Anti Depressants

AyeBee

So I'm sitit here drunk, thinking (which is whent he best thyinkin goes on as any alcoholoic knows) and I'm pondering goin g on anti-deopressants

I've bene told many times over the years thta I needed help, and I think I might have even made a thread on ehre once asking about the merits of therapy

Anyways, over the last few months I've been havin a real rought ime with life as some of you know, and for the first time Im putitng some real thought ibto this

Who on here has sbeen on them? Diod they help or just turn you into a complete fuckin zombie?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant drink or do drugs while on anti depressants or you will die.

i turned blue and passed out in my basement floor for a day after a few nitos balloons,

drinking a 40 and smoking a blunt.

also your dick cant get hard.

then youll be really depressed

change your fuckin diet before you go puttin pills in your system.

lay off the booze, eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies and all the good stuff.

if you think you need prescription medication to treat your depression, you're only gonna have to rely on that shit forever to make you feel somewhat balanced.

there's tons of natural and healthy ways to treat depression. do some research online, but diet and exercise play a huge part in making your body and mind feel good.

Rethink your problems and whats making them worse. I can promise you drinking heavily on a regular basis isn't helping your shit. Try straightening out your life before you turn to meds. I'm not anti meds at all, infact i'm on some myself, but be prepared to work at fixing your problems and not just expecting the meds to fix them for you. From the sounds of things you're looking to medications as an easy way out, and they're far from it. Be prepared to find some meds don't help you, some meds make you worse, and some meds bring on other side effects and problems.

Everyone that I know that took them shits had fucked up side effects that makes it not worth it.

At you're age you're supposed to be going through it. It's part of life.

It's part of growing up. It toughens you up and makes you stronger in the long run.

If you go running to happy pills everytime you're having problems, the problems aren't just going to go away, you'll just be putting them on the back burner and in the long run you're just gonna be a fuck up for the rest of your life.

Don't be a pussy. Just deal with the shit.

Chillin on the drinking for a while might be a good idea though. Espescially if you're drinking yourself to the point of typing like that.

Try switching up your routine completely.

i would suggest just getting over it by yourself. i was all fucked up in highschool. they put me on meds and all that the meds did was help me not be that way for the hour or so that the meds lasted. i think noticed myself getting addicted so i quit taking them, and i was back at square one depressed as fuck. you have to work it out for yourself. meaning stop getting drunk and stop smoking weed and just figure yourself out. you'll have a much better time with life not only now, but down the road.

I donb'ty msoke weed...no drugs for AB

Likje I said, I've alkways bene extrremely against the idea of any kind of meds, since this kinda shit has been suggested to me for years

Just lately I've been thginkin about it, but you guys are renminding me of all the reasons I was agianst the idea in the first place

you just said "no drugs for aybee" and you weant to go on antidepressants?

like mr chupacabra said, try to fix things yourself first. drinking alot is something thats good for a temporary thing, but you're never going to get your head right if you just fall back on that every day. i can almost guarantee that you just need to sit yourself down and say "look, i'm going to focus, get my shit together and keep things moving in a good direction". there comes a time where you just have to force yourself into a proper frame of mind.

first off, alcohol is a depressant. a serious depressant. so you might want to step away from that shit for a while. drugs work as the same smoke screen, to cover up what you need to deal with sober. anti-depressants should be your last resort. if you're suicidal, can't get out of bed, feel the physical pain of depression, than maybe you might want to look into meds. use them as a last resort if you feel you are in danger. i would recommend sobering up for a little bit. partying only makes a momentary lapse of false reality. take some time to focus on yourself, and see what you're having issues with, within yourself. if it is a bad break up with a ladyfriend, then look at what brought that into your life, and realize where you may have been wrong. learn from your mistakes, and grow from that. i'd also recommend meditation. focus on simple breathing patterns to relax yourself during moments of depression or despair. count your breaths --breath in (1), breath out (2), breath in (3), breath out (4). do this up to ten, then begin at one again and repeat. this might help you relax. then just try and focus on yourself, and bettering yourself. it takes a lot of work, but life ain't easy kid.

edit: i was writing this, as boxcar and peroxide were posting their's. both gave pretty much the same advice i'm offering.

