Anti Depressants

AyeBee

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

learn from your mistakes in this relationship. didn't you post something about how much you loved your girl, and how much you wanted to fuck some other chick? right there is a start --notice your wrong. you can't change the past, so you just need to do what you gotta do to set up the future. trust me, you'll deal with shit like this again, but if you can get through it --you'll be stronger next time. it's tough man, i've been there. broken relationships, broken engagements, shit fucks with your head. you just have to tell yourself that you are an individual, and focus on who you are. there are other woman out there, and if you can better yourself, you'll most likely meet a better woman.

I was a dick alot of times to my girl, but the hardest thing to egt over this shit is I'm the one who ended it

I brojke up withher because all i gave a fuck about was gettin fucke up everynight, and writin gon shit that didn't belong to me, rather than talking on the phone with her when she "needed" to tajk....after w ebroke up she'd call me evryday for like a month, and I' djust tell her "Nah, I'm good, I'm all set" because I figured when I wanetd her back she'd be ther elike she always had been before

After about a month I staretd callin again, she wa sdbein weir,d wouldn't take me back. 2 Months later I find out she's with new dude and thats why...I beat up new dude, beat up his boiys, mad wild shit happened, the last 3 months have been spent on and off hanign out with her and tryin to get her to lkeave new dude who she admits she doesnt love, but doesn't wanna be back with me, even though she still talks all kinds of sdhit about wanting to marry me and have kiud siwht me some dayt. Now for the last 2 weeks she won't even tlak to me, answer the phone, nthing

I think i should stop taling about this on heree, shit make sme loo like an ill emo faggot

Wor dto my foot, "Bitches Is Crazy"

just some info to help prove your point wrong.

If a drinker has never experienced alcohol problems, he or she will tend to not have symptoms of depression. Research indicates that people who experienced alcohol problems both before and after age 60 have the highest rates of depression. It has also been suggested that the existence of earlier alcohol problems (around ages 20 and 40) predicts depression in later life. (Reifman & Welte, 2001)

Effect on Cortisol: Alcohol slows down and relaxes (“depresses”) the central nervous system (for example brain function, breathing, pulse rate). The more alcohol that is consumed, more and more “relaxed” the functioning of the body's cells and organs become, until they are less efficient. For example, heavier drinking can lead to sedation and drowsiness.

Alcohol increases the amount of circulating cortisol. That, in turn, reduces serotonin levels as well as other important neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine that are integral to thwarting off depression. In general, when serotonin levels drop, depression can quickly settle in.

A person’s mood is exaggerated by the use of alcohol. Alcohol can increase anxieties and sadness. If a person is depressed while drinking, the person may become more depressed. Taking other drugs can increase the effect of both the alcohol and the other drug, especially if the other drug is also a central nervous system depressant, such as a tranquilizer or antihistamine. Alcohol can act as a tranquillizer reducing stress for moderate drinkers. However, heavy drinking can increase stress when the drinker stops for a time or becomes tolerant to the effects.

ayebee--(and anyone battling depression) i recommend you read up on what you're up against. read how your body works. physical activity can help create endorphins, to stimulate your mind and work against depression. there are many ways you can fight this, without going on pharmacuticals. remember, pharmacuticals are big business. they don't care about you, as much as they care about your money --so watch out what you swallow. you could just be replacing depression with addiction.

Not for nothing, but a life of being a drunk leading to you being depressed about life when you're 60 is no big surprize.

It's not the alcohol itself that is a depressant, but the years of hiding from reality only to have it catch up to you when you're older.

I would imagine it would be similar if you spent your life on happy pills, where when you get older shit just catches up to you.

You're talking a lot of big scientific words and all but yo, as someone who's been drinking for a long time, I can tell you what any 9th grader who just got drunk for the first time will tell you. Drinking does the complete opposite of making you depressed.

Anybody knows that when you're in the dumps cause you're girl dumped you or you lost your job or whatever that going out and drinking with your homies is the common way of cheering you up. Even if only temporary.

