New Job

Duck Butter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait' date=' wouldn't working a job like this mean MORE marijuana, just to cope with it in general?[/quote']

If i was working at safeway I'd be drinking every night after work

sorry Duck butter....you're probably much younger than me so it doesn't matter

I used to work there.

I played by the rules for the first month or so...then, I ended up working the night shift, and the night manager was this insane tweaker who used to make me blow lines with him in the office. I came to realize that EVERYBODY there was into some kind of heavy action of some sort AND on the take, so I decided the only thing to do was get with the program and embrace my inner degenerate. I remember one year at Christmas time, we would go stand among the Christmas trees and smoke blunts while people would be walking by...good times.

I won't go into anymore of the sordid details, but let's say it turned out to be quite advantageous in the long run. After I quit, I didn't do dope for a year...it was a pretty intense two year experience. Let's just say that I went to several parties that were rather well stocked with nothing but the finest fare and drink that we could loot.

I don't know if the policy changed, but it used to be if you got past the first screen, you were gold. We may have ruined that for everyone else...if so, sorry. You should have been there.

That's good...I went to Long's once, and this dude who looked like Corky from "Life Goes On" was hollering at EVERY SINGLE GIRL in line ahead of me...it was classic. He had the tightest game ever...I figured it was his first day on the job, and that he was gonna get shitcanned or laid one way or the other....so, maybe he was some kind of undercover lover/genius. It was truly amazing to watch him in action...I really couldn't hate, dude had his shit together.

thats' not a bad position and they do pay well. i used to work for a grocery chain for years as a warehouse/reciever and eventually supervisor/manager. so there's a career *not a good one though* if you climb it. only thing is...grocery chain jobs, are GREAT for 6-8month stints, after yuo have enough cheddar, since yuo're yuong, moss deff look into career opportunities to invest in, wether it be such n such school or a tech-certification type joint. do something to make your job a job, and find a way to make a career in whatever it is you wanna do niggy.

• 3 years later...