Books: Everybody Get Your Read On

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

0304352403.jpg

has anyone read this ?

Unlike most war memoirs it seems totally unembellished. the author had already been on the eastern front for over year of unimaginable suffering, around the time when he volunteers for the prestigious Grossdeutschland division. There are instances in battle and every one of the author's comrades are totally insane. he took part in every major battle on the eastern front, and never did anything heroic

I also recomemnd 'too young to be a hero' by rick holz, another teenage eastern front german

0304352403.jpg

has anyone read this ?

Unlike most war memoirs it seems totally unembellished. the author had already been on the eastern front for over year of unimaginable suffering, around the time when he volunteers for the prestigious Grossdeutschland division. There are instances in battle and every one of the author's comrades are totally insane. he took part in every major battle on the eastern front, and never did anything heroic

I also recomemnd 'too young to be a hero' by rick holz, another teenage eastern front german

Cacashrefund..if u feel like stepping up from your trashy tom clancy :D

On Sunday I finished Son of the Morning Star. Didn't think about it at the time but, it was the anniversary of the event. Anyway, the BEST history book I can remember reading and I was gonna be a history major at one point. Fucking awesome!

0865475105-books-resized200.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm sure all of the Chuck Palahniuk books have been listed. My two favorites are Invisible Monsters, and Lullaby. I've got the first 6 books as .pdf files if anyone wants them.

The Principia Discordia is an interesting, quick read.

Just found this book last night. It's supposed to be the first book ever written about magic, during the 1500s.

Also reading the Dharma Bums by Kerouac.

Just finished Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut. Great plunge into chaos.

Also read Man Without a Country about a month ago. Fun, quick read. You can kill it in about two hours.

Currently:

Big Sur by Kerouac

Point Counter Point by Huxley

and Sometimes a Great Notion by Kesey (which I can't seem to finish).

Breakfast of Champians is hillarious. Check the movie with Bruce Willis. Awesomely bad...

Galapagos by Vonnegut is really really good too.

I've already mentioned any book by Douglas Adams but I will again. Seriously, every one. Especially Last Chance to See.

And if you do like Douglas Adams, make sure you read Salmon of a Doubt. It was a book created posthumously from articles, various essays, and short stories they grabbed off of his computer. It's awesome.

Also everything by Neil Stephenson.

• 6 months later...
Breakfast of Champians is hillarious. Check the movie with Bruce Willis. Awesomely bad...

i rented the movie from a library and lost it. had to pay 40bills for this retarded movie, but then i found it so i got a vhs full of stupid. book is awesome though.

i'm still reading Abarat by Clive Barker.

You could take a look at my book if you wanted. It's available at bookstores worldwide or you can get it here : http://www.amazon.com/Blackbook-Poems-Daniel-Dosa-Stuart/dp/1411629019/ref=sr_1_1/002-8031262-0824842?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174270980&sr=8-1

Here are a couple of pieces from it:

One time too many is all it takes...

That's what I heard...

But I bought into the words cats sold on a cold winter days train rides through the subways...

On their way to the suburbs...

Disperse your finance for a fine chance at a better life...

And dance on the debt floor where two cents gets you through the door and you can one-two step with Ciara on the borders of broke forever more...

Live outside your means because that's what it means to be an Ameri-can...

But it seems this Ameri-can't dream screams louder than the mouth in the Whitehouse as he lies to soldiers so they'll lay down their lives for beans...

Creating two-hundred and fifty thousand jacks with no promise of a sky high stalk or a golden goose... just death scenes...

with no truth in sight...

So we stay injected in the earth's largest vein where the black blood flows with no end to the turmoil...

Apparently we need to end our dependency on foreign oil...

So why don't we send our troops to assinate the Beverly Hillbillys!!!

...no more toil-ing in the sands of the desert...

Now if you try to tell me that we can't because it's all fiction I'll say... you're right... the war in Iraq becomes more ficticious every day...

Based on lies and built on the backs of the poor and misinformed...

We need to weigh... the consequences of our actions because we sure the fuck didn't when we re-elected the worst disease this world has seen in decades...

But we'll continue to evade the truth and spend our lives two ways...

Check to check or no check at all...

Finance status is the new gold and everbody's gotta' have it!!

I think it's tragic when a cat with a two stack chain and three hundred buck kicks is flexin' a new whip but can't feed his kids...

bitchin' about child support and shit...

Somethings wrong when you only have twenty dollars IN the bank and you owe two-hundred and fifty thousand dollars TO the bank...

If you got credit you got cash....

Using a credit card to pay off a credit card and wondering why it's so hard to get ahead...

GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ASS & DO THE MATH!!!

Pass right past that flashing sign that says "Get a flat screen plasma for no money down!! 90 days!! Same as cash!! Sale price $8999 plus tax!!!"

Just keep on moving...

Fight the desire that conspires to crush your forward fiscal future... because there's no suture for being sixty with no savings and SSI don't pay enough to be able to afford to shit indoors...

I don't care how nice your house is if your couch in it isn't even paid for!!

So please close your ears and feel free to change the station during commercials...

Immerse your mind in the beauty of the natural world and life's experience...

Instead of platinum, suede, or whatever the right now shit is...

Be more than what they expect you to be... and when facing the powers that be... never concede defeat...

Consider a future for your family instead of a cadillac SUV or a new M3...

Please believe...

You are worth so much more than the shallow value they place on you...

Material objects can be replaced but once you've sold your soul it's a full in effect no refunds policy with or without receipt...

Now listen...

The streets are talkin'... and they always will...

but it's 99 percent bullshit and only 1 percent real...

So what will you believe?

And also:

Creep through the down low grime...

Shoulda city crime capers defined by suspect souls stepping silent down back line alleyways...

Sleep and dazed society spends nights tucked in dark dreams while lost life scenes scream out for fame...

Hoodys and backpacks packed with fat caps and cans racked...

Dressed black so shadows stacked two or three deep can impact lifes lames...

They wake with the dawns gaze and gaze amazed at the top to bottom whole cars...

Window down burners...

And quick crossed low gloss toss-ups...

Tossed up techniques who tip toe through the train yards until the transit swine transmit lines of trespassers...

So steadily to sprint past...

Fast found footing...

Fighting to avoid the third rail and scales fences and walls...

Spitting low whistle calls to heads up the best up bombing rooftops and rollers...

Never folders...

Calling any bluff, catchin wreck on fresh cleaned walls and screaming FUCK THE BUFF!

True... too cold cats kingin the train lines...

Names prime time...

And killin it all city style...

Rockin two to three akas to throw a kink in the cops files...

Straight wild five by five hangovers on each level of a ten-floor park-n-pay...

Over spray painting nails cause its a everyday thing walking thirty city blocks from twelve to four oclock a.m. and games we play...

Who can hit the craziest spot...

Flashback to Kiem sprayin a K on the back of a transit cop and hoppin the train to never get caught...

Names gettin to hot when hoppers park on your block and wait till you leave...

They play the sit-n-watch...

So I may hang up my illegals cause aint nuthin regal about being twenty six and locked up three to six for some graffiti shit...

But this xylene laced mace still bleeds from my veins no matter how times change...

And Ima always have love for burners, bombers, and battlers who stay gettin up and forever stay down.

I've been ploughing through this guys books lately.

Tim Moore

Frost on My moustache - travels through the artic

french revolutions -tracing the route of the Tour de france by himself

Spanish Steps - walking the camino de santiago with a donkey

He's got a few more but i don't rate them so much