Muthafuck a bank

AyeBee

I just go check my account and when my direct deposit went through last night the muthafuckas took $70 straight out for overdraft fees. This is fuckin bullshit, I only spent exactly how much it told me I had in the account but apparently it tells you you have more than you actually do blah blah blah, so I get fucked. I'm closing this goddamn account, money is so much easier when you just keep it all in a fuckin safe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think I may consider getting a safe... the thing is though, I enjoy being able to purchase stuff online with my card.... and always having "all" my money with me. You just gotta make sure your bank is an "online" bank. I was with Compass Bank for a little while and their free checking does not make up for the fact that it takes ANYTHING you buy with your card at least a day to hit your account, which is bullshit. That's for people that carry around one of those balance ledgers. I am now with BOA and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with overdrafts because I always know exactly how much money I have available.

sentry_a.jpg

get this, bolt it, cement it, fill it, love it...

three hour fire safe, key, combo and keypad locking system. i swear by these. if your not a home owner its kinda a pain to secure it down but they are like 200+ lbs so kinda a pain to move for a burgler but i never keep real money in a bank ever. the best leson i took from my pops...

I just go check my account and when my direct deposit went through last night the muthafuckas took $70 straight out for overdraft fees. This is fuckin bullshit, I only spent exactly how much it told me I had in the account but apparently it tells you you have more than you actually do blah blah blah, so I get fucked. I'm closing this goddamn account, money is so much easier when you just keep it all in a fuckin safe

It's called taking proper care of your finances numbnuts

most banks will let you know how much the maximum amount that you can take out without overdrafting with a phonecall for savings and checking.. most times for savings its 25-30 and for checking its 10-5.. the hard part is managing the atm card wich is why i dont use the thinggs at all...... i gotta take a dump

It's called taking proper care of your finances numbnuts

thats true. that said, most banks do everything within their power to make as much as possible off of you anytime you happen to fall into the red. two of my personal favorites are the "we always clear the largest transaction first because generally those are the most important" and the "we allowed you to continue making transactions to save you the embarrassment of having your card declined". i find both equally rich and equally smelling horse shit.

i wouldnt be surprised if eventually someone hits a bank with a massive predatory lending civil lawsuit. it probably wouldnt stick but it definitely wouldnt be a reach to classify this particular practice as such.

"the embarassment of having you card declined"!!!!!:lol: :lol: oh shit man.

This happened to me a while back, I even made a thread on it too. but the excuse the customer service rep gave me was "we usually let you overdraw your account as a one time courtesy so you can get the $2.11 crazy bread and sauce and then you give us 50 bucks on monday for the 35 cent courtesy. k thx bye!"

wehn I lived in CT, i had peoples bank, they were the shit, when you tried to buy something on debit, and you didn't have the funds, the merchant would REJECT your card, go figure.

seriously. I dont fucking understand american debit cards. If it lets you spend money you dont have in your account...isnt it just a credit card?

canadian debit cards just go straight to your account...if you're out of money in your account your debit card gets declined. nice and simple.

heres something you might wasnt to know. theres accounts called c/d accounts and you get like 4% intrest in them rather then .25% or what ever your bank does but you have to keep the money in there for an allotted time. and you cant take it out theres diffrent time periods. its definitely the way to go if you got money just sitting there in savings

i have overdrawn my accoutn twice this year. i check my online balance everyday before i spend any dough but as soon as my account gets like under 20 bucks it dumps some transaction that i forgot happened and sends me negative. i think its a scam

Exactly