UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

^^exactly cracked.

ive followed silva since pride, ive got mad respect for what he can do in the ring.

and i dont think anyone, even a fourth grade kid, needed silva to knock maia out to be able to distinguish the winner.

like you said, the fight was over in the first couple rounds as far as most people are concerned.

i think his antics were less about strategy, and more about silva being generally bored and dissatisfied with his recent opponents.

the quality of opponents is partly dana whites fault, as his contract policies are less than desirable for many talented fighters, who seek out less constricting deals elsewhere. plus white has a history of shortchanging talent even when it has proven itself (dan henderson everybody?).

bottom line:

silva outclassed dude in every way but class itself. i mean i would understand if it was a true grudge match between two fighters with a history of hating each other. maybe a little strutting in the ring would be humorous, even entertaining. but this is seemingly becoming a habit with anderson, and im not fond of it.

one thing is for sure,

if the ufc continues to allow this bullshit to be accepted, frat dudes with affliction t-shirts wont be the worst thing about mma for long.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

but in a match against another Brazilian from another school who might have a history of whatever prior, he embarrassed Maia for 5 rounds not allowing him to do anything, that's sorta my point, even without abusing him like the first 3.5 , he still was a spider with his prey unable to do shit in his web. He embarrassed his opponent. Broke his nose and made him dance around bleeding with closed up eyes. Dude is probably mentally scarred now. LOL

and what do you mean you don't buy the" 5 rounds of material" are you kidding? GSP was the only other UFC fighter to fly out to Dubai, you think that was a coincidence? Dubai isn;t Vegas, or Portland where you just happen to fly in and out for a fight. GSP is in study mode, if you don't get that, then I really shouldn't bother explaining professional fight strategies against other title holding opponents with you. lol.

and what do you mean you don't buy the" 5 rounds of material" are you kidding? GSP was the only other UFC fighter to fly out to Dubai, you think that was a coincidence? Dubai isn;t Vegas, or Portland where you just happen to fly in and out for a fight. GSP is in study mode, if you don't get that, then I really shouldn't bother explaining professional fight strategies against other title holding opponents with you. lol.

Yeah, I get it fine. You didn't listen at all. Silva destroys Maia in 1 round and does it without using any of his favorite techniques. Then GSP has nothing relevant to study.

but you dont get it. his agression wasnt turned on on purpose, like other fights. His M.O. was to embarrass. anyways you didnt understand GSP watching,so no more talk here.

No, you still don't get what I'm saying, or even what I know, so I'll start over.

1. GSP is in study mode: Agreed. Any smart fighter studies his next opponent's fights.

2. Silva is smart: Agreed. He doesn't want to show GSP his A-game.

3. Silva doesn't need his A-game to beat Maia: Agreed.

4. Silva should dance around for five rounds instead of finishing Maia: DISAGREE.

My point is, Silva could have destroyed Maia in one round with his B-game. That way he wins the fight, keeps GSP in the dark about his A-game, and keeps the respect of fans who think like I do.

But Silva is the 800-pound gorilla who doesn't give a fuck what I think, so he did it his way. Which won him the fight and gave GSP nothing to study. I just don't like his style even if he accomplished those two objectives.

he can study all he wants. his jaw is suspect and silvas stiking is pin point. he'll try and stand up long enough to set up his shot and ride out his wrestiing like the last 3 of his fights. we all see how that work out for maia.lololololololoollolololo

lollllllllllll

i will stick with my guns and say silva is a straight crack head!!!

Can't wait for the next silva fight vs chael, ethier he kills sonnan in the first round or does his antics for five rounds again.

And if he gives everyone that shitty display of horseshit the prez is going to kick him to the curve!!!

And for the record silva maia comes from a different parts of brazil so each one has different morals and ideas.

white name=opinion

high post count +green or yellow name=fact

or could it be that some people like to troll cuz some people get all ass hurt

with that said, i agree mostly with cracked... i fucking HATE Silva... no class fucking asshole, skilled but a fucking ignorant monkey, however no need to piss fight about it for 2 pages... this is not cheese stakes, whales or lil wayne...