mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: motorbikes!

I WISH! 1ST pic is my generation sp1 rc51. Soon to be on the track after I get my license (expiredpermitoner here) I have been getting that low on the street though. I gotta get those pants I posted last page so because I hit some of these corners and look down and am like if I take my leg away from the bike my knee is on the ground. I gotta get some higher rear sets or something though I keep dragging my toes going around corners too.

It's been a bit since I've been in here but it's definitely looking like I'll be getting a bike within the next couple of months. I vaguely remember asking questions before but I'll ask some questions again.

My bike will be a daily driver, something I ride mainly to get to and from work.

I live in a wet winter climate. It doesn't really get that cold during the winter... low 30's at the worst.

I'm not really all that interested in a typical street bike. Nor am I interested in what I would consider the Harley look-a-likes. I've been interested in the Ducati Monster but I'm not sure how practical it is for my needs.

This will be my first bike. I've owned vintage and new Vespa scooters in the past but the bigest engine I've ridden on those is 250cc. I'm guessing I should be looking at something in at least the 600cc range.

So, motor boys... any thoughts?

i have an fz6 that i ride everyday; rain or shine

great bike

it's not something thats gonna earn me high fives at the local starbucks

but, i could give a fuck.

the bike is relatively inexpensive because it is so basic, but it smashes nonetheless.

i also get about 40-50 mpg depending on how i ride.

i think some1 had an sv650 - which, i hear, are in the same realm.

It's been a bit since I've been in here but it's definitely looking like I'll be getting a bike within the next couple of months. I vaguely remember asking questions before but I'll ask some questions again.

My bike will be a daily driver, something I ride mainly to get to and from work.

I live in a wet winter climate. It doesn't really get that cold during the winter... low 30's at the worst.

I'm not really all that interested in a typical street bike. Nor am I interested in what I would consider the Harley look-a-likes. I've been interested in the Ducati Monster but I'm not sure how practical it is for my needs.

This will be my first bike. I've owned vintage and new Vespa scooters in the past but the bigest engine I've ridden on those is 250cc. I'm guessing I should be looking at something in at least the 600cc range.

So, motor boys... any thoughts?

Joker my dude...take this into account...

ducati.jpg

Ducati= alot of expensive maintenance (sp?). I suggest as Chocula said SV650 its basically a ducati monster comparing the 650's side by side its the same shit. suzuki SV650 will run forever low and easy do it yourself maintenance bike. Its perfect for a daily driver since its upright body position very comfy but in no means a pussy bike you can carve corners just as easy and get as low as anyother bike if you got the juevos. There is a huge community of riders that are friendly and can help you out with any of your needs if you have a problem.( www.svrider.com ) If something happens to the bike parts are cheap and you can find anything you need on ebay or on a forum. I have had some people on the forums send me free shit they had laying around just to help me out! I reccomend this highly and want another one to put on the track since there are so many low cost aftermarket parts (when you compare it to my RC51 and any other bike) its a perfect track bike too.

6074-2001-Suzuki-SV.jpg

Some1...

Thanks for the good words. Much appreciated. It's funny because the SV650 was one of the very first bikes I ever looked at last year. The fit was nice and I liked most of it altogether but the aesthetic artist in me could not get past that pipe the runs along the side. How it juts out from the front of the engine and then all clumsy-like works it way to the back of the bike. Yeah, I know... stupid reason to dislike a bike but I know how retarded I am and how I would constantly be thinking about it. The Ducati Monster has kind of the same issue but seems a little bit cleaner. I was also looking at the Triumph Speed Triple but after talking to my Dad he quickly talked me out of that one.

So then I started looking into more urban / tour type bikes. Something that has me more upright and seems more for the purpose of which I'm riding. Not like a Honda Gullwing or anything like that but more along the lines of the Ducati Multistrada.

Not saying that's what I want but more that's the style of bike I think I should be looking into. Mostly because I'm not a speed demon on the road... that I'm aware of. I've looked at the BMW version as well but haven't really put much effort into the research of other brands and similar styles.

I know most of you are more the sport bike kind of riders so hopefully this doesn't "offend" you. Ha!

Nah dude I tour on a sport bike no worries. I regularly go out for 6 hours straight without getting off the bike. BMW's are something I have been around since I was a baby my dad has only riden BMW's since the 70's. Great bikes made extremely well very reliable and I think worth the higher price tag.

F-800ST

The pipes come out the front it got great reviews I can vouch for comfort.

bmw-f800s-600.jpg

This may be right up your alley...

GS650x Moto...Astetically Pretty clean bike cool angles great reviews however not much of a seat. I think you should check this out.

24585_0_1_2_g650x%20moto_Image%20credits%20-%20BMW.jpg

The mulistrada did win 2005 sport tourer award too...

Best Sport-tourer: Ducati Multistrada 112220051434073291.jpgWith most new things, there remains some room for improvement. Such was the case for Ducati's multi-faceted Multistrada, a sport-tourer loaded with potential but saddled with some rough edges when first introduced last year. What a difference a few well-executed nips and tucks have made for the long-legged Duc. While revisiting the drawing board, Ducati created the 1000S, an even sportier Multistrada equipped with race-quality Öhlins suspension, carbon-fiber front fender and an attractive tapered handlebar. The second time's a charm, as the Bologna Boys have built the sport-bagger we would most like to spend extended weekends aboard exploring endless backroads. Bella!

Yes because going fast in a straight line is popular...

I like how kids come up to me and go yo my shit could take yours i look at their bikes extended swingarm all chrome fucking scarface airbrushed on the side...I am you think you could take my bike anyday of the week right? Ok where you wanna do this? They are like anywhere you want. So I go on some backroads not even bad ones and start doing 80+ around turns dragging knee while they are doing 35 40tops like duuude what teh fuck kind of road is this? Why would you ever come here?!

F-800ST

bmw-f800s-600.jpg

This is definitely something I would consider. I like the look and if comfort is good then I can see myself going to check it out in person. Price tag may hold me back a little but who knows. Is 800cc too big for a first motorbike? Yeah, I've ridden a 250cc scooter a lot but a motorbike is kinda different.

The 650 Motard thing looks like something I've painted before!! Kinda funny. I love the looks but I think it's a little on the "less is more" side of things for my liking. I could see how it would be super fun to ride though. Seriously... it looks like something I would paint...

The Multistrada caught my attention because of it's versatility compared to the Monster or the SV650 or even that F800. It just came across to me as a commuter style bike, which is what I would be using it for 90% of the time. But after seeing that F800... I'm open.

Thanks!

That video makes getting in a crash look fun...seriously they all walk away. I cant wait to start doing track days! (actually I cant wait to get my bike running again)

I bought Tourist Trophy for playstation last night...My life is ruined...I just want to pull my bike into my apt. sit on it in full gear playing that shit...

ef7ee63a.jpg

8H_031.JPG