the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so i was thinking of cleaning out my system of all the garbage next week and thinking about only eating fruits and veggies. trying to cut out meats maybe have some fish and chicken.. i cant do those only drink lemonade things.. is this a good idea or will it effect my lifting. i know this aint the food thread but u guys will know what i need to eat. so any ideas on how to prepare the chicken and fish like what oils to use or not use?? any info will help thanks guys this thread is more helpful then any trainer cuz so many people give input.. good looking out

so i was thinking of cleaning out my system of all the garbage next week and thinking about only eating fruits and veggies. trying to cut out meats maybe have some fish and chicken.. i cant do those only drink lemonade things.. is this a good idea or will it effect my lifting. i know this aint the food thread but u guys will know what i need to eat. so any ideas on how to prepare the chicken and fish like what oils to use or not use?? any info will help thanks guys this thread is more helpful then any trainer cuz so many people give input.. good looking out

This is the eating strategy we suggest to our fighters 2-4 weeks before they start restricting their calories

- only drink water ( you can put lemon and cucumber in it )

- only eat organic eggs, chicken, beef, lamb ( season with herbs, pepper, Olive oil, etc )

* I'm avoiding fish unless I know where it's from

- NO starch ( pasta,rice, beans, bread, etc )

- NO dairy

- All the organic vegetables you can handle,Spinach, Chard , tomato

- Oils EVOO & Flax,Almonds, walnuts, cashews ( unsalted and raw )

- Avoid caffeine... if you must have coffee, limit yourself to 1 a day.

- fruit: 1 small piece a day

- NO ALCOHOL -

eat when you're hungry just stick to the guidelines.

• Like 1

depends what your goals are.

any time you restrict calories especially on a diet like you are talking about, you are gonna lose strength and endurance.

if you cut out meat, you will lose valuable protein.

best way to cook your meatz is on the grill.

dont use much salt if at all. i always marinate chicken breast to make sure its juicy. i cant stand dry ass chicken. dont sleep on thighs or legs either... better flavor. as for oils... use only olive oil.

since i eat like a horse, i generally only fire up the grill once or twice a week and cook enough for the whole week.

i think you would benefit from just a basic clean diet instead of trying to 'detox' especially if you have the diet of the average american. a simple cutting out all refined sugars and carbs goes along way. step up vegetables and lean meats. for carbs stick to oats, rice, whole grains, and other complex carbs.

This is the eating strategy we suggest to our fighters 2-4 weeks before they start restricting their calories

- only drink water ( you can put lemon and cucumber in it )

- only eat organic eggs, chicken, beef, lamb ( season with herbs, pepper, Olive oil, etc )

* I'm avoiding fish unless I know where it's from

- NO starch ( pasta,rice, beans, bread, etc )

- NO dairy

- All the organic vegetables you can handle,Spinach, Chard , tomato

- Oils EVOO & Flax,Almonds, walnuts, cashews ( unsalted and raw )

- Avoid caffeine... if you must have coffee, limit yourself to 1 a day.

- fruit: 1 small piece a day

- NO ALCOHOL -

eat when you're hungry just stick to the guidelines.

any real reason (besides hype) for the only 'organic' stuff?? if only ate organic eggs and meat every week my grocery bill would triple.

why no dairy?

are you just trying to get guys to make weight or what?

Whats wrong with protein shakes?! I love them!

And there's no way I could eat enough meat to cancel out protein shakes.

casek's link shows some powders have heavy metals in them

Whats wrong with protein shakes?! I love them!

And there's no way I could eat enough meat to cancel out protein shakes.

Did you read the article?

They're full of HEAVY METAL.

for carbs stick to oats, rice, whole grains, and other complex carbs.

BROWN RICE. White rice is worthless filler.

any real reason (besides hype) for the only 'organic' stuff?? if only ate organic eggs and meat every week my grocery bill would triple.

why no dairy?

are you just trying to get guys to make weight or what?

it's a short term " active " cleanse. It's a 4 week program to take some of the pressure off the liver, pancreas, and improve general immune function. Dairy is an allergen. The point of "organic" is to take every step possible to insure you are only putting natural substances in your body for the 4 weeks.

AND I DOUBT IT MATTERS WHETHER YOU EAT WHITE OR BROWN RICE UNLESS YOU'RE DIETING AND EATING GIANT BOWLS OF RICE. I LIKE WHITE RICE WAY BETTER.

It matters because white rice has almost as much nutritional value as ramen noodles. Less vitamins than brown and fiber. Eat what you want, but don't act like it doesn't matter. It's the difference between carbs and complex carbs.

