<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

the applications are different. you'll need cs for mac. not sure about adobe's policy on license transfer, maybe call them and ask if they'll give you a mac version of the product if they can verify that you have a valid license of the pc version. i work indirectly for a large software manufacturer and they do allow for license transfers between two of the same computer but not for pc to mac or vice versa.

• 1 month later...

Need help.

Entire town's service went out the other night for interwebz, phones, etc...

Service came on next day.

Wireless works, but not ethernet.

I have tried rebooting computer, routers, etc...

I have tried changing IP addresses.

Sometimes it says it is connected, then when I try to get it to update the dh?? lease it won't get a signal.

I am using a Mac with Snow Leopard on a dsl line with a piece of shit Thomson router bridged to a linksys ddwrt wireless router.

Both are necessary due to middle of nowhere Mexico.

Anybody got some solutions for this nonsense?

In before "SMASH YER MAC AND BUY A PC, BR0."

have you contacted your isp yet? with how convoluted your set up is, simple suggestions on a forum are kinda tough to give. usually, ISPs give free support for networking issues, especially if you threaten to go with another provider.

when you say the "wireless works, but not ethernet" do you mean that the computers that connect wirelessly work but the computers that are hardwired don't? i'm confused because if you're able to connect wirelessly, you should be able to connect with an ethernet cable as well.

Couldn't find a thread about web design, so I figured id ask it here.

Im thinking about going back to school, and am looking to study something that's gonna be in demand for a long time to come. Im considering web development. Some people have said that web design is becoming easier and therefore less in demand. Is this true? Are there any other tech fields that are high in demand and that pay well? Thanks yall.

it has become pretty easy to design a website especially with templates from places like wordpress like minus mentioned and software such as dreamweaver being commercially available. there's even a dreamweaver for dummies book so anyone with a bit of motivation and know how can make a website. then again, any design job that i see posted usually includes web design as a requirement.

that being said, i don't know shit about making websites and pay someone to do it for me. i create the content, but they write the code.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping that there are some networking heads in here. With no routing statements in place, what logical addresses can be reached from an interface with the IP 204.1.27.8/28?

If you know the answer, can you offer some explanation as well? I'm trying to figure this shit out.

edit: (yes it's for some homework)

So I received my i7-3770K today in the mail that I got from Intel for 120 bucks. I OC'ed it to 4.0 ghz on stock V-Core and it's running @ 53C with 100% load on Prime 95, which are excellent temperatures for an i7 chip. It's been 30 minutes and so far so good, 0 errors. I'm so stoked on this!

If your employers are verified for Intel, or if you have a work email, try signing up because they have summer deals and holiday deals that you literally cannot miss.

It's awesome:

https://retailedge.intel.com/

192B32DC-169C-4D0D-B5B3-A314DC0D0244-7334-00000059895E71B8.jpg

So I received my i7-3770K today in the mail that I got from Intel for 120 bucks. I OC'ed it to 4.0 ghz on stock V-Core and it's running @ 53C with 100% load on Prime 95, which are excellent temperatures for an i7 chip. It's been 30 minutes and so far so good, 0 errors. I'm so stoked on this!

If your employers are verified for Intel, or if you have a work email, try signing up because they have summer deals and holiday deals that you literally cannot miss.

It's awesome:

https://retailedge.intel.com/

This guys knows his 1001010001010100

Question:

somebody found an at&t iphone 5, can it be wiped clean and sold on ebay?

it could be wiped clean but you cannot change the IMEI # or the Apple Serial #. both of these tied the phone to the original owner.

if they report it stolen or lost the carrier (Att&t) will black list it and it will no longer be able to activate it. Also, with no Jailbreak / Unlock (yet, no eta) available you cant just take it to the next carrier.

i take it, it didn't have the find my iphone app installed?

does it have a lock-screen passcode? is it still active? turn off the location service ! right nao

SETTINGS>LOCATION SERVICES> OFF!!

if it doesn't then go to the following location on phone:

SETTINGS>ICLOUD>FIND MY IPHONE

if you dont see it your're in good shape for being tracked.

as for the sale. disclaimer. **buyer beware possible bad ESN/IMEI # **

the find my iPhone was in the off position before it was wiped clean. The phone won't let the user continue the setup process without a sim. could the location services be running in the background after it's been wiped?

if it was off good.

during setup, i believe there is a option to turn on location service once its connects to a wifi. not sure.

if you cant get past the setup process. try finding someone with a 4s and user that sim, hopefully it will activate without having to call at&t to point that 4s "sim card" to the iphone 5 imei.

or keep it in the draw until a jailbreak is release with "hacktivate" capabilities

While hacktivation is still possible on older iPhones, Apple had added additional security on iPhone 5 and iOS 6 to prevent unauthorized activation or “hacktivation.”

It was only until recently that major US carriers such as AT&T started blacklisting iPhones which are reported missing or stolen. When iOS 6 was released together with the iPhone 5, Apple and AT&T worked together and implemented additional security by requiring Billing Zip Code and the last 4-digit of Social Security Number (SSN) of the person who purchased the iPhone to be entered during iPhone activation.

I'll keep looking.