the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

protein supplements... my thoughts are about like this... taste comes second, the most important factor of protein supplements is does it have fiber, BCAAs and what kind of protein (whey, casein). But if you want to talk about great tasting proteins, I would say cyto sports muscle milk has the best, all of their flavors are kick ass!

I wouldnt consider myself a body builder by anyones standard. I do however drink one casein protein shake between meals and before bed ( providing a steady flow of protein all day). I also have a whey protein for post workout. Its pretty critical in the muscle building process, the faster you can get some kind of protein in the better after a workout.

there was some ginger 12 year old running with us this morning, we were doing a new route and he was the only one who had pockets. so we let him be in charge of navigation. well, a 4 mile run tuned into a 7.5 mile run. never trust a fucking ginger.

protein shakes make it easier for you to cram down an ass load of protein much easier if you arent used to eating a chicken breast 5 times a day. body builders type also swear by a 'post workout shake' to have the protein get sucked into your pumped muscles

this is what ive read, and despite all the research sugesting the importance of a freakish amount of protein intake, i keep runing into people who want to debate the issue and say you can achieve a significant growth in muscle mass without the massive protein intake. Be it porkchop, suplement, or otherwise. So im interested to know how important you guys feel it is for the body building process anectdotally speaking as i realize there arent too many nutritionists or doctors on the oz.

acer check out the born free video from MIA its got running and gingers (gingers getting killed) haha. I have been on unkown distance runs those are the worst.

factory- to me I know there is a cap on how much protein you can take in... I have heard everything from 1 gram per lb that you weigh and I have heard 2 grams per. I take in as much as i can so i know i reach that cap (or at least i am trying). I have not read/heard of anything suggesting that to much protein can be bad. I guess its like you have a gas tank that you are not sure of how much gas you can fill it with. So what I try to do is just over fill it.

this is what ive read, and despite all the research sugesting the importance of a freakish amount of protein intake, i keep runing into people who want to debate the issue and say you can achieve a significant growth in muscle mass without the massive protein intake. Be it porkchop, suplement, or otherwise. So im interested to know how important you guys feel it is for the body building process anectdotally speaking as i realize there arent too many nutritionists or doctors on the oz.

i know for a fact most nutritionists dont buy into massive protein intake. they say you just piss it all out. i tend to disagree. i just know that i've had better results getting atleast 1 g per body weight per day than when i didnt eat this amount of protein. when i first started lifting i only consumed a normal american's diet in a day and simply added a protein shake in at breakfast. when i started actually eating a lot of protein i got much bigger and more muscle. i think some of the guys who talk about eating 300 grams plus a day and only weighing 130 are in la la land. but im fine with 1-1.5 grams of protein a day per pound of body weight.

as for the post work out shake... i dont really buy the hype. i think as long as you get protein and calories in after a work out you are good. although i usually do drink a shake after a work out while im preparing an actual meal.

google maps now has a pedometer feature for runners.

sweet, il send that to my coach.

hes thinking about cutting my mileage, ive been complaining about my ankles. but my logic is of course they are going to hurt, i went from running MAYBE 2 miles a week to running almost 10 times that a week.

i convinced him to let me stay in the 4-5 mile group for the rest of the week, and if my ankles still hurt after a 3 day rest hel cut me down.

I used to get shin splints really bad, but for some reason they went away. I hear people say you just gotta break 'em in.

True and not true... Shin splints can turn into stress fractures if A) you dont develop that muscle in-front of your shin B) if you just push through it and say fuck the pain. if you stretch them before and after running it will help build that muscle and thus they will start to go away.

i think i was 145 when i started getting serious. went up to 190-195, cut down to 170. hovering around 180 right now. probably gonna try to go to 200-210 this winter. if all goes well.

Wow. Huge weight shift.

Found on reddit/fitness

Build Muscle On a Budget

http://stronglifts.com/build-muscle-on-a-budget-the-10-cheapest-sources-of-protein/

12 Steps to a Bigger Bench

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/efs-classic-12-steps-to-a-bigger-bench/

Wow. Huge weight shift.

Found on reddit/fitness

Build Muscle On a Budget

http://stronglifts.com/build-muscle-on-a-budget-the-10-cheapest-sources-of-protein/

12 Steps to a Bigger Bench

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/efs-classic-12-steps-to-a-bigger-bench/

thanks man.

i'll peep the first one. i've seen the second.

i like this series the best from elite...

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/part-iii-so-you-think-you-can-bench/

i read the logs every day on the site

im waiting to see part 4.

No problem. Thanks for that "so you think you can bench" article. I'm gonna read through parts 1 and 2.

Looking for an opinion here, and I probably should have asked a while back:

I'm 5'5 and about 140. What weight should I be looking to go up to? I really

don't think I'd look right going up to 165+. I don't want that Napoleon complex/

bulldog look some shorter guys I've seen seem to have.

Basically, what I'm looking for is someone to model myself after that matches my

size but doesn't look like a freak.

here's a buddy of mine.

he's between 5'5 and 5'6, pushing 160.

i hate him cuz he was a fat kid for awhile there, so he's had to slim down a few pounds to look jacked.

not trying to take anything away from his routine though, dude pretty much lives at the gym.

napoleoncomplexoner.

34103_10150205214945246_527715245_13435220_1105668_n.jpg

i'm working the opposite way.

5'7 and started at 140 this time last year, now i'm 155 aiming for 160.

having the metabolism of an 8 year old azn kid means i've had to eat A LOT though to see any gains.

anyway. nothing too insightful, just thought i'd add my $0.02... hope the picture kinda helps.

i eat at least one can of tuna everyday....i know i know....i probably already have mercury poisoning...lol...oh well.

on another note, i feel bad about posting in here tonight.....i had cheese pizza and now im skipping out on going to the gym tonight.

i eat at least one can of tuna everyday....i know i know....i probably already have mercury poisoning...lol...oh well.

on another note, i feel bad about posting in here tonight.....i had cheese pizza and now im skipping out on going to the gym tonight.

BOO THIS MAN!!!:lol: :lol:

I'm thinkin about a prison/jail workout, everyone I know who gets out after some time is a lot bigger and cut. Besides I'm kind of sick Of trying to find a legit job and sleeping on peoples floors or at the water front... I think I need a vacation in the pen, for real!

if you want the prison/jail workout, do burpees and download that convict conditioning book that casek uploaded a few pages back.

oh yeah factory, certain fish have more mercury than other fish...bigger fish have higher level of mercury.

(whales for example have the highest levels of mercury...watch the movie "the cove"...it shows the high mercury levels of some japanese people that have eaten whale.)

Cali- my only web access is cell phone and its not good for anything but shit.

Anyways yes that casek prison/jail workout I guess he posted I would love to check out before I get myself locked up, I'll have a head start on the routines and not have to suck anyone off to find that shit out.

A pm of that link or info would be highly appreciated.