the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

awesome topic you guys are on...

nh

lemme throw this out there, maybe we can have a civil conversation and gain some knowledge.

try to delve maybe into the mental side of what were doing.

whats your reason?

nh but us as men, i know the testosterone is why we want to be bigger stronger etc, why we (men) are doing what we do and for what reasons.

Specifically what is yours though?

ima leave that link, if atleast a couple of you are willing to have a real sit down, im willing to type my heart out.

this is a topic i think hits real close to home, survival of the fittest is in our instincts.

embrace that shit.

• Like 1

im trying to get back in shape , when i was living in south africa i used to play a lot of rugby so i was pretty fit and healthy ,i swam a lot and ran a lot and if i carried on id probably look a lot different than i do now. but when i moved over here to england i let go a lot granted i was 7 years old but shit all the food and crap to eat was so cheap it just kind of spiralled out of control i got to be about 10 stone at 9 then i slowed down started playing rugby again football various other things i got healthy again anf i wasnt such a fat little shit anymore.

13 14 i had lost a lot of weight got down to about 9 stone which for my size was pretty unhealthy so i started hitting the gym and focusing on my abs arms and mainly just trying to look like jason statham . got kicked out of school so no more rugby,P.E etc and was pretty much sitting around for 8 months just eating gaming and getting fat again.

went to a new school started all the same shit lost a bunch of weight was now 15 so it was easier to build muscle i got pretty decent in body shape and again kicked out of school .

so back to africa where all my friends had moved and i knew no body all i did was sit around living with my grama eating various un healthy food getting fat and painting.

came back a fat fuck again people are like whoah what happened i feel like shit so i start skipping meals etc and again i did the wrong things to get my weight down never toning up or going to the gym due to lack of funds. so since then ive kept a steady diet trying to eat healthy but once in a while ill eat too many bad things and chunk up again. for over a year ive been trying to stick to a proper exercise regime but every time i start seeing changes etc my right shoulder gives out and i cant seem to lift much more than 15kg on each arm.

doctor says just take these these and these see how you feel nothing works , so now im going to try just sticking to a cardio plan for a bit ,stop smoking as much and stick to the diet i have been but more religous . rice and fish is my friend and though it may taste boring after a few months it beats shitting out grease.

the only exercises ive been sticking too are push ups,angled push ups and ab crunches..but i doubt that will get rid of the love handels.

shit that videos pretty inspirational pissdrunk.props

nh

lemme throw this out there, maybe we can have a civil conversation and gain some knowledge.

whats your reason?

nh but us as men, i know the testosterone is why we want to be bigger stronger etc, why we (men) are doing what we do and for what reasons.

ima leave that link, if atleast a couple of you are willing to have a real sit down, im willing to type my heart out.

this is a topic i think hits real close to home, survival of the fittest is in our instincts.

embrace that shit.

Insomnia here. Guess I'll type for a few.

I got into it to improve my physique. Got really tired of being stuck in a skinny body

and decided to see if I had it in me to make the change.

Got into the combat aspects to fuck some dudes skull up. I think that part of it is dissipating these days, but it was a good goal to have when I had to have aggression

come out to push myself a little further. I've found that it's very easy to turn that part

on without having any specific person in mind.

I watched some guy jump over a wall that impressed my dad and thought about how I used to be able to jump over shit that was higher than my shoulders with ease. Then I got on a scale and realized I was the heaviest I've ever been in my life and that those jumps weren't coming back without some work. Thus, here I am 3 months later, stronger and lighter. Not nearly as aggravated, I sleep better and my pants that I used to buy a couple inches too large are actually loose again.

That's why.

this might sound lame but

i got into working out when i realized i was not in shape to be climbing 3-4 rooftops a night.

not easy ones obviously

that and my cardio was way off. now if i go on any mission i know for a fact that if i get into any chase. i am GONE real quick

i also look and feel way better. the best part about it is, you cant even tell im in shape. i look like a little ass dude

its really funny when i think about it

nh

whats your reason?

embrace that shit.

I don't want to hit 40 and be all 'what the fuck happened?'

I'm in my mid 20's

Best to keep on top of shit and stay in shape, both cardiovascularly and in terms of strength

Also I work in a career that is physically and mentally demanding, so being in shape makes my work life easier in that regard as well

• Like 1

Insomnia here. Guess I'll type for a few.

