The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

Hey man, you guys are pretty good, but you need to drop the 270 out of the tail/noseslide unless you're going faster and power through that last 45 degrees. It doesn't look good unless you ride away tic-tac free. Loosen up the trucks.

Also, that's cool that your friend is in a band, but don't use them as the music unless they have a record deal or at least a little production value. It kinda has that awkward "I'm 14 and feeling up a girl behind the bleachers for the first time" kind of vibe. You know, the kind of music you listen to when the girl dumps you and you feel sorry for yourself listening to it alone in your room, thinking life will never be the same and how many people would miss you if you killed yourself. I had to mute the sound after about 60 seconds.

Lastly, don't make a fool of yourselves in front of middle aged black folks. It just backs up the stereotype that all white folks are goofy and awkward.

they were goin for that indie vibe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I haven't been to this site in years and hate to leave spam as a return post but...

My city and local shop are currently building a skateplaza. We have funding for the first phase and are diligently trying to get support/funding for the second and third phase. Right now we are trying to win the pepsi refresh grant that would make it possible to finish phase two and are in need of votes to do so. the plaza is an hour from philly and an hour and a half from ny. you can check out the project at www.homebase610.com or check out the field ops on www.theberrics.com. if you have a second to lend a vote you can do it at http://www.refresheverything.com/bethlehemskateplaza. Thanks for your time and any and all help is appreciated.

by the way you can vote ONCE EVERY DAY on this, and if you have multiple emails....;)

@ medcab

shit he said in the start of the video is too true..

video was sick. 360 kickflip bs nb's 720 out are fuckin amazing, but i can watch raw ass, fun street skatin over n over...

@whiteblack

yeh man, its kinda hard to compete with mentally disabled kid programs and stuff, but we're tryin! ill keep votin for ya, just so i can skate it one day..

(and i know you probably already did the tony hawk foundation deal, but when me and some friends got a skatepark built a while ago, it helped us along with some surprising donations from citizens who weren't even connected to skating. push the maude flanders "what about the children?!" angle...)

That Shiloh Greathouse part was good. I don't know if i agree with what he said about there being no spots back in the day, and it was all just sessioning the city, because I recognized a ton of spots in his part from even back in the 80's videos. I don't know if he means that kids don't just cruise around their city these days, because I think i see more of that now than ever before. It's alive and well on the east coast, at least.

I haven't been to this site in years and hate to leave spam as a return post but...

My city and local shop are currently building a skateplaza. We have funding for the first phase and are diligently trying to get support/funding for the second and third phase. Right now we are trying to win the pepsi refresh grant that would make it possible to finish phase two and are in need of votes to do so. the plaza is an hour from philly and an hour and a half from ny. you can check out the project at www.homebase610.com or check out the field ops on www.theberrics.com. if you have a second to lend a vote you can do it at http://www.refresheverything.com/bethlehemskateplaza. Thanks for your time and any and all help is appreciated.

voted. hopefully if this thing gets built well take a road trip up there. it looks HUMONGOUS in the plans! also, if you dont get the funding, i wouldnt give up. i helped build a park here in Philly with all donated labor which saved alot of money. You should talk to businesses near where the park is gonna be built to get funding, as it will bring more people to their area, especially food stores and mini mart/gas station type places. The pizza place across the street from our project was smart to donate money, because once it was finished their business doubled. they could probably sell nothing but gatorade and water in the summer and still pay their bills.

best skateparks in the northeast? anyone? i've since beat the fuck out of my legs and can't skate street as much as i'd like to anymore, and rely on bowls as a source of awesomeness. spined minis also apply.

http://www.concretedisciples.com/skateparksdb/display_state.php?state=MA

thats a good start, theres a couple parks i dont think are on there.. looks like dedham/hydepark one isnt, thats pretty decent.

wyndham and londonderry parks in NH are good, theres a couple others too. they'll be on that site as well.

yeah thanks for the support folks. Phase one is being built regardless and will be done in july. if you looked at the rendering phase 1 deals with the street section up to the "stage", or the stair set with a roof. Hopefully we get some backing and the construction of phase 2 & 3 continues, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting the pepsi grant.

and a small contribution to the thread. heres a little clip i made of mostly digi cam footage from last year.

http://vimeo.com/10533356