post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

"The hot wiener or New York System wiener is a staple of the food culture of Rhode Island.[1][2] It is typically made from a small, thin frankfurter made of veal and pork, thus giving it a different taste from a traditional hot dog made of beef. Once placed in a steamed bun, the wiener is topped with a meat sauce seasoned with a myriad of spices like cumin, paprika, chili powder and allspice, which is itself covered in finely chopped onions, celery salt and yellow mustard"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try not to punch out your customers.

4607808518_2b2c39f914.jpg

Chipotle-Black Bean Enchiladas - These came out pretty damn good.

So I'm gonna another batch of these, but this time with homemade from scratch sauce and fresh black beans.

Anyone got a recommendation on alternative cheeses to Monterey and Cheddar?

Or just really good versions of those?

10 6-inch corn tortillas

1 can of black beans or pinto beans rinsed and drained or go fresh

2 10oz cans enchilada sauce or make it yourself

8oz shredded cheese.. Mixed

1 Tbls chopped canned chipotle chile pepper with some of the sauce

Green onions for garnish

Preheat over to 350.. Grease a baking dish.

Mix up a 1/2 cup of the sauce, 1 cup of the cheese and the chile peppers. After you warm/heat up the tortillas(til pliable/soft) spoon in the mixture into the tortillas and roll up. Place seam side down in the baking dish.

After that pour the remaining sauce over everything, plus whatever mixture is left over.

Baked covered for about 25 minutes.. Uncover put the rest of the cheese on and bake five more minutes uncovered..

Throw some green onions on it and then maybe some sour cream if that's your thing.

Hope that helps. Pretty damn simple.

queso fresco is really delicious crumbled on enchiladas. Asadero or chihuahua would also be good if you want something more melty. Might have to hit up the mercado to find them though.

That's actually what I had in mind.. I might just add the queso fresco before serving. Those cheeses ain't a problem to find where I live.

6zms1f.jpg

Chicken shawarma and tabouleh. Can't really see the shawarma all that well, but it's just a pita, chicken, tomato, and onion. The chicken is marinated for about two hours in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, 7-spice, cinnamon, red pepper, paprika, garlic, cardamom, and dried parsley. In other words, it's fucking delicious.

Also made a grip of hummus, but I had some earlier and my breath wreaks of garlic.

if you want good enchilada sauce recipe or pretty much anything mexican, i suggest checking out rick bayless. Dude is the truth.

Already have.

Gotten some great recipes just from his website.

Dude is a legit cook, but the way he's white and so crazy obsessed with Mexican culture reminds me of this kid I used to hang out with's cornball father.

He was like Swedish or some shit, a professor at an Ivy League university, but wanted to be Guatemalan more than anything in the world. Used to take his vacations there, married a Guatemalan chick, even fucking spoke Spanish as his main language at home (didn't need to, his wife spoke perfect English)...I didn't get it.

Dude is a legit cook, but the way he's white and so crazy obsessed with Mexican culture reminds me of this kid I used to hang out with's cornball father.

I'm not tryin to argue or anything, but I think he is just more obsessed with mexican cuisine. I can completely understand after eating the stuff. The only other food I'm that obsessed with is pho. That said, I'm glad he's white and that obsessed with the Messicans. He bridges the gap for other whiteys and makes the traditional flavors easy to replicate in our american kitchens.

Archived