Eventually you just gotta face whatever your problems are and learn to deal with it in order to get over it.

Basically, you can talk all your scientific hipothesis mumbojumbo that you want, but anybody that actually drinks knows that alcohol is the complete opposite of a "depressent".

Maybe you're talking about it's effects on "alcoholics". Like the AA type that have a genetic disposition to alcohol. Anybody who's ever been around one of them can vouche that drinking definitely effects them ALOT differently than it does normal people.

And on that note, AB, you need to put the bottle down for a minute and just figure shit out on your own with a clear head.

Without numbing yourself with drugs.

Like Meds.

Or alcohol.

It's nights like this where I'm home alone that I started really dwelling on this shit and stressing othe fuck out, and I start having uextremyl unhelathy thoughts

Everybody goes throught that at one point or another. Espescially at your age and you just broke up with your girl.

Just don't be a fag and do some stupid shit. Leave that to the Emos.

CLINICAL DEPRESSION IS A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE IN YOUR BRAIN. YOU COULD HAVE A PERFECT LIFE WITH (ALMOST) NO PROBLEMS AND STILL HAVE DEPRESSION, OR YOU COULD HAVE TONS OF PROBLEMS AND NOT BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH ANY OF THEM BECAUSE YOUR SO DEPRESSED. SOMETIMES MEDS CAN HELP.

I DON'T TAKE THAT SHIT THOUGH, AND I'M NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW YOU AND I'M NOT A THERAPIST.

AyeBee, there is good advice in this thread already.

You should go to the gym man, start training and meet some tight bodied piece from there. That is the way I got over my depression when I was younger.

But if you want to go on pills that will fuck with you, feel free to go on meds. They will make you worse before it gets better.

And the job thing sounds good too, if you get a better job then you might make more money, allowing you to feel better about yourself too.

And trust me when I say this, there is always a better girl out there for you, always.

dude its just a girl. my girl of 4 years that i was supposed to marry left me 3 months ago with no explination and i was all bummed out and shit, but i mean life goes on. all you need to do is hang out with your friends drink some beers and enjoy life. i mean your only 19 right? your to young to worry about shit like this.

my bish of almost a year, suddenly left me too, you know why?

cause she was creeping with my good cousin and now goes out with him

i was bummed out too, but at the end of the day im still the same kid my

dude, just dont stress it, this happened a month ago and im still good.

the worse thing in this world you could do i stress over a girl, you may

get some sleepless nights but there is no reason for you to act like this man

and graffiti helps too just like DAO said

when i was younger like 17 or so i was on zoloft...and i had a fat drinking/cannabis habit..i used to take extra pills and even just snort the shit....anyway it ends up that i started to want to kill people and myself, its true what they say in those articles about young people on antidepressants who kill or commit suicide....anyway long story short FUCK THE MEDS JUST GET YOURSELF TOGETHER HOMIE ITS THE BEST THING IN THE LONG RUN

AYEBEE i know you are already a violent/ fighter type so best read up on the 411 first

SOME LINKS

http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/news/antidepressant-violence.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,1870158,00.html

http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0030372&ct=1

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/1239

a lot of you people are retarded. obviously if you misuse your meds and continue to drink heavily and abuse drugs you can't expect the med to work as expected and the problems to get better. What the fuck do you expect? I'm not saying meds are for everyone, nor am i saying its the right option in your situation, but some of you are just talking out of your ass. The people who go on meds because they really need them are going on them because they're unable to get themselves together on their own. Sometimes its just a matter of getting on a med long enough to get yourself stable enough to be able to work out your problems, and unfortunetly for some people it is a long term thing and they are stuck on these meds for extended periods of time.

Long story short: if you want some real advice on anti depressants/therapy/whatever and whether they're right for you or not, go talk to a doctor who knows what hes talking about and not a bunch of people online who have no real experience outside of, "i know some dude who was on some anti depressant..."

