MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

What's a sure way to seal the bottom to the chapstick mops?

SILICONE which can be found in autozone and other fine stores. but some formulas hours to dry. So look for a fast drying mixture. just make sure u dont twist the bottom of the chapstik :dazed:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

These are on Artprimo.. anyone ever used one? Are they like a streak?

Item Description -

Box of 12 Markal Lumber Crayons

Will mark on rough and smooth surfaces. Lead-Free. Weather-resistant, fade-resistant marks. Use on cardboard, ceramics, concrete, lumber, metal, paper, plastic, and rubber. A Quality American Made Product. These retail for $9 each and are hard to find these days.

Markal Lumber Crayon

Originally posted by ODS-1

What's a sure way to seal the bottom to the chapstick mops?

Anyway, I made a kiwi with an eraser nib, and once I tried to put the nib in like an upside down U, and it ended up getting pushed into the mop and I couldn't get it out.

The second time I put it in like a U, and The same thing started to happen. Should I just glue the nib in and then pry it off when I want to refill it? I even put a second strip of eraser inside the U shape, and same thing, except this time it was too thick and the krink wouldn't flow well. I need to know my mop is going to be there for me. Help me.

1.) Chapstick Marker:

-you can use pretty much anything that will solidify to seal off the bottom of the chapstick. The easiest is candle wax, but it cracks / comes loose from the bottom of the container very easily. You can use plain white-glue too, that seems to work for me. In any case, put a strip of electrical or duct tape around the little rotating bit on the bottom of the chapstick to stop it from turning. More often that not, that's what causes them to leak - that little bit will get rubbed and turn, causing the wax or glue on the inside to break away from the base, and leak all over your pocket.

2.) Eraser Nibs:

- Same thing happened to me a few times. I ended up racking a few tubes of super-glue / crazy-glue, and it seemed to solve my problems. Just put a bit of glue around the inside of the opening to the mop, then fold the strip of eraser as usual and stick it in.. give it some time to dry though before you use it. Only problem is, once you do this, good luck refilling that mop ever again. I use bingo-dabbers and cheap shit like that to make my mops, so it's no problem to toss em out and go get more. If you're using a mop that you want to reuse later, condiser finding some other material for the nib.

my otr flowpen doesn't drip, anybody know why? I suppose it takes a while for the nib to get all juicy but i already went through all of the original ink and still no drips. Everyone i talked to doesnt know why either...so my last resort, 12oz, help!

if i'm not gonna get drips, i'll just get me a kiwi mop, is it really as simple as just replacing the shoe polish with any ink? the nib looks like it will tear if used on anything thats not perfectly smooth tho, so do i just put a chalkboard eraser in?

Re: refilling pilots

Originally posted by FightTheBuff

do i need to wait until my pilot runs out to add shit like griffin into it?

i dont see why, just add it in...the inks should mix and keep refilling it now and then, eventually there will be no pilot ink left!

Originally posted by far...

my otr flowpen doesn't drip, anybody know why? I suppose it takes a while for the nib to get all juicy but i already went through all of the original ink and still no drips. Everyone i talked to doesnt know why either...so my last resort, 12oz, help!

if i'm not gonna get drips, i'll just get me a kiwi mop, is it really as simple as just replacing the shoe polish with any ink? the nib looks like it will tear if used on anything thats not perfectly smooth tho, so do i just put a chalkboard eraser in?

You have to use the pump system.. you can't write on the surface gently and expect drips. You have to squeeze it really hard and press down on the nib.. swinging it in a sock to juice the nib up works, too. A combination of both would be killer.

Originally posted by GAZT

uh.....one question.....

how do you flare tips? Specifically, I'd like to give my pilot and magnum some flarage. And I mean flared to the max, but without completely destroying the marker. Thanks.

the best flares come from heavy usage. go write on something.

and flaring a tip gives it a wider, yet generally less-crisp look.

Originally posted by destroya

the best flares come from heavy usage. go write on something.

and flaring a tip gives it a wider, yet generally less-crisp look.

Would it help if I made small slices with an exacto or something on the end to give the tip a more loose motion?

Originally posted by ODS-1

Will someone explain to me what flaring a nib does? Yeah I would like to know how to do it too but once after I've learned what it does for the marker.

