the un official workout thread

podrido

Anyone here do any sort of yoga? For like core and shit? A girl I ahve been trying to bang brought me to a hot youga class with her yesterday and its was awesome. Not only do you sweat like no other, most girls are young and wearing next to nothing. And its a good workout.

new.jpg.7198afa1b7ce5ef0b9ca8fa7bc6ab159.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just watched Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

Really interesting documentary.

I knew America has got some retards running its country, and i dont really know how the system works, but who was that dude they interviewed and he had to check whether steroids were banned in sports.

Then he announced that you have to be 18 to drink alcohol all over america.

Come on man, I live in London and even I knew that was wrong.

Edit: those muscley cows were awesome

I have the bulk but since i have been in uni have been putting on weight, ive still got decent arms but my waste is showing the results of excess pizza consumption.

I used to lift alot but i want to de-bulk, and burn off my belly fat. Ive started drinking meal replacement shakes and running 2-3 k 3 times a week.

Any added advice on ridding belly fat, but not wanting to particularly bulk up?

Just some advice or somthin to work too as im pretty clueless and theres a billion things on the net. Im just stocky and dont wanna be, but burning off stomach fat will be a start.

Alright for meals but a non building fat burnin workout could be good.

Do a lot of shit to burn calories.

Lift weights.

Do cardio or whatever exercise you most enjoy.

do it a lot.

eat clean.

eat whole foods.

Cut down on carbs, eat more vegetables.

Get enough fats (fish oil, olive oil, flax oil)

Drink lots of water.

Be disciplined with your eating.

Also,

consume more calories than you burn - put on weight

consume the same amount of calories you burn - maintain weight

consume less calories than you burn - lose weight.

I know its obvious but people forget. If you aren't losing weight, either eat less or do more.

if you are eating a dirty ass diet like potato chips, pizza every day, cheese steaks, lots of sugar etc just switching from that to meat and low amounts of complex carbs and lots of vegetables will result in weight reduction. cardio of any kind is also what you will need. im personally more of a fan of conditioning type cardio like jump rope, sled dragging, barbell complexes, etc, as opposed to long static cardio. but that is just me.

we need more info though...

what is your current diet like?

weight?

approximate body fat?

what if any sort of training are you currently doing?

if you are eating a dirty ass diet like potato chips, pizza every day, cheese steaks, lots of sugar etc just switching from that to meat and low amounts of complex carbs and lots of vegetables will result in weight reduction. cardio of any kind is also what you will need. im personally more of a fan of conditioning type cardio like jump rope, sled dragging, barbell complexes, etc, as opposed to long static cardio. but that is just me.

we need more info though...

what is your current diet like?

weight?

approximate body fat?

what if any sort of training are you currently doing?

Sorry i was logged in as a freind.

I took a photo recently just so i can compare it over time, is it homo to post that?

My target weight (when ive been ok in the past) is around 12 stone (76kg/168lb), i think im at about 13.5 (189lb)

I cycle about 5k a day, just started to jog about 3k 3 times a week, and i have weights althought ive stopped recently as i dont want to build much mass, although i could be trippin with that one.

I dont eat too much fast food maybe twice a week, and then i will go for the lightest option.

I eat alot of white foods like bread, pasta, potatoes etc, which i guess isnt too good.

I dont eat too much straight vegetables, and i eat beef and chicken quite regularly. I have a big appetite and currently im having a Meal shake for breakfast and a yoghurt bar, then probably a baguette with chicken for lunch and a meal such as spag bol, chile, fish for tea. i drink a fair amount of water and probably consume a pint of skimmed milk a day in shakes.

man i wanna smack people when they say they don't strength train for fear of getting big or something. rofl. You aren't gonna look like some muscle head by lifting weights unless you are eating a shit load and lifting a ton. even then you have to be on some super strict diet and everything. females always be saying some stuff like that. Try to tell them they gonna lose weight strength training just as easily if not more so than running on the treadmill and they think you're full of shit.

My target weight (when ive been ok in the past) is around 12 stone (76kg/168lb), i think im at about 13.5 (189lb)

I cycle about 5k a day, just started to jog about 3k 3 times a week, and i have weights althought ive stopped recently as i dont want to build much mass, although i could be trippin with that one.

I dont eat too much fast food maybe twice a week, and then i will go for the lightest option.

I eat alot of white foods like bread, pasta, potatoes etc, which i guess isnt too good.

