UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

mir sucks.

i wanna see cain valasquez vs lesner.

or velasquez vs carwin for that matter, even though my boy cain'll knock his head off.

it'll be interesting if they do the anderson silva gsp thing.

bottom line:

fedor needs to fight lesner. dana white needs to stop being a bitch and bend his ufc contract to allow fedor to fight lesner one time and not force him to give up the sambo shit. give the fans what they want before emelianenko gets too old.

dan hardy is one tough son of a bitch, but my boy gsp played it safe. he knew it and apologized to his fans afterwards.

dude in the first fight last night got his fuckin knee MANGLED!

torn acl without a doubt, that guy willl never walk the same again.

ref fucked up and let the submission go way too long after the tap.

speaking of which...

is it just me, or has the quality and consistency of reffing in the ufc gone completely down the shitter recently?

they needa get big john mccarthy back from strikeforce.

speaking of which...

is it just me, or has the quality and consistency of reffing in the ufc gone completely down the shitter recently?

The reffing has gone downhill...

Glad Mir got fucked up... I hate that chump. His head is too big and he underestimated Carwin's heavy hands.

Gsp fight was mad boring. For as good as he is.. He cant close fights for shit. There is no reason that fight should have gone all 5 rounds. Points or no points, when you are a belt holder and saying that you want to be "known as the best pound for pound fighter in the WORLD"... you need to finish fights, especially when you outclass the fuck out of your opponent like he did.

speaking of which...

yea, in my opinion if you dont let go when the guy taps and the ref says stop, your win should be taken away, thats fucked up, set a guy back like 2 yrs of training. mad fucked up.

The reffing has gone downhill...

Glad Mir got fucked up... I hate that chump. His head is too big and he underestimated Carwin's heavy hands.

Gsp fight was mad boring. For as good as he is.. He cant close fights for shit. There is no reason that fight should have gone all 5 rounds. Points or no points, when you are a belt holder and saying that you want to be "known as the best pound for pound fighter in the WORLD"... you need to finish fights, especially when you outclass the fuck out of your opponent like he did.

I agree and disagree, I think that asshole with the mohawk is one of those freaks from the playground in school who could stretch his arm behind his head. Gsp would have had a normal non double jointed person tapped on like 4 occassions in that fight. He was trained to submit people, that guy's arm was streched all the way back, anyone else woulda been dislocated etc. Gsp is still the illest.

Seeing Mir get fucked up made my night. i WANT to see Carwin vs Velasquez. I hope Carwin beats Lesnar then we get to the that fight.

hes no match for Brock, we all know this. I dont like Mir, but he was beefing up and way too focused to Brock, and slept on this guy. I honestly think he woulda been ready for Brock, he was just too focused and not paying attention to anything else.

I cant believe the amount of people talking shit about gsp not standing up with hardy. while this choice deff does not help gsp's dream to be a legend in the sport, it did however get him the win and everything that comes with it. some of you talk like youve been in his shoes or some shit. do you know how much is riding on him keeping that belt? all the endorsements and sponsorships, nevermind the ufc paycheck. if it was up to any of you im sure you too would do what you knew would get u a sure win.

just my 2 cents

WILLGETNEGGEDAGAINFORSAYINGITLIKEITISONER

Dude should have enough $$ by now, hopefully he fights because he loves to fight but we all need that check. He had some good submissions in there that most would have tapped to. Still, he played it safe overall and avoided trading fists wih someone who has a knockout punch. My only thing is by the 2nd half of the fight I would have liked to have seen him open up just a little with the kicks.

i understand, i too would have liked him to atleast keep the 5th round to stand up. but mma is not a secure way of making money, anything can happen. i dont even know what mir is gonna do after those buses that landed on his grill the other night. id collect as much loot as i could while i could.

Hey gsp would stand up for small amounts of time, and even then he was landing more hits then hardy. I dont recall hardy getting one good shot in on his feet. Gsp did whatever he wanted the whole fight, took him down when he wanted to, and put on submissions when he wanted to. Mad props to hardy for lasting all 5 rounds, but in the end all he did was survive.

