MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

any one lookin to make a chapstic marker, its seems to small to put ink and a nib in it, so this is what i did, i took crayons all the same colors, and a couple pastels same colors as the crayons and melted them in a pot, then put em in the chapstic container, cooled it off, It made kind of a less potent meanstreak, it worked good for me on smooth cement woood and plastic,

I tried to make a chapstick mop, It was a bitch to seal the bottom since its so small so I tried to wrap some tape around it instead but the fucker dripped all over my pants. I didn't have a problem with the nib, though. What you made sounds pretty interesting. Try a buff test on it and see how permanent it is.

I've thought of that before, although crayon's probably wouldn't be that great since they're wax based. Pastels and oil bars would be good though; and you could try melting a little off a streak into the chapstick and see how it is.

A chapstick mop is about discreet as it gets... even smaller than those mini OTR's.

i just made 2 chapstick mops yesterday along with 4 deodorant and 1 bic pen mop.i didnt have any problems with any of them although i have no ink:mad: i just dripped the wax from a candle into the bottom and scraped it off the sides...i put water in it to test if its leak proof and no water came out at all

i tryed the chaptic streak i made on those cement parking bumps at my six eleven (to cheap to call it 711) and it lasted threw the snow and a week, but i suspect that it will be hard to scrub off cement by hand but will easily be sand blasted off, it worked good on rusty metal and ruff metal.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

yeah.... anyway back to the inks and all that jive shit....

krink: what makes it so permanent? i know for a fact it's not just oil based bucket paint and mineral spirits.. tried it. i was talking to the art teacher and the only thing he could think of to make it more permanent would be linseed oil. any thoughts? i know yall are all wbout keeping your shit to yourselves and everything, but help a brother out. <3.

the whole deal with krink is that its supposed to be blindingly silver.....or at least thats what I was told.

Originally posted by ARCEL

i dont think griffin and feiblings work with felt tips

i think you just have to add equal parts of a real thin ink to bring it to a workable consistancy. i added some griffen to OTR dirtyflowpen ink with some gv and its mad drippy.

in other news, i just cooked up some nice purple for one of my broad-tip uni's. the problem is now the nib. its an old one that has had paint-ink of a different consistancy and color running through it which now is keeping my ink from flowing proper. anyone know of a way to get uni replacement nibs or another nib compatible with the broad uni's?

any help given will not be forgotten.

HOLY CRAP!

U KNOW WHAT IS SO COOL!!!

my friend dipped his head in black paint and he tagged the wall with his fro!!! WHOA!!!

I'm just kidding... hella bored over here...

is it just me or is magnum ink corrosive? I removed the nib and left it in a plastic cup overnight... in the morning the cup had a hole in it and it was sticky and black...

Magnums the fat markers...:)

What's a sure way to seal the bottom to the chapstick mops?

Anyway, I made a kiwi with an eraser nib, and once I tried to put the nib in like an upside down U, and it ended up getting pushed into the mop and I couldn't get it out.

The second time I put it in like a U, and The same thing started to happen. Should I just glue the nib in and then pry it off when I want to refill it? I even put a second strip of eraser inside the U shape, and same thing, except this time it was too thick and the krink wouldn't flow well. I need to know my mop is going to be there for me. Help me.

I have never tried to put an eraser nib in a griffin bottle or a kiwi bottle. I like to stick to what I know works so I won't be wasting my time. Old Spice Classic Stick Deodorant works, as does Arrid XX Roll On Deodorant. I no doubt about it prefer Arrid XX over Old Spice because you can't squeeze Old Spice but you still get some drips. Griffin bottles might work, they are easily squeezable, but the cap would definitley not fit over the nib, its way too small. As for sealing the chapstick mop, use anything that is a glue or bond of some sort, just give it the time it needs to dry and don't rush it. Your best bet is to go to the pharmacy and get some Arrid XX Roll On Deodorant.