Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
please explain how you did it

i always feel like asking how something was created is cheating, otherwise id be asking that left right and center.

i have no problem asking fine artists who visit my college and give lectures and people from an art background but fine artists from a graffiti background i have trouble asking. i think it stems from me believing graffiti skills have to be learnt and not taught and i like to think there is still some secrecy left.

-hayabusa jonas gerard is so good. im still hyped on the live action videos you posted of him last time (i think it was youu?) ive been hooked on him since

yeh those videos had me sold on Jonas. Had i seen just the work, i would have probably liked it and let it go. But seeing the guy paint, listening to him talk about his work, has really got me hooked on him. He truly embodies what an artist is, in my opinion. He paints what he feels, its sweet (nh)

bo/stag - do either of you transfer that style of art into spray paint ever? like larger scale, murals illegals what have you?

2pq2hdg.jpg

ive been doing up letters that i sent to friends across the country, heres an example.

i keep forgetting to leave enough space so the post office can actually read it

*when i put stamp, address, rtn add. on

• Like 1

Bojangles... I like that latest one.

Stagnant... I dig the subtle feel of the piece above, however, the one critique I could give is that when doing multiple pieces that make up one piece it's important to separate them (as if the frame is on them) when painting them. That way when the frame is on them there's a smooth transition from one canvas to the next. Does that make sense?

Joker,

I know exactly what you are pointing to, and tried to compensate with this one after realizing in past experiments. Still wasn't enough, as well these were shot separately then pushed together which exaggerates that effect. Been thinking about framing them as one with a divider, allowing more control of that separation as a fixed space. Instead of two that can be pushed or pulled apart.

Another fail on these are the stand alone aspects, neither are strong enough without the other.

Learning all the time, thank you for the input.

2zy8tfm.jpg

2a5bzw0.jpg

vcs60o.jpg

5zldz7.jpg

some of the girls (19-24) i drew on for a friends fashion show, havnt gotten official photg back just what ive scouped up from their facebooks, prolly dont want these photos on a graff forum but what do i care. and in last photo is that a nipple?

doin up 11 girls in 2 hours was fucking hard too, was funny they all wanted more to try to out-do the other chicks, i was lovin it!