UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: UFC 68

all the meatheads and fools who dont get power LOVE knock outs. people who KNOW power understand the art and respect of submissions use them...i would take a guy out with an arm bar over a punch in the nose any day. its way more embarrassing and conquering. anyone can punch someone out. how bad is it when a fool who weighs 150 puts someone twice his size on their ass and makes them cry for mercy...way fresher!

go watch boxing if you wanna see some knockouts...

I don't know shit about ufc but here's one flick that says "sylvia vs. couture". it's pretty long.

http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/10146/UFC_68_Tim_Sylvia_vs_Randy_Couture

Anyway I think whether or not there's any submission in a fight, they seem to often end in a knockout...

at least from the fight's I've seen, even in submission the other guy winds up elbowing the other guy after 10 minute of slapping and twisting arms.

Couture was impressive, that first combo that knocked Tim down definitely got under his skin. Tim has about a foot reach advantage and still couldn't throw some good punches, and Randy looks like he could've gone another 5 rounds.

"Not bad for an old guy"

all the meatheads and fools who dont get power LOVE knock outs. people who KNOW power understand the art and respect of submissions use them...i would take a guy out with an arm bar over a punch in the nose any day.....

BUT watching two guys cuddle and roll around on the floor does not make for an entertaining spectacle

man that was a good ass fight, not alot of what ABC is talking about, there was a few minutes but it was alot of stand up striking which surprised me that couture kept getting sylvia with the same damn right hook. im glad couture won sylvia is a cocky asshole. as much as i like couture though i for see him having a tought time winning over cro cop cause that dude is just a beast, i dont think it will be really one sided but cro cop is no sylvia he comes from pride (alot tougher fighters imo) and ive seen him hurt some big names and not break a sweat literally. Fedor is dope id like to see them fight again since im on the cro cop subject lol. anyways i dont know how into this shit you guys are but i fuckin live for it

^ missed the PPV, caught it on You Tube. Randy was really impressive. The Mirko fight will be awesome. With no knees to the top of the head Randy may actually have a chance. I doubt he will not come out and throw a cut kick/ over hand right on Cro Cop. GNP guys generally don't want to trade kicks w/ kick boxers, the game plan will probably be shoot and clinch, similar to the first Randleman/ CroCop fight.

I saw it. Went a wings place with a little lady and a bunch of friends.

Not really into UFC, but even I had a ton of fun.

Couture came out of retirement for it and beat the hell out of Silvia.

There was one finght I didn't like where the dudes spent the majority of their time on the ground making out.

Not what I came to see.

-fuse.

man that was a good ass fight, not alot of what ABC is talking about, there was a few minutes but it was alot of stand up striking which surprised me that couture kept getting sylvia with the same damn right hook. im glad couture won sylvia is a cocky asshole. as much as i like couture though i for see him having a tought time winning over cro cop cause that dude is just a beast, i dont think it will be really one sided but cro cop is no sylvia he comes from pride (alot tougher fighters imo) and ive seen him hurt some big names and not break a sweat literally. Fedor is dope id like to see them fight again since im on the cro cop subject lol. anyways i dont know how into this shit you guys are but i fuckin live for it

same here (live for it)!!!

HUGHES won---- decision

Suki-no time like now

all the meatheads and fools who dont get power LOVE knock outs. people who KNOW power understand the art and respect of submissions use them...i would take a guy out with an arm bar over a punch in the nose any day. its way more embarrassing and conquering. anyone can punch someone out. how bad is it when a fool who weighs 150 puts someone twice his size on their ass and makes them cry for mercy...way fresher!

go watch boxing if you wanna see some knockouts...

WOW... you forgot to say /no homo,

skeletor5ym.png

cuz that was flaming!

Honestly in a real street fight submission will only work if you completely hurt your victim. Example if you actually get a chance to use an arm bar in a fight the only you're going to stop someone is if you break the arm... I am not gonna lie the take downs work in street fights getting someone on the ground like this then you just stopme the fuck out of them with elbows I have seen it.

wxbx5012.jpg

My friend practices jujitsu and mixed martial arts and he says alot of it is really not efficiant to use in a street fight because the other people arent going to attack you the same way someone taking martial arts will.

If I see some dude getting in a fight trying to pull this shit. I am gonna kick him in the face even if I am not involved...

MVC-007L.JPG

^ The odds of an untrained person taking out a trained figher are very slim, unless it's a cheap shot kind of thing. It's possible, but I don't see many dudes off the street knowing what to do when someone attacks them with a combination of leg kicks folliowed by a plum clinch w/ knees to the body/ face. Attack an attacker.

that knee bar photo is one of the gayest things I've ever seen.... w/ the exception of the " axe murderer " flick.

when fighting a less expirienced person, a submission can be applied within seconds, and result in broken limbs

if u dont know whats coming, and cant defend it as well, no matter how strong u are, ull be in a disadvantage.

ive never kicked anyones ass, but im pretty sure i could go from standing to a sub very very quickly against an untrained person, and end the fight on the ground before anyone even knows what happened

however, dont forget that we can bend rules too, and stomp ppls heads in if theyr taken down. just cuz we do martial arts with rules doesnt mean we;ll abide by those rules in a streeet fight ( we can carry weapons as well FYI)