Dear ________,

suca

dear 12oz

wtf happened to you mannnn. you used to be cool. now your just like you boy bombing science. ghey.

or maybe i dont come thru enough

dear marc ecko, i hope you die from getting a paper cut while jerkin off to complex magazine you fuck

dear 12oz, whos balls i gotta lick around her to become a mod?

dear big bro, good luck in court on friday. i dunno what ima do without you if you go away. cant believe that shit came back to bite you in the ass 10 years later god daMN. and congrats on ur 4 years brotha.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dear NOES,

Shit man, hope it ain't as bad as it sounds.

TDB

Dear Decy,

1 sleep... then 4 sleeps... then this whole sleeps shit will be DONE. Thanks for all the mad help you're chucking my way with my move.

<3 TDB

Dear new hire,

You lied in your CV. Thanks for adding to the shitstorm of stress at work cos now I have to teach you what your degree (who the fuck gave you a first) failed to. Literally, I have to spend tomorrow telling you how to do what your degree and CV say you already can. Dumb bitch.

</3 TDB

dear peanut

the place fell off cuz of the login issue and peeps didn't come back

we need a community to have a good forum

!@#$%

dear hurricanes

thanks for holding off

!@#$%

dear morocco and portugal

less than 3 months babies

!@#$%

dear IR

ahh, the misconceptions get annoying sometimes.

i don't have much money, i bet most adults on this forum make around what i do, or more. i don't care about money so it's not a motivator for me.

i clear about 28k after taxes.

this is the life of someone who didn't have kids and knows how to use cash..

i don't pay for cable, or air conditioning. i barely drive my old, paid-for car, and i spend about $100/year on movie theaters, restaurants or entertainment. i don't drink or smoke cigs

while my job doesn't provide much of a salary, it does provide decent benefits. i have 4 weeks of paid vacation every year, plus sick time and major holidays.

that said, i worked hard for that shit.. not many people put themselves through college without taking loans

i had one empty page in my last passport, these days my current one is getting full because of full-page visas to Argentina and Brazil

my vacations are frugal and simple, always on a sale fare.

while many girls (and boys) play house and plan of their wedding and future children, i only ever wanted to travel. it does surprise me a little i didn't put more effort into getting a job that requires a lot of travel but shit just didn't work out like that.

!@#$%

p.s. the government released the latest calculations on how much kids cost.

the first one is about $280k and you only save about 20k for each subsequent kid. that does NOT include education.

think about where all that money could go, over 18 years, if you had it in your pocket.

my boss spends about 10k/year to educate her two kids... that's 3 major, multi-country excursions right there.

• Like 1

Dear Symbols,

Holy fucking shit, how do you live on $28K? You must be quite savvy in every sense of the word. Kudos to you.

Cheers,

theP

Dear 2am.

Why are we doing this again?

Cheers,

Pro

Dear Schnitzel,

If that package doesn't get there soon I am going to stab my postal worker.

Cheers,

teepee

Dear symbols

I make more then double what you make and I have kids. I am broke. Just the way things go. I am also paying for catholic school for all three, a house, three vehicles, and numerous other things. I also go out as much as I can, because with three kids, I find it is easy to get stuck in the house and get in a rut. I really do wish I can travel and live like you, but that is not how life played out for me.

I am going to dream about going to the places you go to.

Cil

PS I really am jealous, especially when my kids are acting up.

Dear people talking about kids,

my wife and I have been on teh fence about the kids issue recently. She just got into vet school, shich is bad ass, but that means it would be at least 4 more years before we considered poppin a fetus.

But, considering the cost, and sleep bullshit, and not being able to just pack up and go... life is too short to pop feti.

So, in the long way, thanks for the random conversation that happened to relate to my life this time.

-ReD.

Dear symbols,

Wow. That is all. Props x billionz.

TDB

Dear red,

I had never wanted kids (scared to, for many reasons) but I really love them, awesome little creatures. My boy's kid is the best. I like being part time. That said I have decided I want one, but not for a while (years, basically). Just at that age where I needed to make the decision and let the boy know.

