MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

marker mix

Here is a mix that works well on all surfaces, especially the plastic laminate that city rail uses to make the insides of train carraiges, here goes:

Ingredients:

Mecurochrome : That red stuff that your mum used to put on your knees when you fell over and grazed them. Its an antiseptic and can be found in chemists.

Iodine: Similar as above although yellow in colour, dries purple. Antiseptic and can be obtained from chemists.

Raven Oil: Can be bought in a variety of colours from shoe repair stores, including black and blue.

Ink Pad Ink: Found in stationary stores, purple, blue, black or red in colour.

Terebine or Ethanol: Terebine is a form of liquid driers, originally made by combining linseed oil and natural resin with salts of lead and manganese and thinning with turpentine used in the production of paint, harder to obtain than ethanol. Ethanol is pure alcohol and can be found in most hardware stores.

Method:

Mix the above ingredients in roughly the following ratios;

Mecurochrome - 10%: This will give the mix a glossy, metallic finish and is a very strong stainer.

Iodine - 10%: This will also add to the gloss of the mix and is also a very strong stainer.

Raven Oil - 40%: Very watery although the strongest stainer of the mix.

Ink Pad Ink - 35%: This will give colour to the mix and will also stain a bit.

Terebine or Ethanol - 5% (vary according to the consistency of the mix, less for a thicker mix, more for a mix that will drip like hell): These are very watery chemicals that evaporate and allow the mix to dry, not absolutely necessarry but if you can get a hold of some i would throw it in.

Colour: The iodine and mecurochrome will not affect the colour too much, choose the appropriately coloured ink pad ink and raven oil to suit the colour that you want.

So there you have it.

Re: marker mix

Originally posted by sydneywriter

Mecurochrome : That red stuff that your mum used to put on your knees when you fell over and grazed them. Its an antiseptic and can be found in chemists.

How exactly would I get that out of the chemist? does he need a degree or can it be just any at-home-chemist?

no, really, is there a substitute I can get in the US for this?

or can it just go without?

what is the active Ingredient in it?

Re: Re: marker mix

Originally posted by satrdae

How exactly would I get that out of the chemist? does he need a degree or can it be just any at-home-chemist?

no, really, is there a substitute I can get in the US for this?

or can it just go without?

what is the active Ingredient in it?

you can buy it online, search for it on google

hydrofluoric acid

personally i wouldnt go near hydrofluoric acid or anything that contained it, read the link

http://www.safetyline.wa.gov.au/pagebin/in...njrsign0079.htm

as far as glass damagers go, i recommend getting your hands on a spark plug and putting it in a vice or something to snap it and expose the sharp porcelain edge, then use it to scratch glass surfaces. its not toxic like that other shit either.

HOW TO USE BRAKE FLUID:

1. open up brake fluid container.

2. pour brake fluid out of container and into mop.

3. presto!

WHAT BRAKE FLUID DOES:

1. eats away at paint that is already on the wall.

2. leaves ghost lines.

3. discolors ink/paint a little, but makes it stronger/more staining.

hrm sup ya'll.... this is my first post:loopy2: yeah so i decided to experiment with a bunch of shit i found under my sink... i mixed marsh with bug spray and brass polish.. haha dont ask me why i just decided to try something new.. it doesn't look all that bad i put it in a mop and took it out on an adventure... im trying to think of some new ideas to make ink with... anybody have any ideas?