The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i skateboarded for like 3-4 months when i was younger, then one day face planted dropping in ( huge fail), then i said fuck this threw the board in a pond and smoke a bunch of weed , cool story huh.

p.s i owned two nash boards when i was younger too, so that rules, so, suck your own dick, just saying.

Alright I wanna work on learning airs in a mini but I don't know if I should try for BS or FS first. I can turn way better BS but I;m reading a ton of things on the internets saying to do FS airs first. Also grab vs no grab. Is it whatever feels good or is there a way that will make it easier to figure out.

Dude I'm driving with a long road ahead of me and listening to sirrus. There's a show iv listened to before without realizing who I was listening to, its fucking Jason Ellis. I just thought it was some eccentric random Australian dude then he starts talkin bout the whiskey videos n shit.

First time I heard it, shit was funny enough to keep it tuned in for a bit, maybe 20 mins. This was is pretty funny.

Anyways, ya. If you didn't know. But maybe did. Dudes got a sattellite radio show.

Worth checking out for a few minutes anyways.

Alright I wanna work on learning airs in a mini but I don't know if I should try for BS or FS first. I can turn way better BS but I;m reading a ton of things on the internets saying to do FS airs first. Also grab vs no grab. Is it whatever feels good or is there a way that will make it easier to figure out.

i'd personally go frontside, i havent tried grabbing, but id say it depends on how high you5r trying to go, if you just wanna start popping a little bit id say no grab, but if you wanna break coping maybe grab, i tried to keep it small at first and just kept doing fakie ollie and fs 180s back to back to get comfortable, then just work your way up the ramp until you start airing over coping.

why dont you just try both?

I would not try that.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, all five episodes of Brian Anderson's Epicly Laterd are up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DNs90FI2Y

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/epicly-later-d-season-two/brian-anderson-part-5-of-5

Makes me miss CT a little.

funny you post that right now, i'm gearing up to take a trip to my home-state park (groton), and actually met the dude there once. i felt like i was the only motherfucker who had no idea who he was and just knew him as 'the dude that was stomping the shit out of everything in sight'

did a fakie ollie for the first time above coping today on a 6 footer, been going for fs airs too but i notice im reachin for ground when i do em.

absolutely what i'm going for lately. i've broken myself way too much skating street, and i like going fast way too much, so i'm starting to try to get my airs and shit down. where around boston is there a 6ft ramp other than hyde park? that fucking thing feels like it's made out of old soap bottles.

absolutely what i'm going for lately. i've broken myself way too much skating street, and i like going fast way too much, so i'm starting to try to get my airs and shit down. where around boston is there a 6ft ramp other than hyde park? that fucking thing feels like it's made out of old soap bottles.

i dont think there is really.. none that i can think of right now atleast.. we drive like 30 mins to some far off town every time we go skating. did you check out that concrete disciples website? we just wrote down all the parks that looked good and started crossing them off the list.. thats the thing thats always sucked about up here, theres not a whole lot readily available, all the good spots require driving far away, and thats if someone let you in on where they are haha.

went skating on marathon monday down at the eggs, almost got fuckin ran over by 2 motorcycle cops. dudes just whipped right down the sidewalk and started grabbing kids skating the ledges, me and my buddy grabbed our shit and started running, then we found out down the street from some other kids that i guess the cops were on a rampage all day handing out $100 tickets for skating around boston. some kid said he got a ticket for skating through a park.

i've eaten shit so many times in the past weeks too, i really need to take that break i said i was gonna take, im all sorts of fucked up right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDdqubE7zQ

Scan0039.thumb.jpg.f340456b52374d2e4cf1019a8ee72bec.jpg