UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
yea gsp is about to get beat on... i mean fuck Silva dude is an asshole but so good

IF they fight it will probably be at WW ( 170 ) or a catch weight of 175/8 like the Royce/Hughes fight. Which is the only weight GSP stands a chance against Silva, either way it won't live up to the hype.

I love how people have nothin to say about Silva so they just say he's an asshole, lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

The psyche game is part of fighting, and its all style and mental, that strategy is the same as Ali used to do, the same a Jordan playing ball. The guy bows to his apponent and shakes his hand afterwards, what happens in the ring is fare game, if your big bad jujitzu master can only land one punch the entire time, then stop worrying about how much of an an asshole silva is and talk about how Maia wasn;t supposed to have gotten that chance to even be in the same ring last night with Silva.

^^Haha i didn't catch that...

i didnt catch the names the dudes in the first two fights, but those were pretty good...BJ was looking a little sluggish, almost out of shape..frankie edgar was a fucking mosquito winning all those rounds for sure..

SILVA FIGHT SUCKED? are you people blind? He got completely fuckin BORED after round 3, and basically said this guys isnt worth showing any more of his skills to his next fighter sitting front row taking notes. He's the best who cares about amazing tko's when youre where he is, Miae's nose was BROKE, dude gave him a round or 2 of pure MERCY.

Dude was bored, not tired or lazy, bored out of his mind, you could see he lost the will to even bother after round 3.

Really though, silva beat his ass without even getting a scratch on him..

How i see it, Silva was already fighting his next match after round 3, knowing Gsp would be home for the next 6 months watching this fight over and over and over, he shut down and decided notr to flex anymore habits or whatever. the fight was his so he ran the clock out.

end oif story, boo hoo to all the people who came with their affliction shirts and mohawks who wants to see someones arm get snapped or someone put to sleep.

lets put it this way...

after the amount of showboating silva did last night,

silva should have knocked him out.

and he couldnt.

i lost a certain amount of respect for anderson last night.

mixed martial arts has had a hard enough time gaining respect as a legitimate sport.

we dont need silvas fairy dancing in the ring, no matter how unmatched his opponent was.

shit last night reminded me of what boxing had turned into a few years back.

anderson silva reminded me of this clown...

without the excitment.

i think silva is one of the greatest fighters ever. doesn't change the fact that the fight was BORING as fuck after the second round. he should of knocked his ass out.

exactly...

i think technically anderson is the shit.

but last nights performance was wack as fuck.

"i underestimated my opponent"

naw nigga you burnt yourself out in the first 2 rounds flailin around beggin him to hit you and you were too gassed to finish the job.

and how about the gracie matt hughes fight...

i mean i understand you got respect for each other, but when im shellin out 70 bucks to watch it pay per view i expect you to hit each other on a consistent basis.

lets put it this way...

after the amount of showboating silva did last night,

silva should have knocked him out.

and he couldnt.

i lost a certain amount of respect for anderson last night.

mixed martial arts has had a hard enough time gaining respect as a legitimate sport.

we dont need silvas fairy dancing in the ring, no matter how unmatched his opponent was.

shit last night reminded me of what boxing had turned into a few years back.

anderson silva reminded me of this clown...

without the excitment.

youll get over it.

yea, Bj Penn is the man, and he's usually really fuckin sharp, but that match was weird. Edgar was on some 30 yr old virgin, never busted a nut type rikochet rabbit bouncin hit for 5 rounds str8. And Silva, fuck, reminded me of playing MK3 trilogy at the arcade, no matter how nasty you'd get with Kabal, some dick head would come in as Smoke or Noob Saibot, and do the same unfightable and untouchable move where you just couldnt never lay a hand on'm. Silva is that dude right now.

There was something weird about those the 112 fights. Silvas gloves werent taped, maias hands werent even rapped and judges were handing out retarded fight cards. I sat and watched the edgar and pen fight over and over and still see it 4-1 or 3-2 rds for bj. what ever happen to having to beat the champ to be champ. this is why i stopped watchin boxing. And silva was just bored. hes not being tested and just seems frustrated. hes gonna scrape the jean claud vandam.

in a normal tie fught the belt would stay witht he champ, but bj was slow, tired, and didnt land ANY punches and didnt try to take Edgar down once, Edgar on the other hand made plenty of attempts and even got him down once or twice. Which apparently hadnt happened to Bj since 2005 or some stupid comment one of the hosts made.

does that mean he deserves the belt? im not saying bj looked his best but his counter left caught frankie at the end of almost every exchange. frankie did look to be in better conditioned and bounced around creating angles but did nothing with it. i just hate people losing belts when they clearly werent beaten.