the un official workout thread

podrido

i see that shit on most of my packs..pisses me off why cant i just smoke in peace with out seeing shit like that.

atleast im keeping healthy in other aspects food wise and such i just enjoy smoking wi cigawetts.

I think you would be able to do this had the tobacco companies not been such shady liars and manipulators of their products to enhance addiction. I mean, you can flat out witness the immediate ill effects of alcohol whereas the disgusting shit that happens from cigarettes takes years/decades.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hahahaha I could see that. Weights just aren't my thing.

lol...no, im talking about the book "convict conditioning"

by the way, casek, ive been researching the author, paul "coach" wade and havent found any information on him.

i can't find any credentials or validations to prove that this guy is legit.

one website lists him as a pseudonym. on another forum, it says he uses english (UK) words and the convict conditioning website is registered in the UK. also, there are discrepancies between wade's age entering the correctional facility and the amount of time he gets.

is this guy for real?

i even tried wikipedia'ing him, but no luck.....couldnt even find a google image of the guy.

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, ALL YOU NEED FROM THAT BOOK IS THE 15-20 PAGES OR WHATEVER WITH THE EXERCISES ON THEM AND PROGRESSION CHARTS.

A LOT OF WHAT I READ WHILE READING IT WAS COMMON SENSE TO SOMEONE INTO CALESTHENICS, HIM BOASTING OR HIM PRAISING OLD PEOPLE.

WHO THE DUDE IS AND WHAT HE SAYS REALLY MEANS NOTHING.

ITS HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF FILLER.

^truth...i noticed ALL the exercises were in chapter 2.

but the first 47 pages are pretty much him talking about how you dont need barbells and dumbells and cable machines, and how using those are more likely to cause injury versus doing "old school calesthenics"

im kind of skeptical because of statements like that.

im sure the progressions and exercises work...just curious on who the fuck this guy really is...sounds mad suspect to me.

I could already do a one legged squat (left and right)

before i read the book.

i just incorporated some of his exercises into the shit i do.

he also referenced 300 which was stupid to me.

the only thing in there i thought was good was the way he explained a uniform and balanced body, like classic sculpture (nh)

I've been doing Convict Conditioning for like 2 months now.

I can do 1-arm pushups and even handstand pushups (prior to this I couldn't even do a handstand).

As for pullups, I stopped following the routine after the 1-arm assisted pullups exercise.

I'm more a fan of putting 40lbs in a bookbag, strapping that on, and then doing pullups/chinups. I also do that with pushups, dips, and bodyweight squats.

yes, it just keeps saying the same thing over and over again....very redundant.

how long have you been doing it now gasface?

Not much or long at all.

I just started mixing that book, some crossfit bullshit and shit I read on that Chaos and Pain blog like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I can't do decent one arm pushups to save my life yet.

The progressions are the only thing I can stand in Convict Conditioning, just like pissdrunks said.

Those are set up well for people who aren't knowledgable to how to build up to those moves.

lol...no, im talking about the book "convict conditioning"

by the way, casek, ive been researching the author, paul "coach" wade and havent found any information on him.

i can't find any credentials or validations to prove that this guy is legit.

one website lists him as a pseudonym. on another forum, it says he uses english (UK) words and the convict conditioning website is registered in the UK. also, there are discrepancies between wade's age entering the correctional facility and the amount of time he gets.

is this guy for real?

i even tried wikipedia'ing him, but no luck.....couldnt even find a google image of the guy.

Dragon Door vouches for him. I trust their reputation.

He's actually a buddy of mine training for the iron man in a couple years... he wasn't really sayin specifics, just saying that your abs and your lower back muscles work together a lot and if one is slackin (odds are your lower back is) you'll have poor posture because your muscles will be tight in the front kinda pulling the rest of your torso together. If that makes sense?

Any deltoid workout recommendations? Im sick of machines (i use the machine for my deltoids since im not too precise when it comes to the form for dumbells), gimme some free-weight tips.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/12/muscle/shoulders

I've done the Arnold DB press to some success... that's all i can offer... incline press works your delts too

I was told at the gym the other week that, unless you want a hunched over posture you should workout your lower back just as much and on the same day as your abs.

Makes a lot of sense as a general guideline.

Unless you are have extremely low body fat and are looking for extra definition, ab specific workouts seem pointless. You get the same amount of work done on both your abs and back doing compound lifts with barbells and dumbbells. Although, doing ab workouts to see how much you can endure every now and then can be fun and humbling. Ab wheels hurt a lot.