MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Re: UR WELCOME

Originally posted by Swtchn'style

In my opinion the best "staining" ink, is the NERO (250 ml)-black ink- This legendary ink is now available on Bombing Science. An Italian ink formula that is famous for being really staining and permanent. Refills about 5 markers. (works best with Pilot, OTR, and Magnum)

I wasn't aware that Magnums can be refilled...besides it comes with xylene, and that shit just made me not wanna mess with that marker anymore

Does this happen to anyone else - whenever I make kiwi mops and write with it I get a streaky line. You can see the brush marks in the line. How do I juice the nib up more? I have tried removing the pressure regulator and I got the same thing, I don't want to squeeze and make it drip I just want a solid line.

anyone have experience with Zig Glue Markers...obviously i empty them and refill 'em but i was wondering if anyone has the problem where the sides of your handstyles are mad opaque but the center of each letter is not at all. it seems to be the same design as a normal Zig, but its smaller. and they just dont seem to work as well....maybe its just my mixtures?

Originally posted by macksimum

anyone have experience with Zig Glue Markers...obviously i empty them and refill 'em but i was wondering if anyone has the problem where the sides of your handstyles are mad opaque but the center of each letter is not at all. it seems to be the same design as a normal Zig, but its smaller. and they just dont seem to work as well....maybe its just my mixtures?

that's exactly what i'm using now, and they're working fine. i have one with a flared nib and one without, both with a mixture of otr flowpen ink and nero d'inferno. did you by any chance get glue on the nib? somehow dent the nib? that can be done by flipping the nib over and pressing it down, then returning it to it's normal position, or trying to use the bottom of the nib to write with. if those aren't apparently the cause, what ink are you using?

on a similar note, is it me, or are the nibs made of a different material? it seems to me that the normal zigs are cloth-like, while the zig glue pens are more like plastic...

Originally posted by destroya

that's exactly what i'm using now, and they're working fine. i have one with a flared nib and one without, both with a mixture of otr flowpen ink and nero d'inferno. did you by any chance get glue on the nib? somehow dent the nib? that can be done by flipping the nib over and pressing it down, then returning it to it's normal position, or trying to use the bottom of the nib to write with. if those aren't apparently the cause, what ink are you using?on a similar note, is it me, or are the nibs made of a different material? it seems to me that the normal zigs are cloth-like, while the zig glue pens are more like plastic...

definitely didnt get any glue in the nib and i didnt bend it. right now im using a some blue rustoe paint thinned with mineral spirits, a little brake fluid and some other secret ingredients. ive used the mixture before and its worked in mops/other, bigger zigs...and the last time i had this problem was using krink...which shouldnt pose a problem seeing as how ive come pretty close to perfecting this recipe (it IS an easy one).

as for the nib, i do aggree with the point you made about them feeling different. they seem harder, more condensed then the normal zigs...

ok im pretty new to this board..

im deffinitly inexperienced with marker mods but... i took a bingo dabber and filled that shit up with indian ink, bleach, peroxide and dish soap... along with some bingo paint adn im gettin like 3 foot drips...

i have one question though what the fuck is a mop...

kiwi wass easy to figure out... ( i love those things)

anyone have an info on how to fill pilot jumbo markers.. i got one of these bad boys today and im looking for paint and ink recipies that might go in them.. i was also thinking of cutting the tip in half ( the long way) to make it thin and the thick , i don't want to fuck up my new toy if it's not gonna do anything for it.. so if anyone has tried this let me know. i wann know how it works out.. ..

I can't believe I am really explaining how to make a mop out of a roll on container....common sense alone explains it.

Anyhow, get the type of roll on container that has the ring that holds the ball. pop off the ring and the ball will come off too...you can't just use any roll on container....25 years ago, when I started making them, roll on containers were all glass and the ball was held on with a plastic ring that fit at the top of the container....now everything is plastic so most of them do not have that detachable ring....except the Arrid xx, it is a blue container.

So, after you take the ring and the ball off...pour out the deodorant rinse the container and dry it well. Get a chalk board eraser and tear off a strip of the felt, most erasers have 6 strips. Take the strip and fold it in half and put it in where the ball used to be...put it in after you fill your container up with real ink, not griffin but Marsh or Garvey, etc.; fill it a little more than 2 thirds, that way your ink will not flood out when you are putting in your eraser. The wider eraser the better.

Below is the best eraser for making mops.

The first one is good for fat mops and the second one is good for regular size mops, it is also good for griffin containers, take off that bull shit foam rubber nib and fold an eraser strip in half and put it in where the nib goes.

http://image.misterart.com/grouppix/528x352/7000/g7898.jpg'>

http://image.misterart.com/grouppix/528x352/2000/g2500.jpg'>

deoderant marker

when I made this I was like OH SHIT!! IT WORKS!!! haha but yeah... this is most likely... old news but yeah, I made one of those deoderant markers... took sum werk but I did it...

uhh I got one of those gel deoderants... with all the lil holes at the top, not a stick... and I used an exacto to connect all the lil holes to make 1 big square... then I emptied and cleaned out the whole deoderant casing...

next I got a chalkboard erasser... (not expo) and I cut it to fit the top, and short anuff to put the lid of the deoderant back on...

so now, I just pull out the eraser to fill it up wit my homemade ink... superstaining... and just put it back in and there's my marker...

tested in bathroom @ skool... it makes like about 2.5-3 inch line... and when people saw me with it, noone knew it was a marker... they just thought it was deoderant!

I was jumpin for joy... but yeah, dont get caught with it... Old news I'm guessin... *sigh* oh well...

for my ink I emptied out a lotta liquid sharpies... (didnt buy em) and then uhh... i think it was methylene blue from the chem lab... and then uhh dot 3 brake fluid I think... (the staining 1) and uhh... OH my dad's mustache dye HAHAHA and uhh sum o the shoepolish stuff for shininess... anddddd... damn guys I just put hella shit in it...

OH WELL... class gonna start soon. latez all... I'll post pix when I can

latez all:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like mixing inks and all, but it is really not worth it unless you know the outcome will be good. If you know that the mix is good, and it will not be total shit then go for it. If you dont know, it isnt worth the risk. Get some Marsh or Garvey, they are both better then any ink mix anyone can make and you know you can trust them.