Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
T;7333538']Yeah Antistatik is dope its weird in Europe everyone paints in like 2 and 3s on one painting i havnt figured it out yet. There will be one piece and like 3 names on it.

yeah they also have weird names... i thought orbit 119 was a writer and not a crew... then 345 told me how it is.... lol crazy euros

so lately i've been experimenting with taking pictures as part of creating a new art out of my drawings; looking at them in a different way, (with a camera) which often reveals a lot we can't see with the human eye. opinions would be highly appreciated.

img_9542.jpg?w=600&h=399

I like the idea. This one though is the only one that came "correct" for me. Its the only one that looks like what you might be aiming for. The others just scream bad photo up close, I dont mean theyre horrible Im just saying the first is a drawing...photographed, but if handled right it came be a piece in itself.

my wife and i are kind of having a fight now.

i pitched my suggestion that we should get something by joker

showed her a couple examples.

she said it reminded her of the doctor's office.

i'm mad at her now.

don't worry joker, the fight will continue until i win.

my wife and i are kind of having a fight now.

i pitched my suggestion that we should get something by joker

showed her a couple examples.

she said it reminded her of the doctor's office.

i'm mad at her now.

don't worry joker, the fight will continue until i win.

hate to break it to you but it sounds like you guys are headed towards a divorce :D

Joker is overrated.

So the more I continue to draw and work on new stuff the more simple it gets. Even simple ideas are what motivates me. I recently found some work by a few artists that I really enjoyed looking at for, most of all, their simplicity. The idea that they could say so much with so little is amazing. I'm not saying I want my work to go in this direction but it is inspiring...

r_pastine_convergence.jpg

Ruth Pastine

c_goldman_captive_I_web.jpg

Connie Goldman

untitled_YBGry_46x44_acrylic_on_canvas.jpg

Scot Heywood

And then I came across Alex Couwenberg whose work I'm completely drawn to. I don't know why, but I am. Here's several images...

IGNITOR_1.jpg

Domina_Hush_Hush_2009_72_x_66-1.jpg

Detroit_2009_24_x_24.jpg

Blue_Crush_2009_26x22-1.jpg

I liked this series a lot...

a_couwenberg_quicksilver_3_36x36.jpg

a_couwenberg_quicksilver_2_36x36.jpg

that couwenberg stuff reminds me a little of what i've been playing with lately. i should add that i like it a lot. on that note, and with what joker was talking about, i think it's important to remind yourself that your hand-eye coordination is UNIQUE and therefore any product you may produce will be your own...even if somebody else is doing similar shit, the way you do your thing is what sets you apart and that can't be helped whether you'd like it or not. just my half-drunken $.02 for the evening..

So the more I continue to draw and work on new stuff the more simple it gets. Even simple ideas are what motivates me. I recently found some work by a few artists that I really enjoyed looking at for, most of all, their simplicity. The idea that they could say so much with so little is amazing. I'm not saying I want my work to go in this direction but it is inspiring...

no doubt ive created a lot of works that i love that are extra simple. but if i dont put in time i feel incomplete/im slacking

I like the idea. This one though is the only one that came "correct" for me. Its the only one that looks like what you might be aiming for. The others just scream bad photo up close, I dont mean theyre horrible Im just saying the first is a drawing...photographed, but if handled right it came be a piece in itself.

yea, it's quite challenging to get it 'correct'. might draw over the photos...then photograph them again. cheers for the opinion.

T;7282393']Im not sold on it yet Bojangles im sure over time it will establish itself or i will adjust my taste to like it. I think it is only because i dig your other work so much.

Will post some pics soon Me, Joker and Kema have a couple of works in a show this weekend. I will post them up this weekend.

Till then peep the interview i just did with these cats

http://graffuturism.com/2010/04/06/graphic-surgery-interview/

ndsmpainting.jpg

P this is fucking ridiculous.

It reminds me a lot of the steel substructure thats visible before a building is completed.

New thangz...

26477_387709454081_565204081_3692510_1244882_n.jpg

Records for a vinyl show.

I'm going back to the older, looser styles for awhile.

Still gonna' play with the more refined shapes on the back burner though.

If you don't mind me asking what show are these for? There's a vinyl show near me some time in June, and from what I know we live in similar areas.