the un official workout thread

podrido

Anybody care to educate me on creatine?

Good?

Bad?

It can be good. Makes your muscles swell a little with waterweight, also gives a

boost to lifting. Will make your farts smell like creeping death. If not mixed properly,

you will shit (Montezuma's revenge type shits).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have been cycling on and off of "purple K" creatine since like marchish. I gained maybe 3-5 lbs of water weight (which is not to bad considering its creatine) and saw the same strength gains as say "BSN's cell mass" (which i used a few years ago). They say you take 1-2 capsules before and after workout... dont plan on sleeping if you sleep after the gym because that shit will make you piss for what seems like every 15 minutes for like 2 hours. Pretty much all creatine will do that though.

is there any scientific proof behind the fact that i run better towards the end of the day instead of the morning? I think its because my legs are loose from daily activities, whereas for cross country practices i wake up, and in 15 minutes im starting a 4 miles run. i stretch a little before hand, but still. i think its better to run in the evening.

ive logged all my runs on logarun.com and all the runs i do in the evening i perform MUCH better then the ones in the morning.

for example, last monday i ran 3 miles at 730am and did them at a pace of 8:30 a mile.

then the next day i ran 5 miles at 8pm, and did them at about a 6:45 pace.

is there any scientific proof behind the fact that i run better towards the end of the day instead of the morning? I think its because my legs are loose from daily activities, whereas for cross country practices i wake up, and in 15 minutes im starting a 4 miles run. i stretch a little before hand, but still. i think its better to run in the evening.

ive logged all my runs on logarun.com and all the runs i do in the evening i perform MUCH better then the ones in the morning.

for example, last monday i ran 3 miles at 730am and did them at a pace of 8:30 a mile.

then the next day i ran 5 miles at 8pm, and did them at about a 6:45 pace.

Log what you ate... Im thinking maybe you didnt have enough carbs for your morning runs and just didnt have the fuel. On your evening runs maybe you took in enough carbs throughout the day and thus performed better. This is purely a guess... anyone else got anything this is pretty interesting.

im not sure if its mental or not... but i always notice stuff like acer is talking about with my lifting.

it seems my body is conditioned to a certain time a day to lift. if i lift at night instead of afternoon, i seem much weaker.

I've read that 6:00 PM is the optimal time for lifting.

Here's Pavel's push up program.

Pushup Routine

To do the routine first you have to find out the maximum number of reps you can do in pushups. After finding out your max, you will do a percentage of this number for your workout.

Week1

Mon test your max, 30% every 60 minutes

Tue 50% every 60 minutes

Wed 60% every 45 minutes

Thurs 25% every 60 minutes

Friday 45% every 30 minutes

Saturday 40% every 60 minutes

Sunday 20% every 90 minutes

Week2

Mon test your max again, 35% every 45 minutes

Tue 55% every 20 minutes

Wed 30% 15 minutes

Thurs 65% every 60 minutes

Friday 35% every 45 minutes

Saturday 45% every 60 minutes

Sunday 25% every 120 minutes

Week3

Test max

I refuse to acknowledge all of your posts until you watch This Boy's Life. Especially since you are from Concrete.

how dare you insinuate i hail from a inbred logging community. i was born on the east coast, only spent a year and a half living in concrete (and technically it was rockport, but i could see concretes giant concrete silos from my house)

edit:now that i look at it on netflix, i think ive seen it. but i just remember watching some movie that involved that city. and i cant imagine theres too many movies with concrete washington as the setting...

and now that you mention it, the food is exactly what the problem is. i dont eat before my morning runs because with this heat and humidity, eating within 2 hours before a run is a recipe for disaster. and il be damned if im waking up at 430 every morning just to have breakfast.

how dare you insinuate i hail from a inbred logging community. i was born on the east coast, only spent a year and a half living in concrete (and technically it was rockport, but i could see concretes giant concrete silos from my house)

edit:now that i look at it on netflix, i think ive seen it. but i just remember watching some movie that involved that city. and i cant imagine theres too many movies with concrete washington as the setting...

and now that you mention it, the food is exactly what the problem is. i dont eat before my morning runs because with this heat and humidity, eating within 2 hours before a run is a recipe for disaster. and il be damned if im waking up at 430 every morning just to have breakfast.

