the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I started training in Muay thai after a 15 month break. I'm training 2-3 times a day + a 7km run at night. 6 days in.

Surprisingly skipping has taken its toll on me the most. My calves constantly aching, especially when I get out of bed in the morning.

Can you over stretch a muscle?

I stretch my calves before and after every session or run, when I awake and prior to sleeping. The pain only eases when I'm about 5 mins into a run/session.

Could I just be over training? (The only thing I've been doing the last 2 months is run every 2nd day)

Feels good to be back.

One of my boys bitched out on the P90X.. and his first words to me were "Dont question my dedication" :lol:

Any recommendations on supplements for faster metabolism? I usually take these green tea extract pills but they're not doing the job quite fast. It works, but I kinda expected more.

Oh, and recently just got on that Syntha-6... shit is pretty good mayngggggggg. N.O.-Xplode for pre-workout as well, BSN products never let me down.

who has experience with injury rehab?

i was rear ended last monday.... (sitting at a red light, was smashed in the rear end by a dodge ram 2500 D-dog going 50 miles an hour, ended up in a 4 car pile up)

im sore all over. neck is in fairly good shape now. low back pain is minimal now. headaches from concussion are tolerable now. i have pretty bad rotator cuff/shoulder pain on and off when i raise my arm to parallel to the floor or above. bruises are all about healed up.

i've been foam rolling and doing light slow sled dragging.

im gonna try to get back to lifting something tomorrow.

i think im going to switch a quasi DC style training for a while since i dont want to go heavy and i'll concentrate on volume and repetition. since my shoulder is f'd i think im gonna try light dumbbell presses for my bench movement with a neutral grip. this hasnt affected a screwed shoulder in the past, so here is to hoping. i might have to resort to a machine which i dont want to. im not going to go heavy on squats as i dont want to stress my CNS to bad. definitely not doing a dead lift movement for a while till im healed up more.

any advice????

Go to physical therapy?

im on this....

24qo1l4.jpg

at first, i took two during the day and i couldnt go to sleep at night. Now i make sure i work out during the morning when i get off work.

Pretty much gives you constant energy. Ill be working out for a long time and i feel like my energy is still there. I like how it doesnt have a "crash" at the end, where all of a sudden you are really tired and want to go to sleep.

I see the results the next day.

@angelofdeath

from a physical therapist,

I will give you this advice

rest those injuries a lot

keep them working, basically trying to function normally (without pushing yourself i.e. no weights other than the normal things youd be lifting.)

ice yourself down if youre really sore at night

and give your self adequate time.

rushing it will make it worse, seriously, rushing it is by far the worst thing you can do.

compounding the injury.

soreness and injury (sometimes and most commonly) happen from a workout or an active lifestyle but how you maintain yourself in the down time has a serious effect on how you gain strength.

a broken muscle doesnt work out as hard as a healthy muscle.

One of my boys bitched out on the P90X.. and his first words to me were "Dont question my dedication" :lol:

Any recommendations on supplements for faster metabolism? I usually take these green tea extract pills but they're not doing the job quite fast. It works, but I kinda expected more.

Oh, and recently just got on that Syntha-6... shit is pretty good mayngggggggg. N.O.-Xplode for pre-workout as well, BSN products never let me down.

dude syntha 6 made my farts smell fucking horride... to much lactate in there.. i switched to ON gold standard whey and casein proteins... way less stinky..but yeah NO xplode is the shit... try jack3d that shit is a pretty intense pre workout drink also

BARBELL COMPLEXES!

Holy shit! Those just annihilated me at the gym today after doing deadlifts.

