UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yea. he lost the belt, thats why belt holders get gassed and slack off because they think they're better then everyone. There's always someone hungrier waiting for their moment to shine. This loss will wake his ass up and train hard again to win it back in the rematch.

You really can't take anything away from Edgar, he is a solid fighter. he might not have worked as hard and as long as Bj, but that's the breaks.

rocky Balboa story, got a chance to fight the champ, and surprised the world. I sure as hell didn't see it happening. Didn't see Gracie running out of gas either, but those are the breaks.

Anderson Silva needs to fight in fights that are challenges with that being said I'd like to see him up against:

Chael Sonnen-Dudes been talking a gang of shit about Silva and is a tough wrestler who proved his worth against Nate Marquart.

Vitor Belfort- No brainer here. If Silva tried that shit against Vitor he wouldve gotten put to sleep.

Frank Mir- I believe both have expressed intrest in this fight. It would def. be a sight to see.

Others: Cain Velasquez, Jon Jones, Gegard Mousassi

no shit. just thought theyd be interesting hypothetical fights.

Silva walks around at 185... he could and does easily go + or - 15lbs...maybe even 20. I love watching dood fight, pompous or not. If hes this bored, than dood should expand his fights by jumping different weight classes more often..

Cons:

injury (just like with any fight)

...umm..

Pros:

multiple belts

Better PR

more challenging opponents

NOT BORED.

Edgar won that fight plain and simple.

As for silva he is obviously the best in his weight class, but if hes ganna claim hell fight anyone he should really do that. jump a weight class and see if that dancing monkey shit dosent get his ass dropped.

As for silva he is obviously the best in his weight class, but if hes ganna claim hell fight anyone he should really do that. jump a weight class and see if that dancing monkey shit dosent get his ass dropped.

I would really like to see Silva fight Paul Daley @ 175lbs or a smaller heavyweight like Cain Valasquez

edgar had a great gameplan and executed it well, but it wasnt enough to give him the title.

he was out striked by penn. he would come in with one punch, penn would catch him with 2.

ufc is fixed, just as every other fighting league is. im just about done watching any ufc fights.

I'm a huge Penn fan, but Edgar absolutely out pointed him. It was close but I think the 2 take downs ( rds 2 & 5) and the fact that Edgar's strike percentage was higher in the championship rounds won him that fight.

i dont think penn shoulda lost his belt on that fight, not definitive enough.

but fuck penn.

lil samoan loves to whine, just like when he got his ass beat by gsp, bitched about how lubed up st pierre was to the media for days.

dana white had to tell him to shut the fuck up.

Silva walks around at 185... he could and does easily go + or - 15lbs...maybe even 20. I love watching dood fight, pompous or not. If hes this bored, than dood should expand his fights by jumping different weight classes more often..

Cons:

injury (just like with any fight)

...umm..

Pros:

multiple belts

Better PR

more challenging opponents

NOT BORED.

he's already said he's going to do both.

edgar had a great gameplan and executed it well, but it wasnt enough to give him the title.

he was out striked by penn. he would come in with one punch, penn would catch him with 2.

ufc is fixed, just as every other fighting league is. im just about done watching any ufc fights.

U R D-LERIOUS

and

MAD

Edgar did not out point penn! What fight are you guys watching.

FightMetric (a much better system than compustrike for examining fights after the fact) released their report on the fight which broke down their "effectiveness score" for each round and how they would translate that into scoring the bout using the ten point must-system. Here's how it came out:

Round Penn Edgar TPM

1 94 34 10-9 Penn

2 110 28 10-9 Penn

3 55 43 10-9 Penn

4 57 55 10-10

5 63 96 10-9 Edgar

Total 373 263

49-47 Penn

Edgar did not out point penn! What fight are you guys watching.

FightMetric (a much better system than compustrike for examining fights after the fact) released their report on the fight which broke down their "effectiveness score" for each round and how they would translate that into scoring the bout using the ten point must-system. Here's how it came out:

Round Penn Edgar TPM

1 94 34 10-9 Penn

2 110 28 10-9 Penn

3 55 43 10-9 Penn

4 57 55 10-10

5 63 96 10-9 Edgar

Total 373 263

49-47 Penn

6 posts and UMAD already.

Let me quote Bj for you real kwik,

" A good fighter would win each round by decision, a great fighter would end the fight right now"

Bj, could not do that to a younger, faster, lighter and more hungry fighter. His belt is now being worn by a Guinea from South River NJ while he has doggy style sex with his Jersey shore hairspray girlfriend while he sports 2 black eyes and pumps his fists repeatedly.

Nah not mad homie. just makin my point. proof is in the pudding. seems that people who make a living scoring fights see it the same way. and if frankie was a younger faster lighter and more hungry fighter he would of put bj away like a real champion. Not squeak out a undeserved win. And taking a fighters pre fight hype and quoting only shows the depth of you fight knowledge.