post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

yo karl whats with all the herb stems and shit? you should strain your braising liquid if you're gonna use it as a sauce. also you must really love that balsamic redux shit huh? any way i'm doing a tasting menu for my bosses so they can see what i'm about since it's all been talk maybe i can persuade them with my food to get rid of anything on the menu that isn't made fresh.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Must...make...one...of....these...sandwiches!

Shooters-Sandwich-015.jpg

Props for posting this mate, I had the same thought as soon as I saw it so I made two of the buggers. One hell of a meat sandwich, I did one filled with mushrooms, sping onion and bacon, the other is filled with potato, bacon and cheese, used 8 scotch fillets to make the pair of them.

Here's what they turned out like...

SSFinished.jpg

• Like 1

Props for posting this mate, I had the same thought as soon as I saw it so I made two of the buggers. One hell of a meat sandwich, I did one filled with mushrooms, sping onion and bacon, the other is filled with potato, bacon and cheese, used 8 scotch fillets to make the pair of them.

Here's what they turned out like...

SSFinished.jpg

Nice! I will make another. I took my time and it only took an hour. And what an awesome late lunch the next day. Id like to hunt down some asiago bread ( hunt as in my area doesnt offer much ) and do it again.

Have to agree mate, the bread can make a big difference. I went for one wholemeal and one white cobb loaf. Next time I do it I will definitely make the centres with a bit more moisture, today is the second day since unwrapping and they are needing a big dollop of mustard aioli to get through the dry.

Still good though!

yo karl whats with all the herb stems and shit? you should strain your braising liquid if you're gonna use it as a sauce. also you must really love that balsamic redux shit huh?

Ayo...

They look like stems but its actually those faggy "micro-greens" you see everywhere now. I always forget to take pix until I'm half way through the plate...It looked fancier before i dug in.

And yeah, balsamic is my joint right now. I scored this stuff last week and its been going on everything.

XuH6w.jpg

Its a balsamic but the consistency is more like maple sizzurp than vinegar. If you heat some up it really intensifies the flavor.

Pic does NOT do this sangwich justice. Its a turkey, bacon and swiss from Ike's Place in SF.

wDftN.jpg

http://ilikeikesplace.com/meats/ <--- that menu is crazy.

Wrapped up the day with some In n' Out. 1 regular cheeseburger, 1 animal style (grilled onions, extra sauce and pickles), extra crispy fries, the largest root beer I've ever seen and a strawberry milkshake:

0sbuA.jpg

Ayo...

They look like stems but its actually those faggy "micro-greens" you see everywhere now. I always forget to take pix until I'm half way through the plate...It looked fancier before i dug in.

And yeah, balsamic is my joint right now. I scored this stuff last week and its been going on everything.

oh ok. where do you find micro's cause every where i look i can't seem to find them. they have a more intense flavor sometimes then there older counterparts. good for garnishing though.