Whatever you decide to do, it all boils down to you bettering yourself, fixing the things in your life that are making your depression worse (getting hammered alone while sulking around), manning up, and doing it. If you can do it without meds, i recommend it. If you think meds might be the right option, put some real research into it, talk to your doctor, and prepare yourself to still put in work and for things to get worse before they get better.

12oz is not the place to come for medical advice.

the comments about getting out and exercising and being around friends are on point for someone who is just feeling a bit "down" but chronic depression is a lot different. i work out 5 times a week and have a healthy social life but there are just those days when i don't even want to get out of bed. i take an anti depressant that also covers anxiety and panic disorder and for me its night and day from when i started taking it and before..

I was talkin to one of my boys about this shit last night, and he made a good point

He was like would it really be worth it to go on these meds that are gunna fuck with your head just because this shit happens one or two nights a week?

When put that way, I realize it prolly wouldn't be a very good idea, cuz then who knows....maybe instead of havin mad fun 5 nights and being all fucked up 2 nights I'll just turn into this numb, zombie muthafucka every night

Oh well...thanks to all who are tryin to help, this is just some shit I'mma need to figure out on my own

Tonight I'm goin to the bar with a couple of bitches...tomorrow I got a new girl comin over to kick it...Friday night is my night with all the homies to just act wild....then Saturday I leave for Florida for 9 days, so I should be aite for a lil bit

P.S the only time you should actually be taking anti depressants is if your average day goes about like this

Self-esteem is bad. It makes you do bad things, like getting up out of bed (you'll use dwindling natural resources and contribute to pollution), eating (food that should be going to starving refugee orphans), going to work (continuing the oppression of billions) and thinking you are as good, if not better, than other people.

No one should have any self-esteem. Here are some tips to help lower yours to a point lower than whale shit on the bottom of the ocean. They work for me.

Ø Listening to the Swans. Side A of Greed (PVC 8949) is probably the single most effective self-esteem lowering collection of music ever produced. Sample lyrics will be interspersed throughout for those of you fortunate enough not to have access to a copy. With all the evil lyrics here, they work best when repeated to yourself over and over.

I'll lie to myself (x2)

I'll lie down here

I'll lie down beside you (x2)

I'll believe in myself

I'll believe in a lie

I'll cut off my right hand

and stand in your shadow.

I'll lie to myself (x2)

I'll crawl all over myself

and stand in your shadow.

I'll crawl all over myself

and stand in your arms.

Ø Chain smoking.

Ø Trying to sleep and failing.

Ø Drinking.

Ø Watching CNN, with the sound off, listening to Tool. The second most effective collection of music is Tool's Undertow (Zoo 72445-11052-2).

I am just a worthless liar

I am just an imbecile

I will only complicate you

Trust in me ... and fall as well.

I will find the center in you

I will chew it up and leave

I will work to elevate you

Just enough to bring you down.

Ø Smoking, drinking.

Ø Self-mutilation.

Ø Carving Swans lyrics into my thigh.

I hate my body.

I'm stuck in my body.

I'm nothing.

I'm nobody.

I'm stuck in myself.

Ø Pouring cheap scotch on the carving.

Ø Hanging up on unresponsive voice mail.

Ø Waiting for the tomorrow that never comes.

Ø Watching "I Spit on your Grave" and "Straw Dogs" with the sound off, listening to Foetus and Coil. Lyrically, Coil isn't all that good in lowering self-esteem. Foetus, in his various incarnations, is. I recommend Hole (Some Bizarre, Womb FDL 3), Nail (Some Bizarre Womb FIP 4) and especially Thaw (Some Bizarre, WOMB FIP 5)

Say a prayer

say a prayer

say a prayer

for my death.

I don't find it necessary

to take responsibility

bullshit is obligatory

daily life is dysentery

Escape this earthly Alcatraz

get out of this penitentiary

crawl out of this century

I could see eternity

I could see infinity

I could see the terminus

I need

release.