My brother in law, who has had some depression and anger issues, was recently put on Cymbalta. He seems to be reacting well. Better moods and what not.

Been dealing with depression for a long time. My doctor put me on Cymbalta. It's been working out pretty good for me so far. Somewhat consistantly better moods and it's been a little bit easier to overcome problems that come up.

If you're just looking to take meds due to being sad over some relationship shit.... don't bother. it'll be a waste of time. I havent felt "okay" in over a decade, and it took me a long time to finally decide to "go see someone".

I never understood how some peope call alchohol a "depressant".

Alchohol is the ultimate anti-depressant.

just some info to help prove your point wrong.

If a drinker has never experienced alcohol problems, he or she will tend to not have symptoms of depression. Research indicates that people who experienced alcohol problems both before and after age 60 have the highest rates of depression. It has also been suggested that the existence of earlier alcohol problems (around ages 20 and 40) predicts depression in later life. (Reifman & Welte, 2001)

Effect on Cortisol: Alcohol slows down and relaxes (“depresses”) the central nervous system (for example brain function, breathing, pulse rate). The more alcohol that is consumed, more and more “relaxed” the functioning of the body's cells and organs become, until they are less efficient. For example, heavier drinking can lead to sedation and drowsiness.

Alcohol increases the amount of circulating cortisol. That, in turn, reduces serotonin levels as well as other important neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine that are integral to thwarting off depression. In general, when serotonin levels drop, depression can quickly settle in.

A person’s mood is exaggerated by the use of alcohol. Alcohol can increase anxieties and sadness. If a person is depressed while drinking, the person may become more depressed. Taking other drugs can increase the effect of both the alcohol and the other drug, especially if the other drug is also a central nervous system depressant, such as a tranquilizer or antihistamine. Alcohol can act as a tranquillizer reducing stress for moderate drinkers. However, heavy drinking can increase stress when the drinker stops for a time or becomes tolerant to the effects.

ayebee--(and anyone battling depression) i recommend you read up on what you're up against. read how your body works. physical activity can help create endorphins, to stimulate your mind and work against depression. there are many ways you can fight this, without going on pharmacuticals. remember, pharmacuticals are big business. they don't care about you, as much as they care about your money --so watch out what you swallow. you could just be replacing depression with addiction.

Anti-Depressants are wack homie don't fuck with that shit.

I been feeling like shit for the past 4 or 5 days. I am almost positive it is with-drawl. I wake up in the morning feeling tired as fuck and my whole body aches and I have no motivation to do anything. Everything seems worthless and I feel like I am "stuck."

It comes and goes, I tell myself to quit bitchin. I pump iron and listen to music.

I flee okay as long as I'm doig shit...like when I'm with my boys, or hanging out with other girls I suaully feel good, don't thibnk about shit

It's nights like this where I'm home alone that I started really dwelling on this shit and stressing othe fuck out, and I start having uextremyl unhelathy thoughts

And to everyone who thinks I'm just doing this becauser of a bad breakup, while that is what finally pushed me over the edge, this isn't something new

People have been tyrin for years to tell me I "need help", I've just never wanted to listen until now

Fuck it, Istill doubt I'd ever actually be able to go talkto some shrink fuck and get drugs

ayebee --you feel good when people are there to distract you. when you're alone, focus on why you feel the anxiety and depression. if it isn't the break up, than it's internal. you are the only person who can help yourself with that. focus on yourself, and what you want from life, and try to better yourself.

glik0 is right, boxing will help you.

Try to focus on money and a career maybe? I know your ass don't want to be fuckin with HD forever. Instead of sitting home thinking about shit, put your energy toward making resumes and sending them out to jobs and all sorts of shit like that. Workout too. You just got to fill the time between work and partying with constructive shit that takes your mind to another place.