Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That's a good style you're working with, like the flow, I'd try to bring more of a focus point to it.

Like half the canvas is negative space and the other half has a uniform weight in most of those.

Maybe stretch some of the lines into the uncovered half a little to break it up some.

and bring more negative space into the covered half to make it less uniform and help define a focal point.

The first and last ones posted have that and the lines in all of them flow well though.

• Like 1

I like how they aren't exactly "monochromatic" where you just shade a color with another. They look like proper paintings and looks as if you actually find stuff in the process, bring out some and dim down others, instead of filling out a premeditated sketch and trying to make it look good with nice effects.

The pieces seem very dimensional/spatial, and I think there's a heavy potential there. You might want to emphasize it even further with different shades of dark/light colours in the very background/foreground and see how they work. The bottom-heavy comment was on point, but in a gallery you could try hanging the canvases almost uncomfortably high, so the eye level hits on the organic shapes. I imagine them on the walls of a semi-narrow corridor to emphasize the uneasy crawlspace-feeling.

If at some point you think the shapes should look more physical/naturalistic, it'd probably do no harm taking a lot of time to study and draw similar stuff from nature, like taking something messy under a microscope and see the how it's built up. The Third one already looks very organic, I like that. I also would not turn down the idea of more colour if it seems relevant at some point in the process, but I don't think that's a priority right now.

good looks on all the good advice/ feedback, definitely agree with the bottom heavy thing, I'm going to try and simplify in a way and bring like you said more of a focal point into my paintings. My work is very i guess you could say organic or influenced by nature, fractals are also something of interest to me and part of what i think my inspirations are subconsciously. Yeah i've been digin on the white on top lately even though most people will tell you not to use pure white i like the contrast and how it pops on these. I never really experimented with dripping too much, for most of these it was layered acrylics and white out pens.

P1090182.jpg

I really like this one. I don't even mind that it's bottom heavy. There's something about the raw feeling of it... there's energy in there. Oofah... I sound one of those gay artsy folks who stand in front of a piece at a gallery at tell people what the artist was thinking. Anyway, I would say to add some dimension you could look into doing large raw solid sections but then I think you would be delving into Tapies territory. Definitely keep doing what you're doing... looks great.

Recently a friend posted some works by a long time friend of his, Steve More. I've seen a few pieces over the last couple of years and always dig what he's doing so I thought I'd share a few...

15_sisyphus_stevemore.jpg

1_phantom_stevemore.jpg

Also, a new sculpture by Delta Inc.

DSC_0118x.jpg

DSC_0120x.jpg

Just landed a big fish!

I'm the selected artist for a new Hospitality Management and Culinary Institute right in the heart of Downtown!

Here's a sample the firm that chose me made up. My final piece will vary. They just cropped an old painting.

I'm pretty stoked.

36879_412515239081_565204081_4277658_7448538_n.jpg

*Joker or Poesia...Are you any good/have experience at pricing a project like this?

If so, PM me.

• Like 1