GSP got the win, and it was not at all controversial (like Machida's last one), so I give him props. I also give props to Hardy for living up to his last name. I knew he wouldn't tap for anything though, he went in there ready to die or get maimed. He has too much pride and attitude to tap, I think ever. Which is cool with me.

GSP is the man, whether it's points or decisions or whatever, he dominated and until somebody takes him out I don't care how he gets the W. Lot of whiners in here really. Go train and fight and get half as far as GSP has in MMA and then come back and talk shit about champions.

GSP got the win, and it was not at all controversial (like Machida's last one), so I give him props. I also give props to Hardy for living up to his last name. I knew he wouldn't tap for anything though, he went in there ready to die or get maimed. He has too much pride and attitude to tap, I think ever. Which is cool with me.

GSP is the man, whether it's points or decisions or whatever, he dominated and until somebody takes him out I don't care how he gets the W. Lot of whiners in here really. Go train and fight and get half as far as GSP has in MMA and then come back and talk shit about champions.

Agreed.

"I dont know the meaning of TAP :lol:"- Dan Hardy, post-fight

That armbar looked fucking nasty, and trust me fellas.. with enough force, they fucking HURT. I would have tapped my way into my fucking locker, cause Im pretty sure Dan Hardy felt his fucking joints sliding into different directions.

GSP dominated, which is why he's the champ, could his stand up been better (or lasted atleast a round)? I say yes, but Im pretty sure he knows how dangerous Hardy's standup as well, which is why he decided to throw him around like a rag doll.

Hardy on the other hand, dude has MAJOR fucking issues for not tapping on that armbar, but atleast he got out of it :lol:

I thought his arm was going to fucking break just like what happened with Tim Sylvia when Mir caught him in an armbar and he wont tap.

hes no match for Brock, we all know this. I dont like Mir, but he was beefing up and way too focused to Brock, and slept on this guy. I honestly think he woulda been ready for Brock, he was just too focused and not paying attention to anything else.

^ this makes ZERO sense, even by MMAth standards.

Carwin's stand up is 10x better than Lesnar's. If he has a sprawl Brock is in big trouble. That said.... if the fight goes to the second or even third round it will be interesting to see if those gorillas can walk let alone fight. Maybe Dana and the NSAC will institute a 3 minute rest period for anyone who cuts to 265

superjail4.jpg.3507e5ce9a0f3503f66d6a363b022963.jpg

superjail9.jpg.9a3b4933e537b64ff8b7cad924e945eb.jpg

ive said it before and ill say it again...

it needs to go gsp and silva.

and fedor and lesnar (but it looks like it wont happen).

im not a huge lesnar fan, but dude is a beast.

i did like what i saw from carwin against mir.

but velasquez is the new great thing in heavyweight.

as far as the whole gsp thing, to the guy who said "gsp has a belt, he should be able to finish": george is a technical fighter. true he has the belt, so why in the fuck is he going to risk it doing something stupid strictly to make an entertaining fight for the fans? he DOMINATED hardy in all five rounds, there was never even a glimmer of hope for that Brit.

clearly he was unhappy with his performance for the fans, as he stated to rogan afterwards.

keep in mind, anderson silva went through almost the exact same thing...he had two boring ass fights, he apologized, then he embarrassed forrest griffin, broke his face, and sent him running outta the octagon with what looked like a harmless jab.

and gsp vs fitch?

cmon dont make me laugh.

^ this makes ZERO sense, even by MMAth standards.

Carwin's stand up is 10x better than Lesnar's. If he has a sprawl Brock is in big trouble. That said.... if the fight goes to the second or even third round it will be interesting to see if those gorillas can walk let alone fight. Maybe Dana and the NSAC will institute a 3 minute rest period for anyone who cuts to 265

and you are clueless if you think Carwin is any match for Brock. Clueless.

We can continue this debate after they fight. Brock will fold him like a wallet.

Like I said, Mir was getting his weight up to bring it to Brock. Failed, and now Carwin will basically waste our time and make Brock's head more gassed up.