the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i think yoga is a good idea...if i had time, i would do yoga....especially to improve my flexibility.

i'll never do it, but i know it's good after my 6' 300lb sasquatch started doing back bends and shit. i'm athletic as hell and dont think i've ever been able to do 1.. i've also never tried

:lol:

i propped you...that was good timing.

and yes...yoga = milfs

wait till they do a position called "the downward dog"

i love that shit!

So I watched this movie couples retreat ...they got a yoga scene in it... are you guys saying its like that? If so that shits outa control and I dont know why shit loads of creeps (myself included) are not already up on this shit.

yeah casek i figured that much, judging from the quality of your post/thread content. but if you came in here with "im gonna be 22" i would have quit the internetz

If you saw me in public with a shaved face and a hat on you might be able to mistake me for 22.

i have never tried yoga, and for some reason when i see yoga classes its almost always old people.

maybe the gym ones are better.

todays workout

pullups

pushups

situps

squats

39:25 a little slow, long day.

that's fuckin dope, sounds like my kind of workout.

so has anyone been doing the Convict Conditioning from the e-book that Casek uploaded?

i've been doing it for a few weeks now and was gonna post my progress if anyone else has been doing it as well.

Fuck, yoga feels great once you are finished, but I hate the shit out of that shit.

It's the most sweat producing workout I've ever done. Maybe just as bad as an hour of plyometric shit.

MAR, you from Israel?

On my way there in a couple more months.

so has anyone been doing the Convict Conditioning from the e-book that Casek uploaded?

i've been doing it for a few weeks now and was gonna post my progress if anyone else has been doing it as well.

Let's hear it. I'm curious about someone who uses that exclusively.

That's up for debate. Maybe on a small scale you can, but you are not going to put on 20 lb of muscle then lose 20 lb of fat.

If you are trying to get big but putting on to much body fat try reducing carbs and still bulk. Or quit bulking all together and cut off the fat. Keep trying to lift heavy.

I droppded 20 lb this spring by only cutting carbs out of my supper and doing more conditioning and cardio.

Been doing it close to everyday for 3 weeks. 50 push ups 50 leg raises 50 squats 50 jumping jacks and running.

I have noticed a vast improvement in my arms. Definition has increased. Overall I just feel a whole lot stronger. I got more work to do. But I'm keeping this up. Best routine I've used.

Gym yoga is a joke. It might be a good place to start so you can get over whatever fear, anxiety, or story you have about it all.

But go to a real studio. The personal instruction on the breathing and poses is invaluable.

Try hot vinyasa flow for a real workout.

Or Bikram if you want to die.

Gym yoga is a joke. It might be a good place to start so you can get over whatever fear, anxiety, or story you have about it all.

But go to a real studio. The personal instruction on the breathing and poses is invaluable.

Try hot vinyasa flow for a real workout.

Or Bikram if you want to die.

I'm not trying to become a yoga instructor, just doing it because my boxing coach told me to. That said there was enough attention paid by this instructor to both posing and breathing.

Is it possible to burn fat while still putting on muscle?

I've recently realized I'm developing a third roll......interval training starts today.

its possible to do, but very very difficult.

since you need to limit calories to lose weight, and you need excess calories to put on muscle effectively, these two things counter progress of each other.

my advice, break it up into two stages:

stage 1. lose fat with cardio and proper diet

stage 2. gain muscle with resistance training and proper diet.

just focus on one first, and then the other.

you will get better results this way.

I signed up for a marathon in December. Anyone got any advice? Shoes? Ways of training that worked for you? Any advice would be nice.

Holler

I have been on a 10 running team... provided it was not a marathon i did learn how to train for long distance running. We did an exercise called mile-repeat. go to a track run your 4 laps (1 mile) at a pace that is about 80% say that mile ends up being 6:30. After that mile jog 2 laps and repeat 6:30 mile. Do this for 5 "sets" so in total you 7 miles (5 for time, 2 miles at the slow job pace). This teaches you how to manage your pace once your heart rate is already through the roof. Being that your doing a marathon perhaps you would ideally want to build up do maybe doing 10 miles for time etc... WARNING this shit fucking sucks dude... it kicks your ass but works.. My mile times went from about 730 to 630 and i ended up running my 10 mile in 68 minutes (about 650ish mile time so it was close to what i trained for)