First time doing them and ONLY with the barbell. I did 3 sets similar to this...

dude i tried to prop you again on this not knowing i proped you already. I been doing this ever since you posted it... im up to adding 30lbs to the bar and im going for 40 next week. Shit is super intense and is a great way to start/end my workouts. Any other shits like this ya got up your sleeve?

dude syntha 6 made my farts smell fucking horride... to much lactate in there.. i switched to ON gold standard whey and casein proteins... way less stinky..but yeah NO xplode is the shit... try jack3d that shit is a pretty intense pre workout drink also

haha, never happened to me.. not like i smell my farts or anything.

i heard jack3d tastes like pure sewer water though, ive seen some meatheads take that shit with warm water or some shit lol or maybe it was just really really cold, hence the smoke.

and T4M*, i would try zantrex-3 but im not sure if its going to co-exist well with the NO-xplode in my stomach.. we'll see though.

first run since i started that i felt good about. the week before was a light week, and i missed practice monday and tuesday. so i guess it took a week of light runs, then 5 days off to fully "recharge" (the word escapes me at the moment). its odd because i felt fine to run friday, i guess my muscles dont really do too well at judging.

I started training in Muay thai after a 15 month break. I'm training 2-3 times a day + a 7km run at night. 6 days in.

Surprisingly skipping has taken its toll on me the most. My calves constantly aching, especially when I get out of bed in the morning.

Can you over stretch a muscle?

I stretch my calves before and after every session or run, when I awake and prior to sleeping. The pain only eases when I'm about 5 mins into a run/session.

Could I just be over training? (The only thing I've been doing the last 2 months is run every 2nd day)

Feels good to be back.

Im thinking bout jumping into my 1st muay thai class. looks waaaay intense just from from the warm up's i see i don't even know if i can stretch as far as some of those dudes can ha. I finally getting back to jiu jitsu(GB CHicago) and it feels great. 1 more stripe till my blue.

JUST FINISHED CONVICT CONDITIONING.

DEFINITELY COOL.

I WAS KINDA TURNED OFF BY STARTING AT THE 1ST EXCERCISES FOR THE BIG 6 BECAUSE IM PRETTY FAR PAST THAT STAGE ALREADY MYSELF.

BUT IM GOING TO GO THROUGH START TO FINISH.

I am so damn curious about what results those who stick with CC for a couple of months get.

Almost tempted to drop weights (I've talked and thought about it) and do the whole program for a few months.

Im thinking bout jumping into my 1st muay thai class. looks waaaay intense just from from the warm up's i see i don't even know if i can stretch as far as some of those dudes can ha. I finally getting back to jiu jitsu(GB CHicago) and it feels great. 1 more stripe till my blue.

Back when i took Aikido we did some hard stretching too but after a month I could stretch like them. It takes time, but being flexible was nice.

im on this....

24qo1l4.jpg

at first, i took two during the day and i couldnt go to sleep at night. Now i make sure i work out during the morning when i get off work.

Pretty much gives you constant energy. Ill be working out for a long time and i feel like my energy is still there. I like how it doesnt have a "crash" at the end, where all of a sudden you are really tired and want to go to sleep.

I see the results the next day.

I want to lose about 9 pounds. I'm currently 6 foot and 174lbs. I am eating very well. Cereal + fruit + yoghurt for breakfast (I assume the calorie content in this is huge). Toast + salad with tuna for lunch and dinner. And apples/bananas and granola bars to snack on + lots of tea. My serving sizes are too big beacause of my crazy apetite. I am constantly hungry and I get massive food cravings.

If I take the above product, will the extremely high cafeine content/high HR ruin my cardio sessions? I am currently running for about 35 mins daily and 3 hours of Muay thai.

Will I get majorly fatigued because my body wont be able to properly shut down to repair itself?

Will I just get gassed quicker and burn out?

Anyone have any other tips to supress hunger besides, lots of water, flax seeds, nuts, apples etc?

eat 5 or 6 meals a day. try to limit your carbs to sweet potatoes, oats, and brown rice. eat a lot of protein with every meal. If you are fat and hungry all the time, you probably have a stretched out stomach from eating massive meals. Try to limit your meals with carbs/fruit and dairy stuff to earlier in the day, like your first 3 meals. you should be eating every 2-3 hours as well. Obviously if you are eating 6 times a day the meals should be smaller than what you are probably used to eating for a meal. Drink protein shakes after workouts. that shit counts as one of your meals too. Protein with every meal, limit carbs and dairy, and pound salads and veggies. You can eat shitloads of those.