I got into it to improve my physique. Got really tired of being stuck in a skinny body

and decided to see if I had it in me to make the change.

Got into the combat aspects to fuck some dudes skull up. I think that part of it is dissipating these days, but it was a good goal to have when I had to have aggression

come out to push myself a little further. I've found that it's very easy to turn that part

on without having any specific person in mind.

the exact goal when you start may wear off fast, hence the tyson video (he was younger than me in half of most of those clips :lol:).

but the drive, when you find a good focus never stops.

its really addicting and not in a weights or steroids way.

I take into account the changes in my body, i look in the mirror and things like that you need to do, its jut as important as a doctor giving you a clean bill of health.

but health i think became the primary goal for me

i like being able to do something strenuous and then shortly after feel completely fine.

the more i do the easier it gets

BAR_lacoon_05.JPG

SIDE NOTE:

HIS DICK UNIT?

WTF? NH

He's actually a buddy of mine training for the iron man in a couple years... he wasn't really sayin specifics, just saying that your abs and your lower back muscles work together a lot and if one is slackin (odds are your lower back is) you'll have poor posture because your muscles will be tight in the front kinda pulling the rest of your torso together. If that makes sense?

got ya.

yeah i definitely see what he is saying.

i was curious if he was telling you any specific exercises.

dead lifting will cure any of these problems.

Any deltoid workout recommendations? Im sick of machines (i use the machine for my deltoids since im not too precise when it comes to the form for dumbells), gimme some free-weight tips.

standing military press is the king.

all sorts of laterals.

incline bench.

benching its self works the shoulders alot.

dips help.

consider hitting shoulder assistance work on your bench/chest day. dont over do it. just hit them hard with military press and/or laterals.

a super set or 2 or 3 of 45lb front plate raises, into sitting lateral raises, into sitting dumbell cleans into a half shoulder press should wear your shoulders the fuck out.

dont do this finisher to often or your body will get acclimated to it.

Unless you are have extremely low body fat and are looking for extra definition, ab specific workouts seem pointless. You get the same amount of work done on both your abs and back doing compound lifts with barbells and dumbbells. Although, doing ab workouts to see how much you can endure every now and then can be fun and humbling. Ab wheels hurt a lot.

i tend to agree, but also think ab work is important assistance work if you squat or dead lift.

ab wheel, weighted sit ups or weight ab pull downs... for a couple sets on squat day does the trick.

i agree... no need for 30 minutes of abs unless you are training for a bb competition

nh

whats your reason?

embrace that shit.

i want to lift heavy shit.

thats about it

everything is lighter than it used to be....hahaha

stomach fat....

i've wrestled with this since i started out really small with relatively high body fat. i have bad genetics. i'd like to get about 190 with 8% body fat eventually, but that isnt happening any time soon. i'd imagine i'd have to go up to atleast 225 or more to be able to cut down to that weight with that fat percentage.

i've done a few cycles over the last couple years got sort of high body fat 18% range and am at about 13% right now. not lean by body building standards at all, but....

if your ultimate goal is to get bigger...i'd say just go up about 20 lbs more than you want your goal weight to be, then cut slowly and see what happens.

its really bothering you though, cut back on some carbs and keep bulking. see if that helps a little or atleast stops the inner tube from inflating....

but honestly, ive had more 'progress' not worrying to much about the details and just eating a lot, conditioning a lot and lifting a lot.

i havent done any long cardio for a while. just been sled dragging in short bursts a couple times a week and doing a few high rep exercises real fast and complexes at the end of my weight training

Thanks, all.

The main thing that gets me is being in a skinny body for so long and getting

this kind of stomach fat. It's disconcerting.

What really fucks with me is that I still see myself as a skinny guy in the mirror.

No, I don't pose. Just looking at myself after a shower I see a skinny guy, now with

some pudge in the stomach. It's as hard, I imagine, as a fat person who gets slim.

They still see a fat person in the mirror.

hill running is nice. it will wear your ass out.

i have put a few log rounds on the home made sled i have and pulled it before. but i usually drag it empty and try to sprint as fast and hard as i can. my guess is it weighs somewhere in the 120-140 range empty. maybe less, im not sure, its so awkward to pick up, i dont really know what it weighs. and if you turn it side ways, it actually cuts into my driveway (gravel/dirt/whatever) making it almost twice as hard to pull.