Well maybe if you eat a shit load of complex and simple carbs the night before you might perform a bit better... I used to be on a 10 mile running team and I would start carbing up usually about 36 hours before the event.

il look into that during the season, these workouts arent mandatory so i can always just skip the morning one and run in the evening if i feel like it. but then again, i dont get to hang around with ~15 sweaty, good looking runner girls after if i run in the evening... :D

it was the deciding factor between cross country and lacrosse, i must admit.

of all the non team sports (i guess you could say running and cycling is a team sport, but you cant play football by yourself. but you can run and ride by yourself) i think runners sit the best with the ladies. girls think all cyclists shave their legs, and that all lifters resemble the cast of the jersey shore. but they all want you to take them jogging so they stay skinny.

edit: forgot about swimmers, i think they top the list. (im not a swimmer, so i wouldnt know)

im not sure if its mental or not... but i always notice stuff like acer is talking about with my lifting.

it seems my body is conditioned to a certain time a day to lift. if i lift at night instead of afternoon, i seem much weaker.

I've read about this stuff. Late afternoon seems to be the best time for exercise because of an internal clock in our bodies called circadian rhythms. They control sleep patterns, blood pressure, etc. They also control body temperature, which raises throughout the day and into the afternoon, and then it starts to decline again. In the afternoon your body temp is a few degrees warmer, making your muscles more supple and functioning better, decreasing your risk of injury as well.

epson salt... bath them shins in that shit and ice them shits a lot. Also I can try to explain a stretch that KINDA works it wont be like stretching your quads but for some it works for others it does not. place your knees together on the ground and sit on your feet. your heels should be skyward and you should be sitting on them while the tops of your toes should be flat on the ground. Once your in that position place your hands behind yourself as far as you can and start to lean back you should feel the stretch right over the top of the shins. I hope that made sense...

• Like 1

it doesnt do anything for me, ive got super archy feet and the shoes i run in have insoles that are made for people with large arches and i dont think it can get any archier.

im thinking it might just be my body getting used to running ~20 miles a week. atleast i hope so.

Well shoes can make a HUGE difference. I know there is a shop here that will film you running on a treadmill and do some science stuff to give you the best shoe for your style of running. Maybe you guys might be lucky enough to have a similar shop in your local areas to do the same thing. Lower back pain could be a number of things... shoes being one of them, posture, the surface your running on, and if your fat around the waist that could be part of the problem too.

Awesome post casek I owe you a prop for that shit!!

Scooby is very knowledgeable. I look up to people like him.

Dude is goofy, though.

As for that chick....wow. That little smirk she gives dude when

she starts whooping his ass makes me weak in the knee area.

Oh, yeah. Click an ad or two instead of giving me props.

Well shoes can make a HUGE difference. I know there is a shop here that will film you running on a treadmill and do some science stuff to give you the best shoe for your style of running. Maybe you guys might be lucky enough to have a similar shop in your local areas to do the same thing. Lower back pain could be a number of things... shoes being one of them, posture, the surface your running on, and if your fat around the waist that could be part of the problem too.

Awesome post casek I owe you a prop for that shit!!

its probably posture, that or the surface. we run on concrete, and the shoulder when i can. but id almost rather just suffer through the impact then risk rolling my ankle in a divet in the shoulder.

its probably posture, that or the surface. we run on concrete, and the shoulder when i can. but id almost rather just suffer through the impact then risk rolling my ankle in a divet in the shoulder.

Yeah i mean the shoulder is fine so long as the rocks and shit aint to big to where rolling your ankle becomes more likely. As far as posture goes Ive been told i have a weird posture when i run so I cant really give any decent advise in that area.

Yeah i mean the shoulder is fine so long as the rocks and shit aint to big to where rolling your ankle becomes more likely. As far as posture goes Ive been told i have a weird posture when i run so I cant really give any decent advise in that area.

where we run at, our "shoulder" is either someones yard so it isnt consistent or its the washed out area exposing the edge of the road (veeeery easy to fuck your ankle up if you arent paying attention and step a few inches the wrong way) with a slope down to a ditch, which is a pain to run on. but the few stretches of good running grass are much appreciated. we usually end up running on that little patch of grass imbetween the sidewalk and the road and just dodging the mailboxes.