Ø Laying awake at 3:00 am going over every single mistake, misstep, misspoken word, missed chance, missed opportunity and assorted other miseries.

Ø Mirrors and photographs. Look at yourself. You are a fucking loser. Look at what you had and look at what you have now (if anything).

Ø Still no messages on the answering machine.

Ø Ever notice the absolutely fascinating patterns made by the blood from shaving accidents as it hits the water? Wouldn't a lot more be really spectacular?

Ø "We are all satires of our parents."

Ø Watching Salo, listening to Coil.

Ø Wanting and needing things you just can't ever have. Or ever have again.

Ø Every choice is incorrect.

ØTime for some more evil music.

Shit adds up (x3)

down at the bottom.

I'm shameless now

I'm nameless now

I'm nothing now

I'm no one now.

But my soul must be iron

for my fear is naked

I'm naked and fearless

and my fear is naked.

You see me naked now

empty now

nameless now

shameless now

It leaves me dead inside

Hatred keeps me alive

Emptiness keeps me alive

Weakness keeps me alive

Guilt keeps me alive

down at the bottom

where shit adds up.

Ø "Life sucks" represents two temporary conditions.

Ø Other fun activities include spending a day working up the nerve to ask someone out on something vaguely approaching a date, expecting rejection, getting rejected, and being terribly disappointed anyway.

ØThink about how happy you are in a parallel universe, where you didn't completely fuck up and are still married and own a nice house in Melbourne.

Ø Planning your gloriously spectacular, tri-state multicide spree. Read issue 2 of ANSWER Me! or any issue of Murder Can Be Fun for inspiration.

Ø Spend $2.00 a minute on phone calls to the local "alternative" weekly romance ads. Filter out all ads that have qualifications that you don't meet (e.g. "Tall", "Fit", "Non-smoking"). Make calls to a good statistical sample (i.e. more than 20). See how many don't even call you back. So far I'm beneath rejection for 95% of the eligible, date-seeking female population of the SF bay area. The other 5% were nice enough to reject me outright.

Ø Keep listening to evil music.

I'm your stupid child.

I'm your stupid naked child.

I'm your stupid helpless child.

I'm ashamed of what I am.

I like the way that feels.

I like the way that burns me.

I like the way that dulls me.

I like the way that cuts me down.

I'm your stupid child (x2).

ØRemy Martin for breakfast, Lagavulin for dinner. Or was it the other way around today?

I know where my money comes from

I'll do any thing for you.

Put your hand in my mouth

I'll force it down.

Force it down in me.

Put it in.

Take it out.

Take it out of me.

Take it out on me.

I know where my money comes from.

ØAll your feelings are invalid.

ØEverything you do is wrong.

ØNotice several personal ads that are rewrites of ones previously called. Come to the not-so-surprising conclusion of being utterly worthless. Henry Lee Lucas must be preferable as a date, because I'm certainly not.

Give me what I want

and all I can think about

is losing it.

I'm losing it.

Look at me and run away.

Stop talking you hurt me.

And I'm not afraid to die.

ØDrink lots of coffee. Not only will it aggravate depression, and make you depressed if you're jonseing for it, but thoughts will race through your head: all the stuff you should've done, but fucked up. Just like you will again. Plus it keeps you up at night, allowing you more time to drink more booze and remember how it was supposed to be

don't get on anti-depressants. go to counseling. refuse drugs.

I decided awhile back that counseling would never work for me, I'd never be able to sit there and really discuss shit with some complete stranger

I mean, I'm just not that type of dude....I hafta get completely wasted just to even talk about this kinda shit with my best friends. That and I can post lil bits about it on 12oz sometimes ha

AyeBee:

I didn' read any of this thread. Not even your first post. But anti-depressants are not for people with serious alcohol problems.

Whatever the problem is, I can almost guarantee that you should just stop drinking so much damn vodka.