink reservior. take this pen and move it around a bit to make a small hole in the nib. Then I would over fill the pilot with more ink...but not too much or it will just end up making a big mess. with this small "drip tube" and an over abundence of ink you should be able to get some drips and ctrol them a bit depending on the amount of pressure you use when you do your handstyles.

<3,

Zack Morris