the un official workout thread

podrido

The Iron

by Henry Rollins

Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body.

Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn't see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

I prefer to work out alone.

Word to this part

I woke up thinking about working out but not feeling motivated. Glad I stumbled into this thread and read this.

Go ahead and get ya lulz but my current workout song mix was:

Just sayin.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Come on kid, your generally animosity isn't attributing to the thread at all.

You don't like a certain musical performer that you never really listened. We get it. High fives all around.

And Metronome dude that song's the shit! Makes me feel like a damsel in distress is calling out for me and I'm like "Yea hold on baby, I'm on my way but first I gotta get my swoll on". Bump it like you mean and you'll see wsup.

• Like 1

back on the program tonight

hurt my wrist (doing stupid shit instead of working out) and havent worked out in a couple days.

anyone have some brutal core exercises?

need some new shit i dont think theres enough diversity in my routine for obliques/abs/lower back.

im gonna come to the workout thread meet-up dressed like this nigga

GQ2AF00Z.jpg

snap kickin faces all day son!

OH YEAH, PROPS ON THAT ARTICLE TOO CASEK.

IM SUPER PROUD OF MY HENRY ROLLINS NECK :lol:

DUDE IS A REAL COOL GUY NO MATTER WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

Yeah yeah. You gotta admit, that is pretty inspirational. I can relate to him, as I'm sure

a lot of people can, in a few ways.

Besides, man. Hank ain't no

Hank would prolly go Mike Vallely on a dude.

"shit happens when you leave the MISFITS"

Do you by any chance know which NSK song is that at the end of the video? Intense cardio music right there.

Anyways, I went to the beach today and was in the water for about a couple of hours (in total). My whole body is sore, I think getting slapped around by those waves worked out some muscle groups in my body that I dont even know of :lol:

And Metronome dude that song's the shit! Makes me feel like a damsel in distress is calling out for me and I'm like "Yea hold on baby, I'm on my way but first I gotta get my swoll on". Bump it like you mean and you'll see wsup.[/color]

after I read your post I had her voice stuck in my head all afternoon at work, not gonna lie

PD imo the most brutal core workout for obliques/abs is a planche routine. side-front-side. as for the lower back muscles ... deadlifts pwn.

so i came to the realization that my physical activities consist of nothing but cardio. running, swimming cycling etc.

friend has a "home gym" type deal (not one of those cable pulling rubber weigh "machines", simple smith cage thing with a shitload of plates) that he said im free to use whenever, i have a key to his garage.

just dont know what to do. i know the different lifts, i used to be into lifting weights but when i did, i did it on a percentage of your max type deal. i had a card with different maxes on it, and then percentages of that max out to the left on the card. and depending on the day and my max i would have a "routine" where i would say do 12@50%, 10@70% and 8@85%

(that example was completely made up, its been a while)

well ive lost those cards, and dont really want to re figure that.

is that a decent system to use?

if it helps, my "specs" (nh) are:

6' even, 155lbs

bench max: 160

squat max: 170 (i have bad knees and hips, and im tall. so fuck off haha)

hang clean max: 145

so what im asking, what kind of weight lifting system should i use? remember, ive got tons of cardio in my schedule already.

thanks in advance

6' 155# ? shit you must be skinny as fuck. I'd start off easy on the weight if I were you.

as for a system ... maybe start with a full body routine hitting each group with 1 or 2 exercises a few times a week and see how that goes ?

HOLY SHIT .... damn kid also eat some fucking food.

Casek count me in for the bashing of the weak festival next year!!!

Anyone here into Callisthenics?

I hate fukn gyms and I'm working OS as a teacher at the mo so I ain't flush with cash like I usually am on home soil. I train for overall fitness and to help in other shit that I like, cycling, surfing, snowboarding, volleyball, hiking, other shit. I've been doing a tweaked version of this shit http://www.sivamdesign.com/home/fitness/files/schd_wow.html that I found online. I'm really digging the Indian and Wide Arm Pushups at the Mo. Overall it works good for me, keeping cut, increasing reps (can't really increase my own weight easily), feel good and pumped and feel like I'm getting stronger. Any 12'ozers views on the Callisthenics tip?

Anyone here into Callisthenics?

I hate fukn gyms and I'm working OS as a teacher at the mo so I ain't flush with cash like I usually am on home soil. I train for overall fitness and to help in other shit that I like, cycling, surfing, snowboarding, volleyball, hiking, other shit. I've been doing a tweaked version of this shit http://www.sivamdesign.com/home/fitness/files/schd_wow.html that I found online. I'm really digging the Indian and Wide Arm Pushups at the Mo. Overall it works good for me, keeping cut, increasing reps (can't really increase my own weight easily), feel good and pumped and feel like I'm getting stronger. Any 12'ozers views on the Callisthenics tip?

If you do a search in this thread for "Convict Conditioning", it's posted. A few people are doing it and seeing results.

Someone else posted a link to a site called "bodyweight culture". Good stuff in there, as well.