You can also make protein shakes without protein powder. Aren't you supposed to have a gram per pound of bodyweight? Jesus, you weigh over 300 pounds? You look like Bam Bam Bigelow?

i saw that news report about metals in protein shakes on the news, coincidentally, while at the gym working out.

eating enough protein from foods is possible to do, but when youre trying to eat up to 200grams per day, it becomes more difficult unless you use protein powder as a supplement.

sure, you can eat 6 or 7 eggs for breakfast, lots of shrimp, fish, meat, etc etc, but you just have to eat a whole bunch of it.

i only do a small amount of powder a day as a supplement, NOT as a replacement for protein....i just get enough protein to meet my daily requirements:

0.8 grams per kg body weight per day for a sedentary person.

1.0 grams per kg body weight per day for an athlete

as much as 1.2 to 1.4 grams per kg body weight for someone lifting heavy.

i do about 1.2 grams per kilogram (pounds divided by 2.2 will give you kg)

but certain people will take a lot of protein powder, and in the words of my old biochemistry teacher: "all that excess powdered protein people eat... they just end up pissing that shit out...they have expensive piss."

(yes, he used to curse during his lectures...which were at 8am every fucking morning for 5 months.)

It matters because white rice has almost as much nutritional value as ramen noodles. Less vitamins than brown and fiber. Eat what you want, but don't act like it doesn't matter. It's the difference between carbs and complex carbs.

You can also make protein shakes without protein powder. Aren't you supposed to have a gram per pound of bodyweight? Jesus, you weigh over 300 pounds? You look like Bam Bam Bigelow?

I'M NOT DENYING THAT IT'S MORE NUTRITOUS. BUT IF YOU'RE ONLY TRYING TO GET BIGGER/STRONGER A LITTLE BIT OF MAGNESIUM AND A FEW GRAMS OF FIBER IS GOING TO MAKE ZERO DIFFERENCE.

i saw that news report about metals in protein shakes on the news, coincidentally, while at the gym working out.

eating enough protein from foods is possible to do, but when youre trying to eat up to 200grams per day, it becomes more difficult unless you use protein powder as a supplement.

sure, you can eat 6 or 7 eggs for breakfast, lots of shrimp, fish, meat, etc etc, but you just have to eat a whole bunch of it.

i only do a small amount of powder a day as a supplement, NOT as a replacement for protein....i just get enough protein to meet my daily requirements:

0.8 grams per kg body weight per day for a sedentary person.

1.0 grams per kg body weight per day for an athlete

as much as 1.2 to 1.4 grams per kg body weight for someone lifting heavy.

i do about 1.2 grams per kilogram (pounds divided by 2.2 will give you kg)

but certain people will take a lot of protein powder, and in the words of my old biochemistry teacher: "all that excess powdered protein people eat... they just end up pissing that shit out...they have expensive piss."

(yes, he used to curse during his lectures...which were at 8am every fucking morning for 5 months.)

THOSE NUMBERS ARE WAY OFF. DO YOU EAT ACCORDING TO THE FOOD PYRAMID TOO? YOU'D BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND ANY LARGE BODYBUILDER/POWERLIFTER/STRONGMAN/GUY AT THE GYM WHO EATS LIKE THAT. IF YOU LOOK AT THE WAY MOST PRO BODYBUILDERS EAT, MOST OF THEM EAT 500-6OO+ GRAMS OF PROTEIN. AND YOU'RE BIOCHEM TEACHER IS NOT A STRENGTH COACH, I WOULDN'T TAKE HIS ADVICE IN THAT AREA. BUT IF A SEDENTARY PERSON STARTED EATING WHEY PROTEIN ALL DAY, HE PROBABLY WOULD END UP PISSING AND SHITTING MOST OF IT OUT.

I'M NOT DENYING THAT IT'S MORE NUTRITOUS. BUT IF YOU'RE ONLY TRYING TO GET BIGGER/STRONGER A LITTLE BIT OF MAGNESIUM AND A FEW GRAMS OF FIBER IS GOING TO MAKE ZERO DIFFERENCE.

Dude, believe what you want, but white rice = empty bullshit calories. Every bit of good food you put into yourself makes a difference. The more corners you cut, the less results you see.

CAPSLOCKDOESNOTAUTOMATICALLYMAKEYOUTHEAGGRESSORORWINNEROFTHEARGUMENTONER.

• Like 1

i just put that dvd on my netflix list.

im not 100% convinced white rice is 100% bullshit calories.

it might make a difference if you are trying to diet down for a contest... but i dont think it will affect your strength or mass gain.

im not the biggest rice eater but i like white rice for two reasons that have nothing to do with lifting/training, etc. i hate the taste of brown rice for some reason but more importantly white rice stores for a really long time. put up in 5 gallon buckets in mylar or even without mylar with an O2 obsorber or packed with the dry ice method will store for many years. while this wont matter to most.... storage matters for me.

when you have over 200 lb of stored white rice, i cant even bring myself to buy a bag of brown rice.

eh... i sort of fall in the category of one of those listed. but i wont say which.

just watched bigger faster stronger

good stuff. although their is some bozo economics in there..... great movie.

the westside/louie simmons/vogelpohl footage was great. didnt know the film makers brother was mark bell. pretty neat