I dont eat too much straight vegetables, and i eat beef and chicken quite regularly. I have a big appetite and currently im having a Meal shake for breakfast and a yoghurt bar, then probably a baguette with chicken for lunch and a meal such as spag bol, chile, fish for tea. i drink a fair amount of water and probably consume a pint of skimmed milk a day in shakes.

sounds like you are getting a decent amount of cardio in. i would definitely recommend to start thinking about a basic weight training regime or at least add in push ups, chin ups, dips, etc.

you want to get atleast 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. split this up over about 5 meals. you'll eventually figure out its about 3-6 oz of meat per meal. stick to chicken, fish, lean beef, pork and protein shakes. keep it simple.

eat something like this:

meal 1 breakfast

2 whole eggs/4 egg white omelete

oatmeal ( roughly 60 grams of carbs worth) or whole wheat bagel or equivalent of whole wheat bread or brown rice

meal 2

protein shake

handful of almonds

meal 3 lunch/dinner

chicken breast

salad or huge serving of vegetables

meal 4

protein shake or bowl of plain yogurt... add splenda if you want it sweeter

meal 5 supper

6 oz meat

big serving vegetables

gallon of water a day

adding in weight training will burn calories as well as keep you from not looking just like a smaller version of yourself when you lose weight. you'll be building muscle. you dont want to go on a super low calorie diet because then you will keep your same body fat and just look smaller. if this is not enough calories or you are losing weight to fast, add in some complex carbs for supper.

if your neck is massive you have what most guys want. the yoke. dont get rid of it.

John Berardi has a lot of good recipes if you want a bit of inspiration whilst trying to keep it as healthy as possible.

Once you overcome the urge to give into cravings or whatever a few times, eating consistantly healthier gets easier. Just got to stick with it until you get results.

Does anyone else box? I just started and my trainer told me I need to change my routine to all body weight exercises or else I'm going to injure myself. Can someone confirm? He said he's old school, and some might disagree...

Also what plyometric will increase upper body speed?

Push ups where you bounce off the floor will do that.

Like clapping push-ups.

I don't box, but bodyweight exercises are good for strengthening your muscles in groups for effective use rather than isolation like a lot of weight training can be guilty of.

Bodyweight also works a lot of stabilizer muscles that don't otherwise get worked or focused on during weight training. I could see his emphasis on this considering you would want functional use out of your muscles when defending yourself constantly.

At the moment he has us doing 90 push ups and 1x100 of 4 different types of crunches, you best believe I'm burning up. My appetite doubled and my bmi dropped. The first week I was shaking, and I work out a lot. Boxing makes me feel really out of shape.

I just started and my trainer told me I need to change my routine to all body weight exercises or else I'm going to injure myself.QUOTE]

I'M NOT SAYING YOU NEED TO LIFT WEIGHTS BECAUSE THERE'S PLENTY OF BOXERS WHO NEVER LIFTED WEIGHTS, BUT THAT STATEMENT IS BULLSHIT.

EVEN ISOLATION EXERCISES AREN'T "UNFUNCTIONAL." IF YOU CAN DO TRICEP EXTENSIONS WITH 200LBS OR SIDE LATERALS WITH 70LB DUMBELLS THAT'S ONLY GONNA HELP YOU PUNCH HARDER.

WOULD YOU RATHER GET PUNCHED BY THIS GUY:

Mariusz-2.jpg

OR SOME SKINNY GUY WHO CAN DO 1000 PUSH UPS?

AGAIN, I'M NOT EVEN SAYING YOU SHOULD LIFT WEIGHTS, BUT SOMEONE WHO MAKES BLACK AND WHITE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT IS PROBABLY AN IDIOT, OR AN OUT OF TOUCH OLD MAN,

THOSE NUMBERS ARE WAY OFF. DO YOU EAT ACCORDING TO THE FOOD PYRAMID TOO? YOU'D BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND ANY LARGE BODYBUILDER/POWERLIFTER/STRONGMAN/GUY AT THE GYM WHO EATS LIKE THAT. IF YOU LOOK AT THE WAY MOST PRO BODYBUILDERS EAT, MOST OF THEM EAT 500-6OO+ GRAMS OF PROTEIN. AND YOU'RE BIOCHEM TEACHER IS NOT A STRENGTH COACH, I WOULDN'T TAKE HIS ADVICE IN THAT AREA. BUT IF A SEDENTARY PERSON STARTED EATING WHEY PROTEIN ALL DAY, HE PROBABLY WOULD END UP PISSING AND SHITTING MOST OF IT OUT.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

youre right...i have no idea what im talking about.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

youre right my biochem teacher has no idea what hes talking about either.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*edit

A FIGHT, IS NOT A MUSCLE FLEXING COMPETITION.

IF ANY OF YOU ARE WORKING OUT FOR ANY OTHER REASON

GO TO THE JERSEY SHORE CASTING CALL.

IF YOURE TALKING ABOUT A BODY DOING WORK.

mike-tyson.jpg

vs.

ArnoldSchwarzenegger.jpg

real talk, which one you takin a punch to the face from?

which one weighted up?

which one did work.

suck a hand full of dicks, and get your face worked.

cause its probably a better look than my hands on you B.