What's the last movie you saw?

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bling_DVD.jpg

You might have spent thousands on the diamond you're rockin'... but do you know how much bling really costs?

In this riveting, unforgettable film, a few of hip-hop's finest - Raekwon of Wu-Tang Clan, Paul Wall and Tego Calderón - travel to war-torn Sierra Leone, West Africa, and come face to face with the real cost of bling. They meet people who've been affected by conflict or "blood" diamonds, including miners, amputees and former child soldiers. BLING explores the cultural significance of diamond jewelry in hip-hop and traces it's evolution from early 80's old-school culture to the bling-encrusted billion-dollar industry it is today.

I watched American Gangster last night.

It was OK, except WAY too long and it spent a bunch of time trying to make (Mr. Over-fucking-rated) Russell Crowe's character seem flawed. I also think they went a bit far with his "I have flaws but when it comes to being a cop, I always do the right thing and never take bribes or anything". Yeah, whatever.

It basically jumped from the exciting, fast paced drug world to boring family court and other scenes that overall didn't contribute to the movie every 30 mins. All in all, half of that movie could have been cut and it felt like they extended Russell Crowe's character's part just to make the part justifiable (read: long enough) for him to play it.

His accent was shithouse too.

It was an OK two-and-a-half hour film. Could have been an amazing 1-hour-45-min film.