the un official workout thread

podrido

there should be a people of 24 hour fitness website. I see weird shit everytime I go.

go on youtube and search for planet fitness. you'll find the guy who flipped out and threw a weight at the mirror and flipped over a bunch of shit when the staff told him to stop 'dropping' his weights.

its great.

*edit

here it is

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
If you do a search in this thread for "Convict Conditioning", it's posted. A few people are doing it and seeing results.

Someone else posted a link to a site called "bodyweight culture". Good stuff in there, as well.

Shithot lad. I just spent an hour odd digging through bodyweightculture.com. Some good stuff in there. Thanks

PD imo the most brutal core workout for obliques/abs is a planche routine. side-front-side. as for the lower back muscles ... deadlifts pwn.

wait, what...

i think maybe you mean...plank?

because when i think of planche think this...planche3.jpg

and when i google "planche routine" all i get is stuff about how to get in good enough shape to do planches or planche push ups

i had my planche on lock in HS and could crank out a grip of tucked planche push-ups

i'm trying to get back to that and then take it to the next level

Once again Lord Casek coming through with the goods.

So as I ain't a total leech here's a lil goodness I thought I'd share with y'all. Not exactly exercise but very related, actually surprised that there hasn't been a thread made for this yet.

http://fliiby.com/file/16566/2cl5iochfj.html

Nutrition for dummies Ebook download.

Thanks for this. Will be giving it a look over. Right now I'm on a high ass protein diet

trying to add more muscle.

Cali: Shoot for it now. No time like the present.

quick. work out people...

whats the fastest most efficient way to work on a miniature beer belly.

i would think sit-ups but....idk.

cardio. sit ups strengthen the muscle, muscle which will be hiding behind the fat.

long walks, jogging, swimming, etc. to lose fat. also, diet. lower your carb intake.

no wheats, sugars, etc.

wait, what...

i think maybe you mean...plank?

because when i think of planche think this...planche3.jpg

and when i google "planche routine" all i get is stuff about how to get in good enough shape to do planches or planche push ups

i had my planche on lock in HS and could crank out a grip of tucked planche push-ups

i'm trying to get back to that and then take it to the next level

Yeah I was a little vague here.

what I'm talking about is a routine alternating between a forearm planche (plank? I dunno I've always called em planche...) leaning on either side and the push up style one with your toes still on the ground.

Plank1.jpg

and these

Side_Plank.jpg

done on left side and right side

I try and do each exercise for 45 seconds or so, two or three reps each

hmmm not sure why my images don't show up, but my work blocks google image search ... scheisse

Cali: Shoot for it now. No time like the present.

yeah, thats what the book said, to start right away, but i want to start after my birthday. no point in eating cake and ice cream and then hitting the gym to do the 6 power moves. My goal is to be at or around step 7 or 8 for all the power moves by the beginning of march (a couple weeks before spring starts), so that will give me a good six months to work on it.

hopefully by then, i will be in good shape for my vacation in the foreign country im going to.:)

ive lifted at planet fitness before, its not bad. and they dont throw you out. just dont go crazy.

and regarding the 6' 155lbs, i ran 32 miles in 3 days in the mountains last week, and i average about 50 miles a week. i eat 3 major meals a day until i cant fit anything else in without puking, so food isnt an issue... haha. i just have a runners build, and its the month before the season starts so im at my lowest weight of the year. and besides, theres a kid on the team whos 5'7 and weighs about 95lbs. HES fucking skinny, but then again he can also run a 5k in under 17 minutes.

as for a system ... maybe start with a full body routine hitting each group with 1 or 2 exercises a few times a week and see how that goes ?

you mean work entire body in one trip? i dont think thats gonna work, im not a stranger to lifting, and im not going to snap in half if i spend a hour or so on upper body :lol:

and sure casek, pm me whatever that is that you said youd pm.

i think maybe metro was eluding to a HST type program.

my favorite template is the west side template with lots of variations

basically its 2 bench days a week, 2 lower days a week.

1 max upper, 1 repetition or dynamic upper, 1 max effort lower, 1 dynamic lower

just google 'west side for skinny bastards'

its the way to go in my opinion

Dynamic= speed

Max effort = heavy 1-3 rep max

Reptition= max reps with lighter weight, or body building style 8-15 reps. Usually used on assistance work after main lifts

Google the template I was talking about and you'll figure it out quick

Generally you devote one day to speed bench, 1 day to max effort bench, 1 day to max dead or squat, 1 day speed squat

All with the obligatory assistance work for the lift that hits the weak muscles in the lift

gotchya.

il look into it tomorrow, need some sleep before tomorrows race.

wish me luck, i need to do bad enough so that i can easily shave 3 minutes off the first race time by the end of the season, and letter in cross country. so ima shoot for a nice 24-25 minute 5k :lol: