Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the un official workout thread

i will be back to lifting and a regular routine in under 2 weeks. so ready to have a normal sleep/eat/gym schedule...

anybody have much home gym equipment? or know of any brands of shit that just suck and should be avoided?

i'm watching CL and it seems like i can make my basement a very full functioning gym for under 500 (weights/bench ~$150, exercise bike ~$200, plus rings and some other junk).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit you fools still at this thread?

since i started this thing ive fucked up both wrists

riped muscle on 2 ribs both on each side

slipped a disc

and pinched a nerve.

i dont do free weights anymore i havent done them since 2008 ish

no i just crossfit, been doing that shit for a while now

my maxs arent very high since i keep hurting myself every time i peak

deadlift 245

bench 205

squat 275

press 125

push press 175

push jerk 200

i cant take supplements or proteins they all make me fart way to much, my car already smells like swamp.

since my last injury tho ive been taking it real light, im almost 30 and shits getting really real. so i just been conditioning real hard.

i eat mostly a paleo based diet, but not strict

im a small dude 5'7 145 pounds

been trying to gain since last month. eating like a beast but nothing...

i will be back to lifting and a regular routine in under 2 weeks. so ready to have a normal sleep/eat/gym schedule...

anybody have much home gym equipment? or know of any brands of shit that just suck and should be avoided?

i'm watching CL and it seems like i can make my basement a very full functioning gym for under 500 (weights/bench ~$150, exercise bike ~$200, plus rings and some other junk).

homie do not buy an exercise bike. either buy a real bike, or run outside. running outside will get your cardio and metabolism up way higher than any treadmill exercise bike you can buy.

all you need at home is a bench, which you can incline and decline with that special part that allows you to do leg lifts etc etc and a pull up bar.

rings? unless you're going to be doing muscle ups i wouldnt buy rings, id invest in a strong bar to do pullups on, just a regular metal bar you can anchor to something.

id get a speed rope, to do jump rope with and practice to get down double unders.

so bench metal bar and speed rope should run you something around 300$ with the weights. i think 200 pounds worth. you might also want to get a 45 pound bar and not the little tiny ones that come with the bench. and maybe another bar to do preacher curls with.

this is me assuming you're going to be doing traditional free weight exercises

Man it's fuckin weird... So i'll be benching my max.. and some little high school kid comes in next to me with what looks like hardly any muscle mass and starts benching my max like a breeze.

Sooo frustrating.. it must just come easier to some. And I bet sure as shit little boy wonder has never done a squat in his life.

i stopped lifting a couple weeks ago..i miss it too..i will hopefully get back into lifting by winter this year.

I stopped lifting bc of boxing, but if i can't find a gym in Israel I might start up again. On wednesday I'm going to start yoga at both my boxing and friend who's a weight trainer's advice. This could be great or terrible, we'll see.

At the very least i'll be checking out the milfs.

Last week recap...

Foam roll, mobility and stretching before each workout

Max upper/bench

floor press worked up to 245x3

close grip incline 135x18, 135x14

pendlay rows worked up to 205x3

rear flyes pinkies up 25x10x3 sets superset with barbell shrugs 315x10x3 sets

rolling tricep ext superset w/ curls 45x12x3 sets

dynamic/speed lower

box squat 50% max 10 sets of 2 (185x10setsx2 reps) fast as possible

rack pulls from knee worked up to 485x1

pull throughs superset w pull down abs

sled drag x lots

speed upper/rep upper

bench 50% max 8 sets x 3 reps w/ mini bands

finished w/ 3 sets dc style bench. ( slow negatives, 20-30 secs between sets) 185x9, 185x7, 185x3

dips bw + 45 lbs x 13

standing military strict 115x10x3

Kroc rows 85x16x3

tricep superset 25lbx10x3 incline extensions, Tate press, jm press, tricep ladder

gun show/curls. 21's

max lower

squat

bar x lots

95x8

135x5

185x5

225x3

245x3

275x3

315x3

partial rdl 135x20x3

leg press strip set 8 plates per side x 8, 7 plates x 10, down to platform only x 15

sat on ground for a while

abs x tons

Also did jump rope a few times over the week

homie do not buy an exercise bike. either buy a real bike, or run outside. running outside will get your cardio and metabolism up way higher than any treadmill exercise bike you can buy.

all you need at home is a bench, which you can incline and decline with that special part that allows you to do leg lifts etc etc and a pull up bar.

rings? unless you're going to be doing muscle ups i wouldnt buy rings, id invest in a strong bar to do pullups on, just a regular metal bar you can anchor to something.

id get a speed rope, to do jump rope with and practice to get down double unders.

so bench metal bar and speed rope should run you something around 300$ with the weights. i think 200 pounds worth. you might also want to get a 45 pound bar and not the little tiny ones that come with the bench. and maybe another bar to do preacher curls with.

this is me assuming you're going to be doing traditional free weight exercises

i do ride, mountain i like exercise bikes for the convenience of a quick 20 minute killer before shower and bed. (i can push my cardio and metabolism pretty hard on a stationary bike, but agreed, its not the same as riding).

most of what i do is crossfit oriented stuff. but also traditional free-weights.

i use rings for pushups, i use my climbing holds and bar for pull up exercises.

if you haven't done ring pushups/elevated pushups i highly recommend you try it.

edit/addition: i also run 5 days a week. i have my eyes on the gym equipment i do because i have an established workout system that works quite well for myself, and want the convenience of not having to drive to the gym.

yeah i guess if you have the room rings are good, you can get a nice range of motion by adjusting the heights and also do dips on em.

basement gym sounds nice. all my shits tucked in the corner with the bikes.

I stopped lifting bc of boxing, but if i can't find a gym in Israel I might start up again. On wednesday I'm going to start yoga at both my boxing and friend who's a weight trainer's advice. This could be great or terrible, we'll see.

At the very least i'll be checking out the milfs.

i think yoga is a good idea...if i had time, i would do yoga....especially to improve my flexibility.

i think yoga is a good idea...if i had time, i would do yoga....especially to improve my flexibility.

i'll never do it, but i know it's good after my 6' 300lb sasquatch started doing back bends and shit. i'm athletic as hell and dont think i've ever been able to do 1.. i've also never tried

:lol:

i propped you...that was good timing.

and yes...yoga = milfs

wait till they do a position called "the downward dog"

i love that shit!

So I watched this movie couples retreat ...they got a yoga scene in it... are you guys saying its like that? If so that shits outa control and I dont know why shit loads of creeps (myself included) are not already up on this shit.

yeah casek i figured that much, judging from the quality of your post/thread content. but if you came in here with "im gonna be 22" i would have quit the internetz

If you saw me in public with a shaved face and a hat on you might be able to mistake me for 22.

i have never tried yoga, and for some reason when i see yoga classes its almost always old people.

maybe the gym ones are better.

todays workout

pullups

pushups

situps

squats

39:25 a little slow, long day.

i have never tried yoga, and for some reason when i see yoga classes its almost always old people.

maybe the gym ones are better.

todays workout

pullups

pushups

situps

squats

39:25 a little slow, long day.

that's fuckin dope, sounds like my kind of workout.

so has anyone been doing the Convict Conditioning from the e-book that Casek uploaded?

i've been doing it for a few weeks now and was gonna post my progress if anyone else has been doing it as well.