the un official workout thread

podrido

You can't lose fat in specific spots exclusively.

Burning fat towards nice abs takes a good diet and total body workouts aka WORK.

Most everyone has strong abdominal muscles, but they're covered by some pudge because it just tends to settle there. I mean, you wouldn't be able to stand up if your core was all flab.

vanfullofretards post is on point.

Work your whole body in muscle groups.

You can love food and eat well without becoming a lardass.

Fuck, pretty much all you need to watch as far as food intake is soda, greasy fast food, alcohol, and chips and shit.

Also, when you eat is important. You can Google all of this shit. It's not hard to understand, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to commit to.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im making steady progress on my weak ass bench. im currently stalled on my squat, but dead lift is still going up. go figure.

floor presses and close grip inclines seem to have helped me a good amount. i was stalled, started doing these and weight keeps getting added on the bar.

you got proper form?

like jim wendler here:

note arched back, feet back, driving heels to floor, upper back nailed to the bench, remove bar and descend with your lats... (try to pull the bar apart with your hands) this really changed things for me. about a year and a half ago. almost immediate strength increase

I did the arched back/ descend with lats.. it helped a little I also did heavier weights with lower reps too so we'll see next week if all that helped.

Can anyone give me a summary of hgh? I don't know much about it except that it's naturally produced in your body. Does it aid in muscle growth? Is it even legal?

I did the arched back/ descend with lats.. it helped a little I also did heavier weights with lower reps too so we'll see next week if all that helped.

Can anyone give me a summary of hgh? I don't know much about it except that it's naturally produced in your body. Does it aid in muscle growth? Is it even legal?

http://www.nowloss.com/ways-to-increase-testosterone-levels-naturally-without-using-steroids.htm

Do this instead.

cool. give yourself a couple weeks to get used to the form, and once you get leg drive into the bench, you'll see your strength increase dramatically.

Hurt my back a while back ago, fell off of my routine. Just got back on it last week.

I'm adding in way more cardio because I have gained some weight. I didn't lose much strength which I surprised about. Anyone see any issue with doing shoulders/bi's on the samde day? I switched things up a bit...

i havnt been able to do any weight lifting for the better part of a month now which really fucked my p90 trip up ..fucked my shoulder i dont know how and doctor cant diagnose shit so im pretty much waiting it out and running a few miles a day ive pretty much just lost a tonne of weight since running...meh.

it probably wont help your shoulder pain, but check out some mobility exercises. get a foam roller and roll everything down. a tennis ball for piriformis release is great. since i started doing mobility work and a proper warm up before my work outs i havent been injured, my recovery time is quicker and soreness is greatly reduced. no more dull aches in my knees or hips or anything like that like i would sometimes get. proper warm ups and stretching go a long way

check this out for shoulder rehab:

OK, well I am 31 now and have never been to a gym in my life haha, I'm no fat git though I am 6ft and slim, I am looking to build my muscle tone in my arms, shoulders chest and back mainly. Can anyone recommend a good daily workout to get started on this before I end up shelling out some cash and actually joining a gym.

Convict Conditioning  -book
http://rapidshare.com/files/388358510/convict.pdf.html

"[b][i]Convict Conditioning[/i][/b] is a fantastic text crammed with  solid information, and tons of vital nuggets and powerful insights that  when followed will pack your frame with rock-hard, functional muscle.  Like a hard thrust with a razor-sharp shank, ex-con Paul Wade's writing  style rips through all the nonsense that fill the glossy muscle mags, to  get to what's real: You don't need free weights, fancy machines,  spray-on tan and carefully torn T-shirts to build powerful muscle. All  you really need is your own body, a few simple exercises and a plan. You  provide the body, [b][i]Convict Conditioning[/i][/b] gives you the rest  in a highly readable, easy-to-understand format that teaches you [i]what[/i]  to do and [i]how[/i] to do it. As a guy who has written extensively on  exercise, I highly recommend this book." 		
[b]—Loren Christensen, author of [i]Solo Training[/i] and [i]The  Fighter's Body[/i].[/b]

Fuck it. I'll post it for everyone.

OK, well I am 31 now and have never been to a gym in my life haha, I'm no fat git though I am 6ft and slim, I am looking to build my muscle tone in my arms, shoulders chest and back mainly. Can anyone recommend a good daily workout to get started on this before I end up shelling out some cash and actually joining a gym.

Good question!

If you don't have any equipment you're really limited in what you can do, but you're going about it in the right way. I did basic exercises here and there for a couple months before I decided I was serious about paying for a gym and I'm really glad I did that.

Do you have any weights laying around? If not all you can really do are push-ups, sit ups, crunches.. maybe pull-ups. And of course running.

That's all i got

proper warm ups and stretching go a long way

Yeah the fucking do. I was amazed how little soreness I experience now from hard ass workouts because I warm up beforehand. I still get a little stiff, but I don't get nearly as sore as I used to.

You're should do a total body workout regardless of what areas you want to be improved.. Working your upper body alone could end up being problematic in some ways. Check out THIS site for a shitload of bodyweight exercises you can do at home. After you figure out what program you wanna set up for yourself you can find other resources online. ROSS BOXING has some good exercise regimens on his site. You could also download P90X and get a couple dumbbells and work through that. You don't need a gym. In fact, a lot of people who go to the gym just putz around for an hour and think they worked out, but in reality they half assed it and paid for that privilege.

Good question!

If you don't have any equipment you're really limited in what you can do, but you're going about it in the right way. I did basic exercises here and there for a couple months before I decided I was serious about paying for a gym and I'm really glad I did that.

Do you have any weights laying around? If not all you can really do are push-ups, sit ups, crunches.. maybe pull-ups. And of course running.

That's all i got

cheers man, I have a couple of dumbells lying around not heavy ones or anything like that just 10lb ones for light work outs that my brother left here when he went to university.

As for doing whole body work outs I walk everywhere have always cycled or skateboarded so my legs are in pretty good shape just want to build up the upper body mass a bit and get it toned.

But thanks again for all the advice guys, you will probably find me asking a few more questions in here because I really am notwanting to join a gym because it just seems like a bunch of posers in them.

One thing that worries me slightly is when I was 17 I crashed a motorbike and fractured a vertaebrae in my back, I don't really get back problems anymore but sometimes it does ache a bit, what things should I watch out for while working out with my back to make sure I don't damage it.

Good form. Don't sacrifice form to get a weight up or do another rep or you might injure yourself. That extends to all exercises, not just your back movements. Once you know what exercises you are going to be doing you should go on Youtube and watch the proper form in some videos so you know how to do it correctly and avoid straining your muscles or injuring yourself.

As for those dumbbells, you'd be surprised how much use you could get out of small ones like that. You won't gain any size from them but doing high reps will still strengthen and give you lean muscle. You can do a shitload of exercises with dumbbells as far as variations and just having a bit of extra weight for doing leg moves. You're not limited to pushups at all if you don't have equipment. Gyms are god for some people, but some people don't like them. You do not need them though, unless you have a hard time motivating yourself.

You don't need weights to gain strength. You just have to do varied moves and keep at it. Change it up every few weeks and keep busting your ass.

• Like 1