The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Fuck man...

I've bombed some hills in Charlestown that i'll never do again.

ya Charlestowns got some nice hills too, apparently this happened in Everett. theres a hill in Medford thats between the train station and the high school i used to bomb a lot as a kid and you blasted right through a stop sign, i must have gone through that thing about 30+ times and never once got hit by a car...

very lucky.

edit: 5,000 post, im glad it was in the skateboard thread.. yeaaaah.

I never drew , painted anything on my griptape , and that covers 23 years of skating . I do however cut my griptape into crazy-ass designs , which anyone skating in the 80's will testify , was the rage .

Stickers were and still are the fucking bomb . I'd have 10-15 Santa Cruz stickers placed on my board just like Jason Jessee or Eric Dressen did . :lol:

• Like 1

occasionally ill cut a design in my tape for ol time sake. i dont write on it ever. but i really dont care about what it looks like. my boy is ocd as fuck and cant stand to have dirt or anything get on his. its pretty gay when he tries to keep it clean and shit.

i used to get a line or 2 here and there.. lately i've just been taking a screw driver and scrapping a line on the tail. never got too crazy though.

busted my knee yesterday, kept skating, woke up this morning and it took me like 30 minutes to stand up.. shit sucks.

Hey, where have you been skating? I've been out of the scene for a couple years. Spots use to be the fountain (before they ticketed you), moca, heavens, navy yard...What about nowadays?

Hey, where have you been skating? I've been out of the scene for a couple years. Spots use to be the fountain (before they ticketed you), moca, heavens, navy yard...What about nowadays?

theres Eggs, sometimes it can be crowded and sometimes cops swing through, but more often than not its fine to skate.

theres a few ledges and a ollie up 2 set thats good to manual near the aquarium right on atlantic ave i think.. theres a few ledges and shit up and down that whole little walking area they built in the middle of the street..

i still skate copley at night every so often, and around the jackson mann has a couple decent spots..

financial district is all but dead, they've removed or knobbed almost every decent ledge that was there.

roxbury and dorchester seem to be where its at for stairs/gaps/rails and shit of the larger nature, its just all hiding on the back streets and shit.

but more often than not i find myself driving to skateparks or we end up driving to east bumfuck to some random spot we've heard of through the grape vine.

i'll try to rack my brain for a few others though..