I'm gonna be working with kids so maybe once that starts I won't want (or be able to cope with) one of my own; I'm hoping to work with abused children in the care system so I can imagine coupling that with having one could be emotionally crippling.

TDB

Dear Decy,

Looking forward to tonight, should be dope. #woc #cc

You know :)

<3 TDB

dear oontz

wow, [kids are] really a major issue for many people

not surprising, this is probably the biggest life decision a person can make.

i have lots of reasons why i didn't do it and i'll never rule out adoption but i'm not interested at all right now or prolly ever, especially cuz i think some bad shit is coming this planet's way.

(and might as well see as much of it as i can while i can)

i really want to do some more $$$ trips though too.. still can't safari, for example.

protestor, living where i do helps a lot. i have my own home and having travelled, major perspective on how lucky i am in the broad sense.

it is a humble home in a sketchy hood though.

i read the other day that 'millenials' are ditching ownership in favor of experience.

maybe i'm just one of the few people from my generation (x) to make that choice, i definitely do not have many things and i'm not interested in owning lots of stuff.

it's friday.

yay

!@#$%

dear !@#$%

sounds like the way to go, and the best position to be in. Im sure many can only imagine what it is like. you bring up a point though, some people cannot live without their 'possessions' so they choose those over adventures.

i have learned that i discover a little bit about myself every time i step foot out of las vegas and that has become important to me. even tho i cannot travel the world, or even outside of the country yet, i do love my little getaways.

last year i gave up the possessions in order to just live a simple life, which also has humbled me. and if i didnt have to pay XXXXX intuition every year for the kid i would explore more. but its only 3 more years...maybe by then our safari paths can cross. ha

dear brother,

i still cant believe you ran the fucking meter on me when i asked for a ride home.

YOU EVEN LONG HAULED ME!!!

fucker

dear new tattoo artist,

damn.

the work is so good, and the healing was so quick. i am impressed. i will be back

dear 12ozmatch.com

we meet tmrw night.

have a good day all,

smdubski

TDB,

thanks homegirl

!@#$%

sm

yea, maybe in a few years you'll have more freedom

i love oyur attitude though

one of the Dalai Lama's 18 rules for living:

Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.

great advice bc indeed SM, i've noticed that when i return home from a place, things are pretty much as i left them, but my mind is a little more open, my experience more rich, my knowledge of self more developed. it's my greatest education. i don't think a person has to go around the world for that either.

!@#$%

and in the spirit of not having tons of stuff, and listening to the dalai lama

to humans,

18 rules

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.

Follow the three Rs:

Respect for self

Respect for others

Responsibility for all your actions.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

Spend some time alone every day.

Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.

A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.

Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.

Be gentle with the earth.

Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.

Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

-Dalai Lama

Dear Protester,

if I made 28,000 a year I'd feel like a millionaire.

Dear Sizes,

still in shock your brother would run the meter on you.

Dear Soul mate,

You made me realize how much dogs rule, and humans suck. Seriously the worst.

Sorry I missed your birthday, but I'm sending you a belated present, keep a nose out for it.

Dear Ghetto I live in,

I feel I need to rap my way to stardom to escape this place. All the whaite trash and homeless crackhead prostitutes are really bumming me out. And you neighbors are super loud and annoying all the time, shut up.

Dear friend who doesn't live here,

Thanks for the invite, looks like I might travel the country again, fuck it.

Dear Fword.

I think I love you. Definitely have a crush going on, thanks for being the only vibrant thing around here.

Dear Coffee Shop guitar dude.

Thanks for playing these chill jams, you're really good.

Dear Schnitzel,

If that package doesn't get there soon I am going to stab my postal worker.

Cheers,

teepee

Dear Protestor,

when should I tell you to start stabbin?

Schnitzel

dear 13 week old son,

You're pretty darn amazing and I love hanging out but boy you were hard work on the weekend.

Please don't be so unsettled again tonight I could really use the sleep.

schnitzdaddy.

Dear sleaze side

Personally I hate Dewalt tools. I have owned a few over the years and have sold all of them. None of them have been accurate when I needed it. The only tool I would even think about buying from Dewalt now, is their two speed stationary planer.

Cil, I own a lot of tools.