ODS... its no big deal but im starting to wonder... how long have you been writing?

i have some etch questions, but i dont want to post them for everyone to see.. anyone with a decent amount of knowledge please reply and i will private message you.... Please save me the lecture on it, i know the risks and all that

Originally posted by GAZT

Would it help if I made small slices with an exacto or something on the end to give the tip a more loose motion?

You can do that, but be careful. If you cut too deep on some markers, ink just spills out of it. Just flare it out with your finger(nail) before you use it for the first time (so that you don't get ink all over your fingers).

Originally posted by chumbawumba

These are on Artprimo.. anyone ever used one? Are they like a streak?

Item Description -

Box of 12 Markal Lumber Crayons

Will mark on rough and smooth surfaces. Lead-Free. Weather-resistant, fade-resistant marks. Use on cardboard, ceramics, concrete, lumber, metal, paper, plastic, and rubber. A Quality American Made Product. These retail for $9 each and are hard to find these days.

Markal Lumber Crayon

they're just big crayons cept they got chalk in them to make them harder then regular crayola ones, the only good kind ive ever found are at home depot from straight line all the other brands are too hard to read and come off with just water

Fingernail? Xacto knives? Just use a fucking pin and poke the shit out of it. I am pretty much done with this thread, I can't stand the retards.

Fuck you man. Fuck you. I'm sick of people pissing and moaning about stupid shit like this. No one asked you specifically to answer any of these questions in the first place so don't act like you have a responsibility to, you self endowed bastard. Good thing you're done with this thread, you don't have to fill it with even more posts about how you hate it when people ask the same questions over and over again. Its a pretty equal number of repeated questions and people bithcing about repeated questions. Once again, no one asked you specifically to answer these. And I am not a retard, you self righteous bastard.

People wouldn't "piss and moan" if people like you weren't too lazy to flip back a few pages and see if your question has already been answered.

Just because I'm asking for an alternative to nib poking doesn't make me a retard. You can't depend on people to always do everything the right way. You know yourself that no one wants to sift through 18 pages of garbage to get one question answered. I guess you pretty much ignored the rest of my post, don't act like its your responsibility to asnwer these questions. And besides, I must have poked that fucker 5,000 times, and theres barely any noticable difference. I am lazy. Fucking deal with it.

People wouldn't "piss and moan" if people like you weren't too lazy to flip back a few pages and see if your question has already been answered.

Just because I'm asking for an alternative to nib poking doesn't make me a retard. You can't depend on people to always do everything the right way. You know yourself that no one wants to sift through 18 pages of garbage to get one question answered. I guess you pretty much ignored the rest of my post, don't act like its your responsibility to asnwer these questions. And besides, I must have poked that fucker 5,000 times, and theres barely any noticable difference. I am lazy. Fucking deal with it.

today i decided to make a mop out of this deoderant thing ive had for a while..its not finished yet, i havent put the ink in and im gonna glue the nib to the inside of the mop just to make sure it doesnt fall out when i take the lid off again...anyway, any help on how i can improve it would be appreciated...or even telling me where i went wrong..

1.) Heres the deoderant thing i started with HERE

2.) I took an empty bean can and a candle HERE

3.) Heated it up until it was all melted HERE

4.) I put the deoderant container in the can (so the wax would dry around the bottom) HERE

5.) Then i realised there was a hole at the bottom so i superglued a bit of tissue over the hole HERE

6.) Then i put a little bit of wax over the hole from the inside (just to be safe) HERE

7.) Then gave it a taping around the bottom HERE

8.) Cut up bits of sock for the inside and to cover the nib HERE

9.) Folded a strip of board wiper in half for the nib HERE

10.) wrapped the square peice of sock around the nib HERE

11.) Jammed the filler sock inside (not too tight) and put the nib in HERE

12.) The final product alongside my black corio mix HERE

I turned my Pentel Shotie into the a pretty tight marker.

I had an old white uni paint, which was empty, so I took the nib out with a pair of latex gloves.

I took the nib out of the pentel (That thing was like tagging with a white out pen!!!), then I put the uni paint white nib and shoved it in there nice and tight. It works like a dream. It's not the paint in the shorties that's shitty it's that the nib is so thin it doesn't do the paint justice.