the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

as i remember it, the thread was split in half 50/50....half the people said tyson would win....the other half said bruce....i was on the bruce side...not because of the 2 finger punch, but because of his speed and versatility...especially his kicking ability and flexibility.

stick and move, stick and move.

lee's speed would have kept him free of tyson's punches, and would have worn tyson down relatively quickly. lee's ability to take a hit, in regards to reflex and ability to flow with the energy instead of absorbing it would have kept him fine IF tyson could land a hit.

but if tyson got one good head shot, yeah, no doubt. thats a big if in my book though.

after months of not doing anything active, drinking tons of beer, smoking newport 100s,eating shitty food...

i hit 7.6 miles the other day in like 100minute range

stopped cuz i had to shit

next day hit 3.5 around the 40 minute mark before i went out to party

still not feeling motivated enough to start stretching and working on strength + core

mike tyson would smash bruce lee. all that fast moving and fancy stuff would mean nothing once the fight went to the ground where tyson could just lay on him and smash him. if bruce lee could do some kicks and snap tyson's legs before it went to the ground, however, disregard statement.

Back to workout talk.

this.

You guys eat anything right before workouts?

Usually I dont eat anything for 2 hours before a workout, but today i had some fresh strawberries right before i left, and i had noticeably more energy for my first couple exercises.

And whats with the power lifters sticking wooden blocks under their bench press?

i used to always drink a shake before a work out, but havent in the past 6 months.

board presses.

works your lock out. just a variation on the bench. allows you to feel a heavier weight and lock out a heavier weight than you would doing a full range bench.

vary your grip as well, hit different areas that need work.

floor presses are very similar

re blocks: one method i know is using about a 2 inch tall block right where the bar would hit your chest. this placement allows focus on the 'quick twitch' muscles. i know a lot of fighters, not power lifter, use this to increase over all speed of arm motion.

A FIGHT, IS NOT A MUSCLE FLEXING COMPETITION.

IF ANY OF YOU ARE WORKING OUT FOR ANY OTHER REASON

GO TO THE JERSEY SHORE CASTING CALL.

IF YOURE TALKING ABOUT A BODY DOING WORK.

mike-tyson.jpg

vs.

ArnoldSchwarzenegger.jpg

real talk, which one you takin a punch to the face from?

which one weighted up?

which one did work.

suck a hand full of dicks, and get your face worked.

cause its probably a better look than my hands on you B.

WOW YOU SOUND REALLY GNARLY. OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND MY POST. THE GUY I POSTED IS AN MMA FIGHTER. MIKE TYSON LIFTED WEIGHTS ALSO.

re blocks: one method i know is using about a 2 inch tall block right where the bar would hit your chest. this placement allows focus on the 'quick twitch' muscles. i know a lot of fighters, not power lifter, use this to increase over all speed of arm motion.

word.

in the strength game, in addition to working your lock out, it allows you fix sticking points.

if you stall at mid range on the press for instance you set the board so you rest right on that sticking spot then press.

another famous board press movement is the 'tricep hell' routine.

close grip board presses (1 finger on smooth part of the bar) and press till failure, switch board out, press till failure, switch board, press till failure, and so on.

its killer

2646502253_ba54132b30_o.jpg.746fe22427ea75618fee85dbdb36c847.jpg

3420647703_91a3d70707_o.jpg.6b4773918b23d0cd54e69f1c6816cb27.jpg